• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Showdown in the park. School District attempts to stop Christain lunches.... .

You said it was what you have heard before, from atheists, etc.

It is... So what? I did not say anything about you or the protestors. Please don't put words in my mouth.

What the other students are is very relevant to how they feel about Christians/Christianity in general and the contentions that this is all about trying to attack Christianity. If many of those protesting are Christians, then it isn't likely that they are trying to attack Christianity.

Because people including Christians... are idiots. That simple. Anyone can be convinced something is wrong if enough people start screaming about it real or imagined.

Fact: What the people are doing is perfectly legal.
Fact: No one is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to go.
Fact: The school needs to STFU and worry about teaching.

It is... So what? I did not say anything about you or the protestors. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Because people including Christians... are idiots. That simple. Anyone can be convinced something is wrong if enough people start screaming about it real or imagined.

Fact: What the people are doing is perfectly legal.
Fact: No one is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to go.
Fact: The school needs to STFU and worry about teaching.

The only one of those three that is a "fact" is the middle one but it is irrelevant to the actual situation.

The only one of those three that is a "fact" is the middle one but it is irrelevant to the actual situation.

Please note the law they are breaking. If they are why are they not being arrested? So you disagree that the school needs to STFU and start teaching? Interesting.

Please note the law they are breaking. If they are why are they not being arrested? So you disagree that the school needs to STFU and start teaching? Interesting.

I noted already the federal ordinance that is in contention and does not lead to any sort of arrest. It is a civil matter, although it could be sent to federal court.

I noted already the federal ordinance that is in contention and does not lead to any sort of arrest. It is a civil matter, although it could be sent to federal court.

No it's not. There is no law that says they cannot give lunch in a public park to those who want it. If there was, it would have already been done considering all the hubbub.

No it's not. There is no law that says they cannot give lunch in a public park to those who want it. If there was, it would have already been done considering all the hubbub.

There is a federal policy (not sure the right word at the moment) which says student groups cannot involve outside adults. This is a group of students with a theme but being run by Christian mothers during the school day. There is definitely some legal issues there that need to be resolved.

There is a federal policy (not sure the right word at the moment) which says student groups cannot involve outside adults. This is a group of students with a theme but being run by Christian mothers during the school day. There is definitely some legal issues there that need to be resolved.

This is NOT a student group. It was not formed or maintained by students. End of story. You are really reaching Rogue.

This is NOT a student group. It was not formed or maintained by students. End of story. You are really reaching Rogue.

It is specifically for students. The main problem is that it isn't formed or maintained by students but is for students, during school hours.

It is specifically for students. The main problem is that it isn't formed or maintained by students but is for students, during school hours.

Irrelevant... they did not start it, nor do the students maintain it. Hence the Federal law does not apply.

Your words...

"student groups cannot involve outside adults. This is a group of students with a theme but being run by Christian mothers during the school day. - roguenuke

If you are going to switch back and forth between irrelevant arguments about a law that is not in anyway being broken...

#1 It is not a student group sanctioned by anyone nor does it have a theme created by the students. It is a random group of students.
#2 It is an open campus so at lunch the students can do or go where they please. So during school hours does again not apply.

You have no argument here no matter how much you emotionally feel it's wrong.

Irrelevant... they did not start it, nor do the students maintain it. Hence the Federal law does not apply.

Your words...

"student groups cannot involve outside adults. This is a group of students with a theme but being run by Christian mothers during the school day. - roguenuke

If you are going to switch back and forth between irrelevant arguments about a law that is not in anyway being broken...

#1 It is not a student group sanctioned by anyone nor does it have a theme created by the students. It is a random group of students.
#2 It is an open campus so at lunch the students can do or go where they please. So during school hours does again not apply.

You have no argument here no matter how much you emotionally feel it's wrong.

The school disagrees. Heck some supporters of the group on this site and there disagree with you.

The school disagrees. Heck some supporters of the group on this site and there disagree with you.

