• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Signature restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly Adams

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I have nothing against signature lines. I read them, occasionally. I have one myself. There is, however, at least one user here whose signature frequently takes up at least twice as much space as the content they post. It's annoying. Are there rules about when a signature becomes spam? Could there be? Please don't just tell me to disable signatures. I don't want to do that just because one person has signature diarrhea.

I just consider stuff like this to be excessive and distracting from actual content:
Untitled.jpg

Yes, that's an actual example, and I'm being generous with the "content" block because there was at least as much quoting as new text.

Last edited:
This is why I have sigs turned off.

I have nothing against signature lines. I read them, occasionally. I have one myself. There is, however, at least one user here whose signature frequently takes up at least twice as much space as the content they post. It's annoying. Are there rules about when a signature becomes spam? Could there be? Please don't just tell me to disable signatures. I don't want to do that just because one person has signature diarrhea.

I just consider stuff like this to be excessive and distracting from actual content:
View attachment 67285581

Yes, that's an actual example, and I'm being generous with the "content" block because there was at least as much quoting as new text.

I'm guessing any response will be "so ignore that one person." It'd be nice to have an ignore signature by poster option, but I'd also bet they can't add it or that it wouldn't be worth the effort if they could.

I'm guessing any response will be "so ignore that one person." It'd be nice to have an ignore signature by poster option, but I'd also bet they can't add it or that it wouldn't be worth the effort if they could.
That would be nice. The next most reasonable option would be to make a rule stating that signatures cannot be so long or "loud" as to disrupt the flow of the page. It's subjective, yes, but it's my first try.

So, do mods/admins read/respond to these threads or is this the forum equivalent of the "Close Door" button on an elevator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom