• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Signed up for my Medical Marijuana card

THC should work well for that purpose. Too bad your physician won't prescribe Marinol capsules? Marinol and generic dronabinol come in capsules of 2.5 mg, 5 mg, and 10 mg strengths. These medications take about 30 minutes to an hour to start working, with peak effects at 2 to 4 hours.

The Baclofen we talked about me using for coming off Xanax helps with the anxiety but not the lack of sleep.

I've seen people bake buds on a cookie sheet, then grind them up using an electric grinder for consumption. That way, you can skip the filling capsules process and just add the ground weed to a bowl of soup, chili, stew, shake, or any consumable food product to disguise the raw taste. Today's marijuana is so potent, it doesn't take that much, 4-6 grams (half a 1/8th bag), to add to a recipe. Like I said in an earlier post, consume only a capsule/sip/bite or two to see how you react the first few times, so you don't freak out.

You can purchase MJ online but you need a bitcoin account and a reputable site.
Argh, my heart goes out to you. Hopefully, you got off O.K., and never looked back.

I can't tell you how many people I know that have struggled with benzos.

Somewhere around 1 out of 5 regular drinkers will become an alcoholic. That means the 4 of 5 who don't have a problem with alcohol, have no issues. But for the 1 out of 5, alcohol can be excruciating or impossible to kick.

Well, ditto for benzos. Some can use and quit benzos with little fanfare. But if you're one of those biologically predisposed to benzo dependency, as alcoholics are to alcohol, it can be Holy Hell.

Hope it all worked-out for you.

While vaping is legal in PA, I'm not certain if preparing edibles is legal or not. They are down on smoking it in any way, but swallowing a tomato bisque? It would seem kindof silly.

The cops around here are pretty low key &nice guys. I got a warning at a radar speed trap if that's any indication. They give white-haired guys a break, I feel.

Argh, my heart goes out to you. Hopefully, you got off O.K., and never looked back.

I can't tell you how many people I know that have struggled with benzos.

Somewhere around 1 out of 5 regular drinkers will become an alcoholic. That means the 4 of 5 who don't have a problem with alcohol, have no issues. But for the 1 out of 5, alcohol can be excruciating or impossible to kick.

Well, ditto for benzos. Some can use and quit benzos with little fanfare. But if you're one of those biologically predisposed to benzo dependency, as alcoholics are to alcohol, it can be Holy Hell.

Hope it all worked-out for you.

I have an old prescription for Ambien, which is not a benzo. While there is a lot on making the switch on the internet, I too an Ambien with no problem but I slept only 2.5 hours.

In the PA process you first register online with the PA Dept of Health. Their website form was a bit frustrating & time consuming but I now have my patient number.

Second step is getting approval from a medical doctor. I got a call back from a psychiatrist here in town that I know who is on the list of those authorized to approve these cards. $200 & an office visit & I'll be waiting for my card in the mail.

The list of medical conditions that you have to have in order to qualify for the card includes anxiety. Since I need to stop drinking & am facing a number of medical procedures to have my aorta heart valve replaced, I think I qualify in this category.

This psychiatrist flat out told me on the phone that I'm in. She's the kind of doctor who will write a prescription for damned near anything if you ask for it.

The nearest marijuana dispensary is about a 30 minute drive.

I've been advised to stick to edibles. I hope they are not too expensive.

My wife has a card here in Maryland.

You actually get choices.

And they DELIVER!!!!!!

My wife has a card here in Maryland.

You actually get choices.

And they DELIVER!!!!!!
Here you order either by phone or e-mail & they give you a pickup time. Since it's only 10 minutes from our house, no big deal. Product line changes daily.

Here you order either by phone or e-mail & they give you a pickup time. Since it's only 10 minutes from our house, no big deal. Product line changes daily.

I'm looking forward to hearing what kind of strains you like, as well as which products

I'm looking forward to hearing what kind of strains you like, as well as which products
My wife found me 4 glass jars with vacuum seal lids that will fit in the shelves in my refrigerator freezer door. I will label each one with the strain & THC content.

My wife found me 4 glass jars with vacuum seal lids that will fit in the shelves in my refrigerator freezer door. I will label each one with the strain & THC content.

I stocked up on one particular kind, and keep it in the fridge in airtight bottles and in a black plastic bag so the light doesn't deteriorate it.

I'm looking forward to the results of the NJ ballet initiative to legalize pot statewide. They are a short drive away & hopefully will have a greater range of products to choose from, including edibles.

I stocked up on one particular kind, and keep it in the fridge in airtight bottles and in a black plastic bag so the light doesn't deteriorate it.
you do know that refrigerator light goes off when the fridge door is shut

just messing with you because of the nature of the thread we are in

I'm looking forward to the results of the NJ ballet initiative to legalize pot statewide. They are a short drive away & hopefully will have a greater range of products to choose from, including edibles.
[emphasis added by bubba ... who needs to get stoned]
their campaign is titled "piroutte for pot"

I emailed the producer of the capsules to ask a simple question: do they decarboxylate (heat treat) the Cannabis before filling the capsules? No reply yet. Simple question. If decarboxylated, they contain THC. If not. they contain THC-acid, which is not psychoactive.
All the thc on the plant is not psychoactive when first harvested. Decarbing helps to activate some of the thc and for whatever reason helps to remove the horrible taste of baked goods. It is not necessary to decarb everything there is plenty of active thc in a plant if the genes of the mother and father were good.

