• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

@ShoutYourAbortion: This is What a 22 1/2 Week Abortion Looks Like [W:350]

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Full article here.

As #shoutyourabortion trends on social media, encouraging women to shed their shame over having chosen abortion, I have my own story to tell.

The days passed, and I felt like my body failed her. I failed her. I felt like I was making an uninformed parental decision – and it was killing me. I had so much fear. I couldn’t stop searching the internet for statistics. How many people got a diagnosis like mine and went on to have a healthy baby? Was there a possibility that the doctors were wrong? Online there were testimonials. There were people who had frightening ultrasounds at twenty weeks and made the other choice and their babies were okay.

My mother was sleeping at my house – we were both getting on a plane to go to New York in a few hours, and I was crazed. There was no way I was having the procedure without a second opinion. I made another call, this time to my father – and with help from the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor (MFM) at my dad’s hospital, I went to the best MFM at NYU at 7am on the day of the procedure for a second opinion.

The doctor in New York was certain. Part of my baby’s brain was missing, all the vessels into her heart were fused. She didn’t have a nose and her potential for life after birth was called both limited and painful.

I aborted my baby to end the pain, her future pain, my pain, my husband’s pain, the pain of the people who loved us. I aborted her because if I carried her to term she would have died and taken my sanity with her. I aborted my baby because it was the best choice. As far as I was concerned it was the only choice.

So tell me, pro "life" people - why is this any of your business. Why do you feel you should have any say in this decision? The truth is, what you think isn't important. What you feel does not matter.

Full article here.

No thanks.

Anyone associated with that hashtag in any way doesn't warrant any attention aside from letting them know they're a piece of ****.

The filth who started that hashtag belongs in a cage.

So tell me, pro "life" people - why is this any of your business.

Because killing other human beings in aggression is always wrong.

Why do you feel you should have any say in this decision?

Because killing other human beings in aggression is always wrong.

The truth is, what you think isn't important.

Then why did you ask?

Lemme guess. You didn't even read the first post. You don't know about the birth anomalies they were faced with.

Part of my baby’s brain was missing, all the vessels into her heart were fused. She didn’t have a nose and her potential for life after birth was called both limited and painful.

I'm sorry, but going on social media to tout and brag about an abortion - i.e. the killing of one's unborn child, most commonly for reasons of petty personal convenience - as being a "good experience," or something else in any sense casual and positive, doesn't do anything but out the person responsible for that statement as being the monstrous sociopathic twat that they truly are under the surface.

The whole thing is disgusting and depraved.

From the woman who started the movement.

There are no “good” abortions and “bad” abortions, because an abortion is just a medical procedure, reproductive healthcare is healthcare, and it is a fact without caveat that a foetus is not a person. I own my body, and I decide what I allow to grow in it. Telling our stories at full volume chips away at stigma, at lies, at the climate of shame that destroys the lives (sometimes literally) of women and girls and anyone anywhere on the gender spectrum who can become pregnant, especially those living in poverty, in rural areas and in hyper-religious and conservative households. (It’s vital to remember, too, that being able to tell my abortion story without feeling unsupported and unsafe – beyond the general unease of knowing my country is full of heavily armed, anti-intellectual GOP wingnuts – is a privilege. I speak out because I can.)

There’s a reason why #ShoutYourAbortion has been getting mountains of positive, mainstream press attention, while the people terrorising us (my feed is clogged with pictures of bloody foetuses and death threats – this is Twitter, after all) are ignored on the fringe. It’s because we are right, and however glacially society evolves, it is evolving in the right direction. Abortion is common. Abortion is happening. Abortion needs to be legal, safe and accessible to everyone. Abortion is a thing you can say out loud.

I set up #ShoutYourAbortion because I am not sorry, and I will not whisper | Lindy West | Comment is free | The Guardian

I'm sorry, but going on social media to tout an abortion - i.e. the killing of your unborn child, most commonly for reasons of your own personal convenience - as being a "good experience," or something else in any sense casual and positive, doesn't do anything but out the person responsible for the statement as the sociopathic twat that they truly are under the surface.

No, it really isn't. Your perception doesn't have a hill of beans to do with reality, from a scientific perspective. See video in second post.

Lemme guess. You didn't even read the first post. You don't know about the birth anomalies they were faced with.

Hey guess what - read it, still don't give a ****.

Just because someone has a terminal condition that doesn't justify killing them.

From the woman who started the movement.

No thanks, I don't need to hear the barking of a rabid dog.

All I ask is that you stop insulting women by calling that thing one.

No, it really isn't. Your perception doesn't have a hill of beans to do with reality, from a scientific perspective. See video in second post.

There is no "scientific perspective" that changes the fact that these women are killing their unborn children. You can lie to yourself by playing around with terms all you want. It doesn't change anything. :roll:

The bottom line here is that any woman who would causally try and laugh off having an abortion is a sociopathic c***.

