• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Signed up for my Medical Marijuana card

My POAX2 vaporizer is en route. I probably won't spend the money needed to put together an edible setup.
Easy on the vaping or you'll cough a lung out. I had a great one years ago. I could set it at 330 and it would produce a thick cloud of vapor in the bag, it was wicked.

It's been some years since I smoked pot & have no idea how strong the flowers they sell are. Did not want to get into possible trouble with concentrates until I learn some more. I want to try several varieties in order to select a favorite.

I also went to my pharmacy & picked up 30 days worth of baclofen & Xanax, which I use to get back to sleep after I get up to urinate in the middle of the night. Hint about baclofen: it has a shelf life & I store my bottle in the freezer with my bottle of vodka.

Just take little hits or eat tiny bites at first.
For me, personally, I would choose pot in a hot second over Xanax or most other prescription drugs.
Believe me, between Karen and myself we have so many medications that we found an old 50 inch tall white metal hospital medicine cabinet (it even has the old Red Cross etched into the glass panes!) and pressed it into service in the master bedroom, right next to Karen's Hill-Rom hospital bed.

So it's not like we reject pharmaceuticals, but we've learned a lot about how they work! Gobsmacked.gif

Just take little hits or eat tiny bites at first.
For me, personally, I would choose pot in a hot second over Xanax or most other prescription drugs.
Believe me, between Karen and myself we have so many medications that we found an old 50 inch tall white metal hospital medicine cabinet (it even has the old Red Cross etched into the glass panes!) and pressed it into service in the master bedroom, right next to Karen's Hill-Rom hospital bed.

So it's not like we reject pharmaceuticals, but we've learned a lot about how they work! View attachment 67300173
I will try the PAX2 but I also ordered ZigZag 70mm papers & a ZigZag 70mm rolling machine just to try. I haven't rolled a joint in at least 20 years. I'll keep roaches in empty pill bottles.

New addition to my dispensary product line:

Lemon Dog Cookies
Agri-KindWax

DETAILS
THC 80.19%

I was thinking about whipping up a big batch of cookie dough with some of this blended in. Instant cookie edible. Can't believe the THC %!

See

Easy on the vaping or you'll cough a lung out. I had a great one years ago. I could set it at 330 and it would produce a thick cloud of vapor in the bag, it was wicked.
Bag? Please explain.

My POAX2 vaporizer is en route. I probably won't spend the money needed to put together an edible setup.

The post office is alive and well in CO and NJ, at least - my vaporizer is out for delivery today. I hope its a good one.

The post office is alive and well in CO and NJ, at least - my vaporizer is out for delivery today. I hope its a good one.
I'm looking at volcano bag vaporizers which are expensive & the listings are confusing.

I'm looking at volcano bag vaporizers which are expensive & the listings are confusing.

I've never used one, but I think it would be a waste for me. After all, I only ever take one hit. And, I like portable.

I'm looking at the Aritzer EQ for $169. Gets great reviews, if you can believe them. Intended for flowers but you an use concentrates with cotton or steel wool.

The advantage to me is taking a cool hit from the bag is less of a strain on my future heart valve replacement vs. a hit from a bong or a joint. One bag full should be 6 or more mild hits to get really ripped.

I want to use it to get off booze & to help with sleep. Waking up at 3AM to pee & then taking a hit from the bag sounds doable.

One of the advantages to this unit is that it comes with a plug-in-the-wall power adapter. Most others seem to have mini-USB plug power plugs & I don't have any spare USB plugs on my Dell.

Last edited:
Expensive. Cheapest I saw was $279. But I like the bag approach.
I'm not sure a real volcano can be gotten for 279. It's one of those products that is regularly copied. I have a portable one called a crafty.

I'm looking at the Aritzer EQ for $169. Gets great reviews, if you can believe them. Intended for flowers but you an use concentrates with cotton or steel wool.

The advantage to me is taking a cool hit from the bag is less of a strain on my future heart valve replacement vs. a hit from a bong or a joint. One bag full should be 6 or more mild hits to get really ripped.

I want to use it to get off booze & to help with sleep. Waking up at 3AM to pee & then taking a hit from the bag sounds doable.

One of the advantages to this unit is that it comes with a plug-in-the-wall power adapter. Most others seem to have mini-USB plug power plugs & I don't have any spare USB plugs on my Dell.

Yeah, that all makes sense.

I've never used one, but I think it would be a waste for me. After all, I only ever take one hit. And, I like portable.
I placed my order for the Arizer EQ just now. The vapor in the bag should be cooler than a hit from a bong or a drag from a joint. I have a bong & papers also.

The PA DOH says my card was mailed on Tues so I should have it soon. Can't wait tocheck out thedispensary.

I placed my order for the Arizer EQ just now. The vapor in the bag should be cooler than a hit from a bong or a drag from a joint. I have a bong & papers also.

The PA DOH says my card was mailed on Tues so I should have it soon. Can't wait tocheck out thedispensary.
if they offer 'chief keef' try some ... but only if you want to get wasted

if they offer 'chief keef' try some ... but only if you want to get wasted
They list 139 products, from flowers to extracts to concentrates. Have not had time to go through them all but thanks for the tip.

I want to keep the amount I inhale to a minimum so I'm interest in the ones that have >75% THC content. Knock me on my ass with one hit.

I have to say after all the years weed was illegal, and taking into consideration that buying weed was just slightly less enticing because it is now legal......it took a good year and a half for the fun of going to different dispensaries to see what they had wore off. ;)

I haven't gotten my MM card yet so I called their office. The recording said to allow up to 21 days. Since my card was issued on 10/10, that's this coming Saturday the 31st.

Following my heart surgeon's advice, I'm giving up smoking pot as of tonight, switching to home-made edibles.

I just investigated recipes for making MJ brownies & they all seem to call for 14 grams of weed to make 8-9 servings from a box of Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix. I just decarboxylated 14 grams of one of the weed strains I have on hand (240 degrees for 40 minutes). Next step is extracting the THC from the decarboxylated plant material for 4-6 hours into cooking oil in a crockpot. My wife will be picking up a couple of boxes of the brownie mix & a bottle of oil tomorrow. I also asked her lo look for empty bottles with screw caps to store the cannabioil in.

I started the oil extraction this noon time. Fourteen grams for decarboxylated flower in 1 1/4 cups of vegatible oil in crock pot on low for 4 hours.

The chemistry is a simple extraction: THC is soluble in oil, so this procedure extracts the THC from the decarboxylated plant material into the oil, which is stored in an airtight glass container for use in making brownies & the like.

The Betty Crocker brownie recipe calls for only 1/3 cup of oil, so this amount of cannabis oil should make about 3-4 lots of brownies. Fourteen grams of weed is far more than I would smoke in an evening so there should be no problem with potency. This is all cut & try today so hopefully I'll know more about how it turned out tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Fourteen grams of weed is far more than I would smoke in an evening so there should be no problem with potency.

I would hope! That's like half an ounce. ;)

Did your doctor tell you why its ok to use edibles but not to smoke? Is it just that the effects of smoking are so immediate and that's not good for the heart, and it takes longer for edibles to take effect? I'm very curious as to why weed is ok, just not smoking it.

Back
Top Bottom