• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Signed up for my Medical Marijuana card

That's kind of funny, because I was looking for a new bong for my husband, and a shop in Australia popped right up. So you prefer the bong to the bag? And nice to see that you made it through your procedure.

I enjoy doing 3 bags but I get a more intense hit from the bong as there is a slug of concentrate in the bowl that helps get me stoned faster. It's been 40 minutes & I'm definitely 'out there'. It's very relaxing but I will not bring it up with the MDs I will see at the end of the month.

A week after the heart operation, I walked a total of 2 miles in 4 days. Rain today.

Last edited:
I enjoy doing 3 bags but I get a more intense hit from the bong as there is a slug of concentrate in it that helps get me stoned faster. It's been 40 minutes & I'm definitely 'out there'. It's very relaxing but I will not bring it up with the MDs I will see at the end of the month.

Two weeks after the heart operation, I walked a total of 2 miles in 4 days. Rain today.

I prefer the ice bong. There are a lot on the net. I'd avoid glass as they are too delicate & expensive. I looked for the URL of the one I bought but it was a basic bong obviously designed to let you fill the draft tube with ice cubes.

I prefer the ice bong. There are a lot on the net. I'd avoid glass as they are too delicate & expensive. I looked for the URL of the one I bought but it was a basic bong obviously designed to let you fill the draft tube with ice cubes.
the glass bongs are good for being clean, without that skunky residue that adheres to acrylics
suspect you would like one if you tried it
while they are much more easily broken, so are plates and glasses, and i would bet you don't eat out of acrylic plates, bowls, and cups

If Mamma Kass Elliott & Karen had only gotten together on that sandwich they might stlll be with us today.

Yeah MY Karen always "needs a sandwich" because she's skinny, like five foot eight and 115 pounds skinny.
She is not anorexic, no eating disorders, in fact she loves ice cream and candy bars but she stays skinny.
I am trying to fatten her up.

You are wrong. Besides being an anti-spasmodic, it is very effective at relieving cravigs for alcohol. I tried it last summer & went instantly sober for months.
You are misunderstanding.
I said that neither of us REALIZED it could be used for eliminating booze cravings.
That's not arguing with you, that's telling you that you revealed something we did not know previously.

No, it's a muscle relaxer. A lot of people use it to stop recurring muscle spasms.
Karen's legs will keep her up all night long sometimes, or they USED to until she began to use pot.
The Baclofen worked simply because it just knocked her 110 pound ass clean OUT for most of the day.
No muscle spasms because "no Karen!" Zzzzzzz zzzzz ZZZZZ zzzzz.

Good God, I remember her muscle spasms waking ME up.
I'd be sound asleep and suddenly blammo, she's kicking me, only it's the muscle spasms.
Ten or twenty minutes massaging her legs (which was actually pleasurable for me anyway) and they'd calm down but then an hour later, they're back to twitching around all over again.
Instead, she can take a bong hit and.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the legs relax and off she goes to Dream Land.

Neither of us knew about the interaction with alcohol because neither of us are regular drinkers.
We do have a drink sometimes but it's a now and then thing, like maybe once every couple of months or for a special occasion.

From personal experience, baclofen is very effective in suppressing the craving for alcohol.

Facing heart surgery, I was concerned enough about the downside problems with alcohol withdrawal, I just stopped & took baclofen. I've gone that way twice & it works well enough that my PCP gave me the prescription. It's primary medical use is as an anti-spasmodic. It is not FDA approved for alcohol treatment but can be prescribed off list.

I enjoy doing 3 bags but I get a more intense hit from the bong as there is a slug of concentrate in the bowl that helps get me stoned faster. It's been 40 minutes & I'm definitely 'out there'. It's very relaxing but I will not bring it up with the MDs I will see at the end of the month.

A week after the heart operation, I walked a total of 2 miles in 4 days. Rain today.

You don't need to reply, but was the heart operation a result of taking marijuana? A friend of mine ended up with an enlarge heart as marijuana is a stumulant and causes an enlargement of the heart. He survived Piper Alpha to die from a bad hadit.

You don't need to reply, but was the heart operation a result of taking marijuana? A friend of mine ended up with an enlarge heart as marijuana is a stumulant and causes an enlargement of the heart. He survived Piper Alpha to die from a bad hadit.
I brought up MJ use with my surgeons & they had no comment about it causing the valve stenosis. Aortic valve stenosis seems to be caused by age as I have my cholesterol under control.

Cannabis does not have any affect upon the heart, and definitely is not a cause of cardiac hypertrophy (an enlarged heart).

