• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Silencing opposition is alive and well

Conservatives don't get silenced so much as their extremists get banned off all major platforms and they have to use lesser known platforms that accept hate speech and misinformation that harms public health, open racism, etc. They get put in their place eventually, when they act up enough. Same thing happens on this forum.

Although you, American, are still cluttering up the forum with threads like this...can't be that shut-down now can we?
@American might not see this unless you quote or tag him.

and the but it was 50 years ago...is excusing it.
Where was the "but"? Seeing words I haven't written?
I hope you didn't hurt yourself too much with that stretch.

:giggle:

Quotation-John-Wayne-Very-few-of-the-so-called-liberals-are-open-minded-137-90-92.jpg

He knew Silicon Valley before it even existed. Point is, nothing has changed except now those that can silence others have more power and scale than ever including an entire political party. I haven't seen Democrats fight against entities that attempt to silence opposition.
Quick question. Why can't Trumpets distinguish between lies and differing philosophies?

Are they not educable?

the post you quoted was six weeks old
Well, I just saw it for the first time about 40 minutes ago. I can't keep up on all the threads in this forum, TD. That's why we have you :)

No. We're saying YOU do that. I gave examples of Liz Cheyney and Brad Raffsensperger. They're being targeted by right-wing militant cons right now. Their crime? Speaking the truth. Today's conservatives are nothing but thugs.
Who owns facebook, instagram and twitter? LIBERALS! Hello?

Who owns facebook, instagram and twitter? LIBERALS! Hello?
Yeah, right. He broke the TOS. Just like what happens to you here, break the TOS, get tossed.

Trumpists think rules are made for anyone else but them. Like Bannon thinking he doesn't have to show up for his testimony.

@ "Silencing opposition is alive and well"..........

......... and the most frequent "silencing" isn't one political party over the other it's men silencing women, even on the Supreme Court.

(from the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/19/supreme-court-men-interrupting-women)
"....... the tendency for men to talk over women has now been officially recognized by the US supreme court. Newly introduced rules to the structure of oral arguments are in place to address the issue of male justices and attorneys interrupting their female colleagues."

"A 2014 study at George Washington University even found that, when speaking to women, men interrupt 33% more often than when speaking to other men."

These measures were discussed last week by Sonia Sotomayor, ..... And they show that, far from being a mere everyday annoyance, “mansplaining” (or the ideologically adjacent “manterrupting”) can interfere with democracy.

Who revived this Klan meeting?

"We gotta stop da libruls! We gots ta do someting!"

I hear wind through missing teeth.

Do people here see a difference in Trumpets and Bidets?
I see a great difference in President Trump and Biden but their devoted acolytes seem similar.

As for free speech, which I value, both the far left and the far right seem to hate free speech but the far left is in a position right now to stop free speech.

Quotation-John-Wayne-Very-few-of-the-so-called-liberals-are-open-minded-137-90-92.jpg

He knew Silicon Valley before it even existed. Point is, nothing has changed except now those that can silence others have more power and scale than ever including an entire political party. I haven't seen Democrats fight against entities that attempt to silence opposition.
Some ideas are just stupid. Like all of the right’s ideas, for example.

We don’t need more stupid ideas making more people stupid.

Only one side is passing laws criminalizing speech in classes and books in school libraries. Something we see in places like Russia and China.

Do people here see a difference in Trumpets and Bidets?
I see a great difference in President Trump and Biden but their devoted acolytes seem similar.

As for free speech, which I value, both the far left and the far right seem to hate free speech but the far left is in a position right now to stop free speech.
:ROFLMAO:

Who are you to decide what's not allowed?
It is a common theme among the fascist left. Only they can decide what you need, what is good for you, and what ideas you are allowed to have. If you disagree with any of that, then they will seek to "cancel" you.

It is a common theme among the fascist left. Only they can decide what you need, what is good for you, and what ideas you are allowed to have. If you disagree with any of that, then they will seek to "cancel" you.
Good one drug war, no gay marriage, cops can do no wrong, some books should be burned guy.

Y’all spend all your time telling other folks how to live while screaming that people are telling you how to live when they’re really telling you to mind your own damn business.

Not one of the stupid. Why should stupid people be allowed to make my life more difficult?
Why should stupid people be allowed to vote? Right? You want to go to intelligence tests for voting?

Sounds like the "Big Lie" and the ensuing insurrection seeking to "cancel" a fair and free election, incited by one term loser, twice impeached POTUS #45.
☝️Sounds like leftwing desperation.

Back
Top Bottom