• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Silent Scream

Navy Pride said:
Steen I want you to put your crack pipe down and try and concentrate like a laser beam........There are no new born infants in group homes waiting for adoption..........
Ah, and if they aren't newborn, then it is OK to let them rot in the group home. Ah, ok I got you loud and clear.

Navy Pride said:
Steen I want you to put your crack pipe down and try and concentrate like a laser beam........There are no new born infants in group homes waiting for adoption..........

Did you deliberately miss his point, or what?

The reason there are no newborns in group homes awaiting adoption is because the vast majority are put into foster care and during the procedure to relinquish parental rights and make the child available for adoption can take from 6 months to two years.
Also, the majority of women who seek abortion are white. The children awaiting adoption in this country are primarily black. There is also a disproportionate amount of children over the age of three awaiting adoption that are handicapped, HIV positive, have a history of being abused or are pawns between parents, foster parents and the courts.
At 20,000 adoptions per year in this country and more children in fostercare than ever before, the fact that adoptive parents by and large would prefer a white newborn and then say, 'well there aren't any, let's try Korea' speaks volumes for the bigotted and hypocritical thoughts of so-called pro-lifers in this country.

Navy Pride said:

Children in Foster Care

Percent Number
Total 532,000
Ages
Under 1 year 5% 24,290
1–5 years 22 128,946
6–10 years 24 116,801
11–15 years 30 158,290
16–18 years 17 92,091
19 years and over 2 10,321
Female 48 252,932
Race/ethnicity
White, non-Hispanic 39% 205,478
Black, non-Hispanic 37 195,040
Hispanic1 17 89,177
American Indian/Alaskan Native,
non-Hispanic 2 9,792
Asian, non-Hispanic 1 3,423
Hawaiian/Pacific Islander,
non-Hispanic 0 1,465
Unknown/unable to determine 3 14,432
Two or more races non-Hispanic 2 12,986
Lengths of stay
Less than 1 month 5 23,948
1–5 months 18 94,399
6–11 months 16 84,707
12–17 months 12 62,036
18–23 months 8 45,008
24–29 months 7 36,236
30–35 months 5 27,196
3–4 years 13 70,754
5 years or more 16 87,694
NOTE: Preliminary FY 2002 estimates as of August 2004. Percentages may not add up to 100% and numbers may not add up to totals due to rounding.
1. Hispanic can be of any race.
Source: U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Admin. for Children and Families, Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS)

Some Adoption Statistics:
15.5%
* In 1992, the last year for which total adoption statistics were available, 127,441 children of all races and nationalities were adopted in the United States.
* Of the adoptions that occurred in 1992, 42% were by a stepparent or relative; 15.5% were adopted from foster care; 5% were adopted from other countries by U.S. families.
* States with the highest number of adoptions are the states with larger populations. In 1992, there were 14,722 adoptions in California, 9,570 in New York, 8,235 in Texas, and 6,839 in Florida.
* According to the most recent estimates, which include international adoptions, 8% of adoptions were transracial.
* International adoptions have increased dramatically over the last decade. According to the U.S. State Department, in 1992, 6,472 children were adopted from abroad. In 1999, the number had increased to 16,396.
* According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, in 1999, 33% of children adopted from foster care were adopted by a single parent, the overwhelming majority of which were single women (31%).
* It is estimated that about 1 million children in the United States live with adoptive parents, and that between 2% and 4% of U.S. families include an adopted child.

oops-can't find an edit for my post-s/b 120,000 adoptions per year.

I have two nephews, both adopted at 3 days old, 2 years apart, born in this country, and are white. Given the statistics above, obviously white infants are a minority for adoption, but if nothing else, those stats show the inequities of what children languish in the government services. 46% are over 1 year of age. This all brings a question to mind:

If reality was reversed and the majority of abortions in this country were chosen by poor minority women, would this agument still be as rampant and emotionally charged? Sadly, my gut says no.

No kidding. We already hear enough people whinging about black single mothers with 3 kids.

I can't think of a single reason I would want to watch this video...How far along was the woman?

Calm2Chaos said:
I can't think of a single reason I would want to watch this video...How far along was the woman?

I'm pretty sure the woman was fully grown.

vergiss said:
I'm pretty sure the woman was fully grown.

Your a riot...:rofl

NO....Not really.... OK how far along was the fetus?

Back
Top Bottom