It is not a stimulant, and it’s affects on blood pressure are not chronic and wouldn’t affect cardiac function permanently.

Yeah MY Karen always "needs a sandwich" because she's skinny, like five foot eight and 115 pounds skinny.
She is not anorexic, no eating disorders, in fact she loves ice cream and candy bars but she stays skinny.
I am trying to fatten her up.

I suggest you feed her warm protein 'shakes'. Low fat, high protein. And they feel good.

I suggest you feed her warm protein 'shakes'. Low fat, high protein. And they feel good.

I do agree, mine have always been in high demand but that might not have much to do with the shakes themselves. Annnnnnd that's enough tooting my own horn for this board :cool:
But that's not going to fatten her up.

The only thing my cardiac surgeon was against was smoking it. I now vape it exclusively as I currently have no access to edibles.

I'm still not clear on why they're ok with vaping but not smoking, unless its the carcinogens from smoking or the fact that you tend to cough more.

I'm still not clear on why they're ok with vaping but not smoking, unless its the carcinogens from smoking or the fact that you tend to cough more.

You are only inhaling cannabinoids including THC + terpenes that give pot its aroma. When smoking you are inhaling smoke which is a) hot and b) contains possible harmful chemicals.

You are only inhaling cannabinoids including THC + terpenes that give pot its aroma. When smoking you are inhaling smoke which is a) hot and b) contains possible harmful chemicals.

That's what I was thinking - the carcinogens. Didn't make much sense to me otherwise.

Cannabis does not have any affect upon the heart, and definitely is not a cause of cardiac hypertrophy (an enlarged heart).

It is not a stimulant, and it’s affects on blood pressure are not chronic and wouldn’t affect cardiac function permanently.
With respect, I don't have your predilection, or needs to use drugs. If one looks, one can find the answers, to left ventricular, problems, you by your default settings aren't interested in the answers. No point me even attempting to enlighten you. Knock yourself out, your going to anyway!
I was taught to be a man, and to stand on ones own feet. When I was a baby, I may, I don't know, might of needed a soother, or a dummy, but since being an adult, I find my humanity, my pride, truth honour morality suffices any needs. Drugs not required, or dependant, not ever!

With respect, I don't have your predilection, or needs to use drugs. If one looks, one can find the answers, to left ventricular, problems, you by your default settings aren't interested in the answers. No point me even attempting to enlighten you. Knock yourself out, your going to anyway!
I was taught to be a man, and to stand on ones own feet. When I was a baby, I may, I don't know, might of needed a soother, or a dummy, but since being an adult, I find my humanity, my pride, truth honour morality suffices any needs. Drugs not required, or dependant, not ever!

Highlanders,

Your response doesn't seem the address the post you quoted.

Have you evidence marijuana damages a heart?

You're quite the character, aren't you. Legend in your own mind by any chance? :p

I called the nearest dispensary & got a warm reception. I was surprised to learn that they use a contactless payment method through a company called CanPay. I spent the better part of the afternoon downloading & installing this app on my tablet. You tap their icon on your tablet or Smart Phone & a Purchase PIN number appears along with a QR code. You flash that at their terminal & the money is transferred to them from your checking account. No bothersome trips to the ATM to get cash.

I was surprised at this service, which they call a debit, as Federal law prohibits bank & credit card companies from handling pot transaction money. Somehow this system gets around that.
They get around it by not being FDIC insured, which to you just means if they close down they can take your money with them and there's nothing you can do about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a number of stipulations in their business model such as only operating in PA and only dealing with PA residents. Just limit how much you put in that account and you're good.

They get around it by not being FDIC insured, which to you just means if they close down they can take your money with them and there's nothing you can do about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a number of stipulations in their business model such as only operating in PA and only dealing with PA residents. Just limit how much you put in that account and you're good.

My dispensary is part of a big chain & I was happily surprised at how clean & efficient their operation is. And for the first time in many years I walked out carrying a 4lb bag of 100% legal pot.

As far as CanPay I saw a map of the country where it is accepted in quite a few states.

I would not expect either operation to be a threat.

And for the first time in many years I walked out carrying a 4lb bag of 100% legal pot.
I think it's important to understand that pot is still 100% *illegal* federaly. While you may not get into trouble in PA, be sure not to cross state lines with your pot or buy/own a firearm.

My dispensary is part of a big chain & I was happily surprised at how clean & efficient their operation is. And for the first time in many years I walked out carrying a 4lb bag of 100% legal pot.

As far as CanPay I saw a map of the country where it is accepted in quite a few states.

I would not expect either operation to be a threat.
How sad!

Back
Top Bottom