• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sigh! Trump now to blame for the coming recession?

These America hating globalists hated Trump.
As far as I'm concerned, they can shove their offshore slave labor factories up their posteriors.
They (their money) may very likely be the source of the sewage river of anti-Trump lies he had to deal with during his presidency.
I don't why I bother responding to these comments that are literally so stupid I can't believe Trumpers keep on claiming it. People that loathed Trump hated America? How many of those Trump hating Americans attacked our Capitol in an effort to thwart certification of votes for a president? And what exactly is the supposed motivation of the millions of Americans who loathe Trump to also loathe America? Globalism? What the hell does that even mean other some stupid term you folks parrot. How can so many of us be globalists when we don't even know what the hell it actually means.

I don't why I bother responding to these comments that are literally so stupid I can't believe Trumpers keep on claiming it. People that loathed Trump hated America? How many of those Trump hating Americans attacked our Capitol in an effort to thwart certification of votes for a president? And what exactly is the supposed motivation of the millions of Americans who loathe Trump to also loathe America? Globalism? What the hell does that even mean other some stupid term you folks parrot. How can so many of us be globalists when we don't even know what the hell it actually means.
Production of entire American industries have been off shored. Leaving many Americans no option other than low pay service jobs. Enjoy your Chinese made crap.

Trump created over 300,000 manufacturing jobs in the first 30 months of his presidency.

Joe? Created inflation.
No, businesses created those jobs. Stop hating on American businesses.

It's bizarre how easily these "globalist-hating" people go all-in on a globalist like Trump. It appears rather easy to pull wool over their eyes. They'll spend the day buying and wearing made-in-China MAGA merch while decrying the outsourcing of jobs to China. I don't think it's hypocrisy because as you said, they genuinely don't seem to understand what the term means. It's just another soundbite like "deep state" and "establishment" and "communist" that gets them worked up.

No, businesses created those jobs. Stop hating on American businesses.
Is a business with offshore manufacturing an American business, or a multi-national business?

It's bizarre how easily these "globalist-hating" people go all-in on a globalist like Trump. It appears rather easy to pull wool over their eyes. They'll spend the day buying and wearing made-in-China MAGA merch while decrying the outsourcing of jobs to China. I don't think it's hypocrisy because as you said, they genuinely don't seem to understand what the term means. It's just another soundbite like "deep state" and "establishment" and "communist" that gets them worked up.
The people that run Nike shoes are globalists. Apple computer is run by globalists. Multi-national corporations dont particularly care about the welfare of American workers.
These people were scared by Trump's "America First" policies.

Do you remember the shortage of medical supplies at the start of the pandemic? It was all made in China.

Is a business with offshore manufacturing an American business, or a multi-national business?
Yeah yeah I get it, you think businesses can't do anything without government help.

This is the one thing that Trump people and Bernie people agreed on.

The people that run Nike shoes are globalists. Apple computer is run by globalists. Multi-national corporations dont particularly care about the welfare of American workers.
These people were scared by Trump's "America First" policies.

Do you remember the shortage of medical supplies at the start of the pandemic? It was all made in China.
Trump's America First? Hahahaha, another conned-by-Trump person surfaces.

image_2022-04-20_143838544.png

I was watching Bloomberg TV this morning and they had a guest analyst on (didn't get his name) that stated that without a shadow of a doubt that the upcoming recession (due to arrive either later this year or next year) was caused by Trump's Trade War.

I tried to find some recent article that supports that statement but I was unable to do so. Nonetheless, I did find a couple of articles from 2020 and 2019 that do talk about the subject

I do know that recessions are not something that happens overnight. There is usually some "root" cause that gets the ball rolling and sometime over the next couple of years, lo and behold a recession is occurring.

There are certainly established guidelines that talk about the repercussions of trade wars that makes the scenario highly probable. Here is one such example of what Trump's trade war actually did to our economy:

How has trade war affected US economy?

