• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sign Of Things To Come For The Grand Ol' Party

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Zookeeper Friedrich Riesfeldt ( Paderborn , Germany ) fed his constipated elephant 22 doses of animal laxative and more than a
bushel of berries, figs and prunes before the plugged-up pachyderm finally got relief. Investigators say ill-fated Friedrich, 46, was
attempting to give the ailing elephant an olive oil enema when the relieved beast unloaded. The sheer force of the elephant's unexpected
defecation knocked Mr. Riesfeldt to the ground where he struck his head on a rock as the elephant continued to evacuate 200 pounds of
dung on top of him.

Zookeeper Friedrich Riesfeldt ( Paderborn , Germany ) fed his constipated elephant 22 doses of animal laxative and more than a
bushel of berries, figs and prunes before the plugged-up pachyderm finally got relief. Investigators say ill-fated Friedrich, 46, was
attempting to give the ailing elephant an olive oil enema when the relieved beast unloaded. The sheer force of the elephant's unexpected
defecation knocked Mr. Riesfeldt to the ground where he struck his head on a rock as the elephant continued to evacuate 200 pounds of
dung on top of him.

What the ****??

Let me guess, the zoo keeper was a Liberal and the elephant got constipated from being fed a constant source of insane rhetoric?

Or your wife just left you...dumped on!

Let me guess, the zoo keeper was a Liberal and the elephant got constipated from being fed a constant source of insane rhetoric?

Or your wife just left you...dumped on!

I just wanted a little self satisfaction that this is a right wing rag and that the Republicans will keep on losing elections. Thanks

I just wanted a little self satisfaction that this is a right wing rag and that the Republicans will keep on losing elections. Thanks

DP is a right wing rag?

Oh and I wouldn't get to comfortable for your parties chances in the near future.. I see nothing that tells me they stay in power.

DP is a right wing rag?

Oh and I wouldn't get to comfortable for your parties chances in the near future.. I see nothing that tells me they stay in power.
I think it's "party's chances"

'Course I just have a high school education and I worked 40 hours a week during my junior and senior years.

I think it's "party's chances"

'Course I just have a high school education and I worked 40 hours a week during my junior and senior years.

Good catch.

I also worked from 7th through 12th grade (ful time in the summer) repairing electronics in my grandfather's business.

Wish I would have stayed in that field.

But seriously Campbell, you don't need to post inane vanities to get noticed around here.

Elephant dung makes the freaky rightwing memes coming out of the GOP rightwing noise machine seem like the thoughts of Pericles by comparison.

Conservatism has no future.

Good catch.

I also worked from 7th through 12th grade (ful time in the summer) repairing electronics in my grandfather's business.

Wish I would have stayed in that field.

But seriously Campbell, you don't need to post inane vanities to get noticed around here.

Whatever it takes. I was born in 1934 and that's what I've been doing all my life.

Well, you're too old to still be a Liberal. Spread your wings and fly.

I voted for Eisenhower, Goldwater, Nixon three times...even Reagan once. When I saw the party change from one of balanced budgets, small government, individual liberty etc. to one who continuously cut taxes for the rich and powerful while borrowing trillions from foreign banks to cover the shortfall I didn't go to the polls in the presidential elections for twenty years. Now I vote against Republicans. At my age it's easy for me to say I'll never vote for them again.

"Trickle Down" didn't work unless you mean yellow urine sprinkling down the working man's back.

I voted for Eisenhower, Goldwater, Nixon three times...even Reagan once. When I saw the party change from one of balanced budgets, small government, individual liberty etc. to one who continuously cut taxes for the rich and powerful while borrowing trillions from foreign banks to cover the shortfall I didn't go to the polls in the presidential elections for twenty years. Now I vote against Republicans. At my age it's easy for me to say I'll never vote for them again.

"Trickle Down" didn't work unless you mean yellow urine sprinkling down the working man's back.

I don't believe either party is innocent in that regard.

Congress is the major villain here.

I don't believe either party is innocent in that regard.

Congress is the major villain here.

When the Republican party cut taxes for the richest people in the country, continued to spend like a drunken sailor and took on $3 trillion of new debt between 1981-1993 that's all I needed. The party is screwed up and the sad thing is that they don't even realize that they're in self destruct mode. They live in a Fox News bubble and it's like they don't have a clue what it's like to be ordinary. A perfect example of what I'm talking about is when Romney advised young people to borrow $20,000 from their parents to start a business. Are you ****tin' me? In my state a third of the four person families make less than $30,000 a year. That made all of us better understand his remarks to the high dollar supporters which declared that he didn't worry about the 47%.

Last edited:
When the Republican party cut taxes for the richest people in the country, continued to spend like a drunken sailor and took on $3 trillion of new debt between 1981-1993 that's all I needed. The party is screwed up and the sad thing is that they don't even realize that they're in self destruct mode. They live in a Fox News bubble and it's like they don't have a clue what it's like to be ordinary. A perfect example of what I'm talking about is when Romney advised young people to borrow $20,000 from their parents to start a business. Are you ****tin' me? In my state a third of the four person families make less than $30,000 a year. That made all of us better understand his remarks to the high dollar supporters which declared that he didn't worry about the 47%.

What are the latest spending numbers since Obama took office....nearly 6 trillion?

