• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

shower wars, I won

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Recently I started a thread called shower wars and posted a pic of my wife's fancy shower. We were arguing over the spare bath shower and I won HA!!! Yes that is a garden hose and a sprinkler, it goes directly to the on demand hot water heater which I set at the right temp before showering. Ten bucks for the shower stall at a garage sale, hose and sprinkler were extra, works for me.:) 003.JPG

Recently I started a thread called shower wars and posted a pic of my wife's fancy shower. We were arguing over the spare bath shower and I won HA!!! Yes that is a garden hose and a sprinkler, it goes directly to the on demand hot water heater which I set at the right temp before showering. Ten bucks for the shower stall at a garage sale, hose and sprinkler were extra, works for me.:) View attachment 67153912

:lamo

Well its cheap, and I guess it works for you and your wife don't mind, so yea its a win.

:2razz:

th

Recently I started a thread called shower wars and posted a pic of my wife's fancy shower. We were arguing over the spare bath shower and I won HA!!! Yes that is a garden hose and a sprinkler, it goes directly to the on demand hot water heater which I set at the right temp before showering. Ten bucks for the shower stall at a garage sale, hose and sprinkler were extra, works for me.:) View attachment 67153912

I bet that shower will have a lot more force than a lot of shower heads you can buy.

When my husband and I built our house, there were many disagreements on how it should be done. We basically split things 50-50. I got certain rooms to do my way, and he did the others his way. He textured the walls and ceiling in his rooms, and I did in mine. I did my laundry and sewing room, and he did his workshop. Be glad that you have a wife to disagree with. I'd give a lot to still have my husband to be at odds with.

Actually it works GREAT! Lots of water and lots of pressure too. Much better than my wife's $150.00 rain shower head.

I'm a huge fan of recycling building materials, and would use that shower stall in a heartbeat. The garden hose? Umm, prolly not. I'm a middle-of-the-road-gal. :lol:

Next Up--Sawyer installs a bidet in that bathroom:

bidet.jpg

:2rofll:

Actually it works GREAT! Lots of water and lots of pressure too. Much better than my wife's $150.00 rain shower head.

You can make your wife's rain shower work better.Many new shower heads have a flow restricted. Many of them can easily be removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlklQH85Hec
How to Remove Water Restrictors in Showerheads | Home Guides | SF Gate
How to Remove the Flow Restrictor in a Shower Head | eHow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vE4EaBrJ1I

I once made a hot tub out of a stand up swimming pool and a sears 3.5 hp outboard motor. Worked great. My wife was not enthusiastic. I guess it lacked a certain savoir faire. It did have a little oil here and there frothing around. But then, women generally add some kind of oil crap to the water anyway, so what's a little straight 30 weight in the mix? I negotiated a settlement in the fall that year just to avoid a heinous Hot Tub War. Besides, I needed the motor for fishing.

A couple of years ago, I discovered that the restrictors were present in my own shower, and I had wondered why the water volume always seems so low, when in the rest of the house it's just fine. Easiest fix I've ever seen, and saved me a bunch on buying a new faucet or calling out a plumber to check things out.

I once made a hot tub out of a stand up swimming pool and a sears 3.5 hp outboard motor. Worked great. My wife was not enthusiastic. I guess it lacked a certain savoir faire. It did have a little oil here and there frothing around. But then, women generally add some kind of oil crap to the water anyway, so what's a little straight 30 weight in the mix? I negotiated a settlement in the fall that year just to avoid a heinous Hot Tub War. Besides, I needed the motor for fishing.

Where in the hell did you find a 3.5 hp? :lol:

Where in the hell did you find a 3.5 hp? :lol:
It was an old - ancient really, Sears painted OD green. Ran great. I bought it at a yard sale to benefit the Boy Scouts. Gave it to a friend when I got a new one. It's still running just as good as ever, according to the last report.

It was an old - ancient really, Sears painted OD green. Ran great. I bought it at a yard sale to benefit the Boy Scouts. Gave it to a friend when I got a new one. It's still running just as good as ever, according to the last report.

Those old outboard motors are pretty cool, and I know of a few personally that are still running after being 50 or 60 years old, with good maintenance and occasional repairs.

Those old outboard motors are pretty cool, and I know of a few personally that are still running after being 50 or 60 years old, with good maintenance and occasional repairs.
This was, or probably still is, a very cool engine. I have had more than few small horsepower outboard engines for my for my dingy and small fishing boats. I used to sail a lot.

Back
Top Bottom