All the thc on the plant is not psychoactive when first harvested. Decarbing helps to activate some of the thc and for whatever reason helps to remove the horrible taste of baked goods. It is not necessary to decarb everything there is plenty of active thc in a plant if the genes of the mother and father were good.
THC went first made in the plant is in the the form of THC-carboxylic acid, which is not psychoactive. Decarboxylating the dried plant material by heating in a oven decarboxylates the acid as CO2, leaving pure THC.

Last edited:
I found these:

INDICA

Meditation [30pk]
VireooptION Softgel Capsules

DETAILS
THC 0.94% CBD 0.47%
DESCRIPTION
This type of medicine, like liquids, take a long time to enter your system and take effect. They also last for a long time. As a general rule, patients should wait at least 3 hours before taking another dose.
THC went first made in the plant is inthe the form of THC-carboxylic acid, which is not psychoactive. Decarboxylating the dried plant material by heating in a oven decarboxylates the acid as CO2, leaving pure THC.
All I know is fifty years ago when we were getting colombian all of it had seeds in it and nobody decarbed anything. Rolled doobies and went to town. It worked fine.

All I know is fifty years ago when we were getting colombian all of it had seeds in it and nobody decarbed anything. Rolled doobies and went to town. It worked fine.
I'm talking about decarbing to make edibles. In a joint, the heat at the burning end decarbs the THC-carboxylic acid & you inhale only THC.

I'm talking about decarbing to make edibles. In a joint, the heat at the burning end decarbs the THC-carboxylic acid & you inhale only THC.
I would highly recommend decarbing for edibles. The best way i've seen it done is in a seal a meal bag dropped into boiling water for an hour. It eliminates the smell. Doing it in butter really stinks up the house and in the oven it smells pretty badly. Just make sure you grind up your buds first.

I would highly recommend decarbing for edibles. The best way i've seen it done is in a seal a meal bag dropped into boiling water for an hour. It eliminates the smell. Doing it in butter really stinks up the house and in the oven it smells pretty badly. Just make sure you grind up your buds first.
I've posted that it takes something like 225 deg F for 40 minutes. Boiling water gets you only to 212 deg F. Maybe that's close enough & you don't risk burning your herb.

See https://www.substancemarket.com/decarboxylate-cannabis/
How to Decarboxylate Cannabis They call for boiling water for 90 minutes.

You are probably more familiar with kitchen stuff than I am. The recipe calls for a boilable cooking pouch that can be sealed. Any thoughts on brands? Ziplock bags melt at boiling water temperature.

That's because the heat of smoking decarbs it.

You are probably more familiar with kitchen stuff than I am. The recipe calls for a boilable cooking pouch that can be sealed. Any thoughts on brands? Ziplock bags melt at boiling water temperature.

No idea! I cook, but only when needed. Check Amazon?

Nice...I think that will definitely be easier to manage than edibles. There's a lot of independent research that goes into finding exactly the right dosage - different strains have different terpenes, and depending on your schedule, will be better at different parts of the day. The good news is that overdoing it won't kill you...at worst you might find your anxiety symptoms triggered, in which case just wait it out, or try to go to sleep.

For me, I generally take a CBD forward tincture for the daytime hours, which greatly limits any feelings of intoxication, and then just after my little guy goes to bed (I don't ingest THC when he's awake, no matter how bad my symptoms, I still gotta be dad), I'll smoke a strong sativa, so that I can enjoy my evening activities and not just pass out, then right before bed I smoke an indica, which helps me get to sleep and stay asleep.

I highly recommend getting the Leafly app. It walks you through what terpenes are good for what, what strains carry those terpenes, and will even link you to dispensaries carrying those strains. Not sure how it works down there, but ordering online is a good option, especially with the dispensary being so far away.

Best of luck with it... It literally saved my life. If you ever want to chat, feel free to hit me up. :)

And Allbud is good, too. Leafy is doing the terpene layout, but Allbud still uses the indica/sativa and the percentages thereof. Makes it easier to figure out what you like.

I had a nice strain, Jack's Bells last nite. Good solid high, not too much brain dead. My kind of weed. And its fast acting when smoked.

I had a nice strain, Jack's Bells last nite. Good solid high, not too much brain dead. My kind of weed. And its fast acting when smoked.

Never heard of that kind. I've had Lemon OG Kush that effects you immediately, but doesn't last very long.

Never heard of that kind. I've had Lemon OG Kush that effects you immediately, but doesn't last very long.
Yeah a friend picked it up from medical dispensary

Back
Top Bottom