Our trade war escalation and decoupling scenario sees the US economy produce $1.6 trillion less in real GDP terms over the next five years and results in 732,000 fewer jobs in 2022 and 320,000 fewer jobs in 2025.

As such, it can now be safely stated and assumed that Trump's Trade War was a huge miscalculation (mistake) made by our former president.

Trump's trade war was a total flop - Yahoo Finance

So Putin is off the hook.

I suppose this will supply a rationale for 'plausible deniability' for the Dems.
Biden has blamed trump, and putin, and even recently abbot for inflation. Problem is he is the potus, he has far more influence than anyone on this issue, and has gone from blaming people to it is fixed to i can not see a problem back to blaiming other people.

Look at fdr, fdr screwed up quite a bit, yet was a very beloved president, why is that? Well fdr was willing to lead, willing to admit he screwed up, and did everything in his power to recover the country even if they did not work. The average working person would rather have a president who admits there is a problem and tackles it rather than one who pretends it is not his fault and he needs to do nothing about it.

Fdr had programs to help the poor, had the federal govt design food types to aid those suffering my creating food recipes even the poorest could afford and still meet nutritional value, and even everything he did bad he was never blaming everyone else and refusing to adress the problem, he was vocal at fixing the problem and communicating with the american people.

By comparison biden has mostly blamed everyone but himself, and nearly refused to do anything about inflation or supply issues, claiming things like they are transitory or they do not exist because he had no problem shopping at a mall for billionaires and they were fully stocked so every store must be as well.

These America hating globalists hated Trump.
As far as I'm concerned, they can shove their offshore slave labor factories up their posteriors.
They (their money) may very likely be the source of the sewage river of anti-Trump lies he had to deal with during his presidency.
His very existence is offensive. If he had any manners he would crawl under some rock and just stay there

His very existence is offensive. If he had any manners he would crawl under some rock and just stay there
I agree. If he weren't born rich he would have been sitting in some jail for at least a decade.

Trade wars are bad. Biden should eliminate as many tariffs as he can by executive order, and he should certainly stop creating new tariffs. And Congress should repeal tariffs too.

But speaking with any certainty about a "coming recession" is a fool's errand. My prior is that there's about a 10-15% chance of a recession in any given year, and actual economic conditions rarely cause me to modify that probability upwards or downwards. There are just too many factors to time the markets like that.

Trade wars are bad. Biden should eliminate as many tariffs as he can by executive order, and he should certainly stop creating new tariffs. And Congress should repeal tariffs too.

But speaking with any certainty about a "coming recession" is a fool's errand. My prior is that there's about a 10-15% chance of a recession in any given year, and actual economic conditions rarely cause me to modify that probability upwards or downwards. There are just too many factors to time the markets like that.
I considered Trump's trade wars grandstanding and pointless because he had to subsidize farmers for their financial losses.

It was stupid but it didn't cause the recession.

I was watching Bloomberg TV this morning and they had a guest analyst on (didn't get his name) that stated that without a shadow of a doubt that the upcoming recession (due to arrive either later this year or next year) was caused by Trump's Trade War.

I tried to find some recent article that supports that statement but I was unable to do so. Nonetheless, I did find a couple of articles from 2020 and 2019 that do talk about the subject

I do know that recessions are not something that happens overnight. There is usually some "root" cause that gets the ball rolling and sometime over the next couple of years, lo and behold a recession is occurring.

There are certainly established guidelines that talk about the repercussions of trade wars that makes the scenario highly probable. Here is one such example of what Trump's trade war actually did to our economy:

How has trade war affected US economy?

Our trade war escalation and decoupling scenario sees the US economy produce $1.6 trillion less in real GDP terms over the next five years and results in 732,000 fewer jobs in 2022 and 320,000 fewer jobs in 2025.

As such, it can now be safely stated and assumed that Trump's Trade War was a huge miscalculation (mistake) made by our former president.

Trump's trade war was a total flop - Yahoo Finance

1650544541833.png

Back
Top Bottom