Yep...

It didn't take Campbell long to turn a useless thread into a chance for him to tell his life story...again.

What are the latest spending numbers since Obama took office....nearly 6 trillion?

Obama assumed an annual interest payment of nearly half a trillion dollars. Cut out a war or two and you can make a big difference in growth in spending...not that a Republican ever saw a war they didn't like:

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

Last edited:

Yep.

As long as republicans run as liberal light, they will lose.

Yep.

The extreme right wing T Baggers have ruined the Republican party and the sad thing is Republicans and Fox News don't even realize it. If they want to do something heroic and noticeable they should cut defense spending about $200 billion a year and start funding education and vocational training for the poor. Don't hold your breath....they've been shooting for a Lord/Serf society in America ever since Reagan.

Yep.

How do you figure that?

People who consider themselves as slightly conservative, conservative, or very conservative are actually the voting blocks that are most likely to turn out at the polls. If republicans run on a more conservative platform, they are unlikely to gain many more of the conservative or very conservative vote as they already have nearly 100% of it. However, if they did that, they would lose a lot of voters who consider themselves "slightly conservative", and those votes would obviously go to the democratic party as less than two percent of our electorate votes for third parties.

A further shift to the right would absolutely kill the republican party, and could possibly create a vacuum in the middle, allowing a moderate or centrist party to become viable.

How do you figure that?

People who consider themselves as slightly conservative, conservative, or very conservative are actually the voting blocks that are most likely to turn out at the polls. If republicans run on a more conservative platform, they are unlikely to gain many more of the conservative or very conservative vote as they already have nearly 100% of it. However, if they did that, they would lose a lot of voters who consider themselves "slightly conservative", and those votes would obviously go to the democratic party as less than two percent of our electorate votes for third parties.

A further shift to the right would absolutely kill the republican party, and could possibly create a vacuum in the middle, allowing a moderate or centrist party to become viable.

Exactly. Republicans hold their base....which is about a third of the electorate. That's why Fox News ratings are high.....that's the only network the 1/3 watch or listen to. As long as they keep alienating women, young people, Latinos, Blacks, Gays, etc. they will never win another national election. Romney won two demographics...white men and voters over 65. That's why they've lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections.

Exactly. Republicans hold their base....which is about a third of the electorate. That's why Fox News ratings are high.....that's the only network the 1/3 watch or listen to. As long as they keep alienating women, young people, Latinos, Blacks, Gays, etc. they will never win another national election. Romney won two demographics...white men and voters over 65. That's why they've lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections.

LOL!!

You really don't understand the American People, do you?

Fox News has nothing to do with anything...and the GOP hasn't alienated anybody. No...it's all about perception...and about which Party can manipulate the American people into perceiving things the way they want. The GOP's problem is they are not very good at manipulating the people. They tend to lay out the facts and let people make up their own minds. The Democrats, on the other hand, tend to stay away from facts and use spin and lies to influence people. You know...marketing. The American people have been so conditioned to respond to marketing...and to not rely on their own ability to make up their own minds...that the lying, manipulating Democrats have the advantage.

Heck, Campbell...if you gave an honest look at the last Presidential election, you would see that is the truth.

Romney did nothing but lay out facts. The people weren't interested in facts. It made them have to think too much.

Obama avoided facts. He used innuendo, he spun perceptions...heck, he...or his surrogates...outright lied. But he sold a package to the American people that they wanted to hear. He allowed them to not have to think...to decide. He won.

shrug...

Campbell...it is really just that simple.

LOL!!

You really don't understand the American People, do you?

Fox News has nothing to do with anything...and the GOP hasn't alienated anybody. No...it's all about perception...and about which Party can manipulate the American people into perceiving things the way they want. The GOP's problem is they are not very good at manipulating the people. They tend to lay out the facts and let people make up their own minds. The Democrats, on the other hand, tend to stay away from facts and use spin and lies to influence people. You know...marketing. The American people have been so conditioned to respond to marketing...and to not rely on their own ability to make up their own minds...that the lying, manipulating Democrats have the advantage.

Heck, Campbell...if you gave an honest look at the last Presidential election, you would see that is the truth.

Romney did nothing but lay out facts. The people weren't interested in facts. It made them have to think too much.

Obama avoided facts. He used innuendo, he spun perceptions...heck, he...or his surrogates...outright lied. But he sold a package to the American people that they wanted to hear. He allowed them to not have to think...to decide. He won.

shrug...

Campbell...it is really just that simple.

The problem with Fox News and the Right Wing too is that they latch onto lies and tell them twenty times a day. They need to realize that an idiot continues to do the same thing while expecting different results. They tell their own version of everything from the deficit spending of this administration to who told the Republican in the Cincinnati office of the IRS to chase the conservative fund raisers. I heard them tell this **** no less than a dozen times. Imus In The Morning is the only program on Fox where you occasionally hear the truth.

Roger Ailes even lies when he staffs his programs. He puts ugly, or ignorant fat people like Heraldo, Alan Colmes, Bob Beckel on to occasionally debate from the Democrat side and the people around them are beautiful or handsome people who make them look like Ned in the primer. "The Five" is the most exaggerated example of this.....Fat Assed Beckel on there with beautiful or handsome lying assed Right Wing nuts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom