• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shouldn't we Assess the Value of Life Before we Riot and Punish Police?

• Total voters

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Wisconsin's rioters are destroying cities over a guy who strangled his wife/gf/spouse. Why are we pretending that his life really mattered?

1598404985820.jpg

Isn't there a natural process of accessing the value of something lost, in order to ascertain the level of grief we should feel about that thing we've lost? For example, if you lost your favorite grandmother's wedding ring that she left you in her will, you would feel a greater amount of grief than if you lost a bag of potato chips. But not only are we not bothering to adequately assess the value of the thing that was lost (Jacob Blake's legs) but we're assigning MORE value to his legs than to the lifes of Cannon Hinnant, Veronica Baker, or Tina Geiger, all of whom were murdered recently by black thugs like Blake.

Wisconsin's rioters are destroying cities over a guy who strangled his wife/gf/spouse. Why are we pretending that his life really mattered?

1598404985820.jpg

Isn't there a natural process of accessing the value of something lost, in order to ascertain the level of grief we should feel about that thing we've lost? For example, if you lost your favorite grandmother's wedding ring that she left you in her will, you would feel a greater amount of grief than if you lost a bag of potato chips. But not only are we not bothering to adequately assess the value of the thing that was lost (Jacob Blake's legs) but we're assigning MORE value to his legs than to the lifes of Cannon Hinnant, Veronica Baker, or Tina Geiger, all of whom were murdered recently by black thugs like Blake.

The answer is a resounding YES.
My hope is that what comes out of this tragic event is that friends, relatives, and his fellow criminals understand what he did and to be reminded of that every time they see him or think about him.
I sincerely hope his do not grow up to be like him and do not end up resenting the police for what they did to stop Blake.
I want Blake to live so that others learn what happens if you flagrantly flaunt the law and totally ignore orders from someone with a badge and a gun.
That may seem harsh to some but he paid a sever price for thinking he is above the law and can act however he chooses without regard for the safety of his kids who now have to see their father in a wheelchair probably for the rest of his empty life.

1598404985820.jpg

I'm still contemplating whether your disappearance (of whatever nature) would grieve me more than that of a bag of potato chips and I'm far from done yet.

Problem being, you see, that I'm not keen on potato chips at all. Then again, OTH, you're no wedding ring either.

So I'll have to give all this more thought (or perhaps not).

Oh dear, decisions.......decisions............always decisions.:lol:

1598404985820.jpg

the cops should not get to execute you when they like that's dangerous for every one

you need help

1598404985820.jpg

The point is that you did not know that until after the fact. That person could have been innocent. At the time the person was shot, the police likely did not know the person's background and arrest sheet and shot him because he was black and they were scared. THAT'S the point. And for those of you who want "law and order", even if you DID know that, that does not make it okay to make the police judge, jury and executioner.

It would be like if the police shot YOU in the back and killed you...but instead of outrage after the fact, some might say you deserve it because you proudly displayed the picture of an anti-semite and terrorist which proves that you have no value for the lives of Jews and other minorities, so there is no value to your life, so that made it okay to shoot and kill you...even though they knew very little about you before hand.

Both those charges would've got him less than 30 days in jail.

There was no reason those three cops couldn't have wrestled him down and put him in the back of a patrol car.

Read the OP again, this time with the backdrop being 181,000 dead Americans a majority of them find to be “acceptable.”

1598404985820.jpg

You actually have a source other than 4chan? I’ve found no references to this incident.

And if he was arrested was he actually convicted?

For about the millionth time police are not judge, jury and executioner and what someone may have done in the past even if if the cop knows about it - which would be doubtful - is no excuse to end his life.

1598404985820.jpg

Whether or not the guy was a total piece of **** or not is irrelevant. We do not live in a country where it is acceptable for the police to execute citizens without trial.

We should not be punishing the police at all. We should be giving the police the money, the weapons, and the legal power they need to catch the criminals. Once caught the criminals should be punished severely.

If we change the mindset of police then the community will react and see them as protectors rather than something to be feared. Most white people are not afraid of the police. That cannot be said of black or brown people. All of this points to a culture within police departments that needs fixing now.

If we change the mindset of police then the community will react and see them as protectors rather than something to be feared. Most white people are not afraid of the police. That cannot be said of black or brown people. All of this points to a culture within police departments that needs fixing now.

I've said this before and I don't think it can be said enough.

"Keeping people safe should never make them afraid."

1598404985820.jpg

Gee, are you sure you want that to be the standard we start using?

Because in that case, Holocaust deniers and fanboys of psychotic Romanian thugs won’t rank very high on that list of “value”.

Both those charges would've got him less than 30 days in jail.

There was no reason those three cops couldn't have wrestled him down and put him in the back of a patrol car.

There is no reason he couldn't have complied with police officers or not walked away to grab something in his car as he was being tasered

Gee, are you sure you want that to be the standard we start using?

Because in that case, Holocaust deniers and fanboys of psychotic Romanian thugs won’t rank very high on that list of “value”.

Hell, if I had my way, the first time someone showed their whole ass holocaust denying, I'd have them outlawed in the Icelandic meaning of the word.

1598404985820.jpg

Imagine if you were sick and went to the emergency room and the doctors declined treating you because they personally didn't like something about you.

So if we assess someone's life to be of low value, we can just shoot them and not care?

Who does this assessing? I'd like to be in charge of that, since fascists and authoritarians don't rank high on my "value" scale.

lol

Blacks have a rate of violent crime that is nearly eight times the white rate. Everywhere in the world blacks have higher crime rates than whites and Orientals. A criminal justice system that is effective for whites and Orientals is insufficiently harsh for blacks. Before the civil rights movement that was understood in the United States, and especially in the South. Consequently, when a black man and a white man committed the same crime, the black man was given more punishment.

Characteristics that enabled the ancestors of Negroes to thrive in the tribal environment of sub Saharan Africa earn for many of them felony convictions in civilized countries. Civilizations select genetically against physical aggressiveness. Barbarian environments select for it.

So if we assess someone's life to be of low value, we can just shoot them and not care?

Who does this assessing? I'd like to be in charge of that, since fascists and authoritarians don't rank high on my "value" scale.

lol

That is the way many blacks feel about each other.

BlackCrime 3.jpg

If black lives matter why to so many black men kill other black men? Why do so few black men marry the mothers of their children and raise those children properly?

Blacks have a rate of violent crime that is nearly eight times the white rate. Everywhere in the world blacks have higher crime rates than whites and Orientals. A criminal justice system that is effective for whites and Orientals is insufficiently harsh for blacks. Before the civil rights movement that was understood in the United States, and especially in the South. Consequently, when a black man and a white man committed the same crime, the black man was given more punishment.

Characteristics that enabled the ancestors of Negroes to thrive in the tribal environment of sub Saharan Africa earn for many of them felony convictions in civilized countries. Civilizations select genetically against physical aggressiveness. Barbarian environments select for it.

Oh look, a load of racist bull**** straight out of 1910, complete with whining about the civil rights movement.

Funny how there has never been a “Negro” who killed anywhere close to as many people as Hitler or Stalin, which directly contradicts your “narrative”. Sounds like you’ve picked out the wrong “barbarians” :roll:

The number of people still clinging to idiotic, racist pseudoscience to justify their hatred is truly astounding.

Last edited:
There is no reason he couldn't have complied with police officers or not walked away to grab something in his car as he was being tasered

I have been stopped and frisked by the police a few times. When this happens I move slowly, keep my hands in sight, and speak respectfully. That is the way a civilized man behaves in a situation like that. It is why I am still alive.

I have been stopped and frisked by the police a few times. When this happens I move slowly, keep my hands in sight, and speak respectfully. That is the way a civilized man behaves in a situation like that. It is why I am still alive.

Ultimately what is comes down to is there is the world as we want it to be and then there is the world we actually live in. In the world we actually live in, dumb **** and ego get you messed up.

Oh look, a load of racist bull**** straight out of 1910, complete with whining about the civil rights movement.

Funny how there has never been a “Negro” who killed anywhere close to as many people as Hitler or Stalin. Sounds like you’ve picked out the wrong “barbarians” :roll:

I define a civilization as a city based society where the government has the effective monopoly on the legitimate use of violence. Germans and Russians have lower crime rates than members of races that have been introduced to civilization comparatively recently.

Funny how there has never been a “Negro” who killed anywhere close to as many people as Hitler or Stalin. Sounds like you’ve picked out the wrong “barbarians” :roll:

Dude, SmartCat has been screeching racist crap like this since I got here.

I define a civilization as a city based society where the government has the effective monopoly on the legitimate use of violence. Germans and Russians have lower crime rates than members of races that have been introduced to civilization comparatively recently.

In both Germany and Russia the governments had total monopoly on the use of force.....and used it to murder tens of millions of people.

It is white supremacists— not “Negroes”— who ran entire states for decades in unconstitutional tyranny. Your entire narrative is, again, a load of crap.

Back
Top Bottom