• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shutdown: Americans prefer zombies, hemorrhoids, IRS to Congress

Summerwind

Hot Flash Mama
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
[h=1]Shutdown: Americans prefer zombies, hemorrhoids, IRS to Congress [/h]By Robin Abcarian October 8, 2013, 9:47 a.m

At this point, the polls are pretty consistent: Americans are angry about the budget and shutdown shenanigans in Washington, but they’re angrier at Republicans than they are at Democrats. Which should tell you something about who is really to blame for this mess.

But Public Policy Polling took things a step further, asking people whether they preferred Congress to a series of ailments, celebrities, serial killers and oft-loathed government agencies. Here's what the polling group found:

Americans currently have a higher opinion of witches (46/32), jury duty (73/18) and hemorrhoids (53/31) than Congress. Republicans seem much more accepting of Congress over hemorrhoids compared to other voters -- 41% favored Congress more than the diseases, as opposed to only 25% of Democrats and 27% of Independents.
Even government institutions like the DMV and the IRS are seen as more favorable than Congress currently, at 58/24 and 42/33 respectively. Almost twice as many Republicans still support Congress over the IRS (48/25), while only 23% of Democrats do (23/59).

(snip)

It's worth a further reading into the article. Turns out there are a few things less popular than Congress right now. ROFL.

Zombies? Well, the House Republicans do seem to be moving, very slowly, without brains or feeling.

Hemorrhoids? Well, the House Republicans are a pain in the rear.

The IRS? I'm not sure the Teabags can spell IRS.

zombies? Well, the house republicans do seem to be moving, very slowly, without brains or feeling.

Hemorrhoids? Well, the house republicans are a pain in the rear.

The irs? I'm not sure the teabags can spell irs.

rofl!

I think a lot of us hope for zombies. Who honestly doesn't have a zombie plan for their family? My wife and I had a zombie invasion plan before we had a if the power goes out for a week plan.

Back
Top Bottom