The school can disagree all they like. They still according to everything have no legal standing, period. So people can disagree all they like as it is a free country... or at least it is for now.

The school can disagree all they like. They still according to everything have no legal standing, period. So people can disagree all they like as it is a free country... or at least it is for now.

In your opinion, they have no legal standing. Likely this will go to court and they will decide. I'm willing to bet it won't be dismissed nor automatically ruled in the groups favor.

In your opinion, they have no legal standing. Likely this will go to court and they will decide. I'm willing to bet it won't be dismissed nor automatically ruled in the groups favor.

Has it been brought to court? No. So until this happens they have no legal standing at all. I am willing to bet the principal and school board will not waste money on this. If they were going to bring a lawsuit, they would have. If it was illegal, action would have already been taken.

Now do you have a real argument? Or are you going to continue trying to preach?

PS: It's been going on since 2014. So again, no.

Last edited:
Has it been brought to court? No. So until this happens they have no legal standing at all. I am willing to bet the principal and school board will not waste money on this. If they were going to bring a lawsuit, they would have. If it was illegal, action would have already been taken.

Now do you have a real argument? Or are you going to continue trying to preach?

PS: It's been going on since 2014. So again, no.

That's two school years. And it started much differently. And the school has been pushing for them to leave most of this school year. They stopped for while (sounds like for winter) then resumed). On top of this, it seems it became a major problem as the group grew and started causing problems inside the school.

That's two school years. And it started much differently. And the school has been pushing for them to leave most of this school year. They stopped for while (sounds like for winter) then resumed). On top of this, it seems it became a major problem as the group grew and started causing problems inside the school.

Yada yada yada... Same argument spelled out differently. You have no argument, it's over.

The only problem here is anti religion bull****, nothing more.

Again unless you have something new we are done here.

Yada yada yada... Same argument spelled out differently. You have no argument, it's over.

The only problem here is anti religion bull****, nothing more.

Again unless you have something new we are done here.

that is why I stopped. just repeat the same thing over again ad nuasem without any facts to support
it. pretty much what they do in almost every single thing they post on.

when informed that there are laws that prevent the school from doing this
rogue goes uh-huh simply because I say so while ignoring already established court
rulings.

I think this is most likely going to end with the parents leaving to find another place. This is not nearly as benign as they are making it out to be. They are basically bribing teens during school hours to preach. And they are using grants as a religious organization to do it.

Oh no! They are bribing kids with free food! Oh the humanity!

Hyperbole much?

This is causing a rift and problems in the school. The group has even said they are looking into stopping the lunches.

Douchebags are causing a rift in the school and nothing else.

Because it is religious in nature, during school hours, and has led to divisiveness in the school because those who aren't Christian are being made to feel ostracized for not being Christian.

What? Like the kids that don't go are beat up in the parking lot or something? There is nothing wrong with it being religious in nature because it's being done in a public park, during a time where kids can leave campus, and is 100% voluntary.

The only divisiveness that is happening is by the school.

Apparently the school per the article was claiming they leased the park so had control of it... but then couldn't provide any proof they leased the park.
However if they could actually prove they leased the park then they might be in trouble for not providing school staff to oversee the people they would then be responsible for.

Even if they did have the lease and had more control over it if they let other groups in, but not religious ones, they could be sued for discrimination.

No they aren't. Again this concerns school children (teenagers), and an ambiguous lease concerning property that is directly attached to the school. These parents could not do this on school property and other groups would almost certainly have already been stopped from doing something like this.

What? Are you afraid of having your liberal secular monopoly in the kids' minds broken up?

Even if they did have the lease and had more control over it if they let other groups in, but not religious ones, they could be sued for discrimination.

I would agree with that. I would disapprove of any group with a religious/political agenda having access to the kids in that situation. That woudl include any religious organization, or anti-religious organization, any political party, or ideological group.

Back
Top Bottom