I mean... Really. The very least a person could do is have the common human decency to bring some solemnity and gravitas to the affair.

Last edited:

Yes it is. Anyone that decides to kill their own young for confidence is be condemned, not praised. I have no problem with people outing themselves as people to shun and treat like the filth they are.

I'm sorry, but going on social media to tout and brag about an abortion - i.e. the killing of one's unborn child, most commonly for reasons of petty personal convenience - as being a "good experience," or something else in any sense casual and positive, doesn't do anything but out the person responsible for that statement as being the monstrous sociopathic twat that they truly are under the surface.

Sorry you feel that way about someone doing the right thing, an ethical thing, a merciful thing.

But hey, judge all you want. I see her article as something to support others that must make such painful, sad, and difficult decisions.

I cant believe anyone would critisize her/them, much less think they'd have the right to prevent them from making that decision (not that you wrote that last part).

Hey guess what - read it, still don't give a ****.

Just because someone has a terminal condition that doesn't justify killing them.

Terminal illness? Brain missing, no nose, all the vessels into her heart were fused, ....

/smh

Oh well. Compassion isn't for everyone, I guess.

There is no "scientific perspective" that changes the fact that these women are killing their unborn children. You can lie to yourself by playing around with terms all you want. It doesn't change anything. :roll:

The bottom line here is that any woman who would causally try and laugh off having an abortion is a sociopathic c***.

I mean... Really. The very least a person could do is have the common human decency to bring some solemnity and gravitas to the affair.

If it were killing, it would be illegal. It's not killing, and it's still not your business.

No thanks, I don't need to hear the barking of a rabid dog.

All I ask is that you stop insulting women by calling that thing one.

She is a woman. Your opinion doesn't change THAT, either.

Abortions in Australia: I’m not ashamed of my abortion | #shoutyourabortion

For a while, I felt guilty that I didn’t feel more. The rhetoric espoused by both anti-abortion and pro-choice campaigners led me to believe that it should have been a difficult decision, one I struggled with and agonised over. It was neither, and for a while I thought that made me abnormal. But I’ve never regretted my choice, and over time realised that while for some women an unplanned pregnancy does offer a difficult choice, for me it didn’t, and that’s OK.

In the end, with almost a third of women having an abortion in their lifetimes, we shouldn’t be made to feel ashamed and be quiet about them anymore. Only by talking about it can be break the taboo and ensure a safe and legal environment for any woman exercising her choice over her own body.

My abortion didn’t emotionally cripple me, or make me a monster. It wasn’t a large part of my life, just a medical procedure I had one Friday morning. I will continue to #ShoutMyAbortion and tell my story, and will never be made to feel ashamed, embarrassed or guilty for the choice I made.

e6a800d638e5f5d149066c51b06bd887.jpg

If it were killing, it would be illegal. It's not killing, and it's still not your business.

Certain kinds of killing is legal. :prof

If they didn't want it to be my business, they wouldn't be announcing it to the world.

Killing your own flesh and blood is one of the worst things you can do. Announcing it to the world like you did nothing wrong just makes things worse.

I totally support this. The less shame about abortion, the better.

Terminal illness? Brain missing, no nose, all the vessels into her heart were fused, ....

/smh

Oh well. Compassion isn't for everyone, I guess.

Yes, I should shake my head at your pointless inhumanity.

I say again, just because someone is going to die doesn't justify killing them.

That's harsh. You clearly must hate women since you're comparing them to this thing.

Blatantly wrong and stupid.

An elective abortion is objectively killing another human being; it's tragically legal, and you subjectively want it that way.

The fact that you don't understand what abortion is goes a long way towards explaining why and how you can support it, though.

Furthermore, if this isn't our business, why are these psychopathic ****s telling us how proud they are about committing homicide? They're the ones putting it out there; I'd have been happy to condemn them in general terms but if they'll self-identify with a non-anonymous twitter account, all the better, we can get specific.

Last edited:
Liberal websites and blogs joined in the abortion party. Buzzfeed beamed that “Shout Your Abortion” is finally “challenging the stigma” attached to crushing the skulls of tiny humans. Elle expressed excitement that the campaign gives women “a new way to talk about choice.” HuffPost took the opportunity to chastise pro-lifers for “shaming and belittling” the brutal slaughter of infants. MIC.com called the hashtag “inspiring.” The Independent said the celebration of death and selfishness is “important” and “encouraging.” MTV declared that “Shout Your Abortion” is “setting the record straight” and making it easier and more acceptable for women to destroy their children — an act which they describe creepily and creatively as “clearing a biological hurdle.”

If only the Nazis had Twitter maybe they could have defeated those pesky taboos about violently eradicating Jews. #ShoutYourGenocide, anyone?

#ShoutYourAbortion Proves That Modern Liberalism Is A Satanic Death Cult | TheBlaze.com

Charles Manson needs a twitter account. Really just everyone serving life in prison or waiting on death row, they just need to #ShoutYourMurder so we can finally end the stigma. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom