• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shouldn't supreme court justices be held to some sort of ethical standard?

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Clarence Thomas and Amy Coney Barrett lack the ethical standard to be on the supreme court. When you look at the history of Supreme Court justices, they clearly have breached this standard.

I am not even talking about the justices that perjured themselves.

Clarence Thomas and Amy Coney Barrett lack the ethical standard to be on the supreme court. When you look at the history of Supreme Court justices, they clearly have breached this standard.

giphy.gif

I am not even talking abocal Standards?ut the justices that perjured themselves.
Who would set the Ethical Standards? Oh. I know! The Supreme Court judges!

Sorta depends on who sets what standards. What is ones standards is likely not another's standards, as shown by your post itself.

You need to name and explain this breach of ethics. I've a feeling it's more of a breach of liberal dogma.

Actually the only unethical occurrence on the court so far is the idiot that leaked the draft of the Roe V Wade decision.

Congress has the power to impeach a Justice.

You better get with Nancy...tell her to get started. Tell her to get it done before November. Otherwise you are SOL.

Sorta depends on who sets what standards. What is ones standards is likely not another's standards, as shown by your post itself.

Well, aren't there some standard professional standards people are held to in the legal profession, like judges following legal precedent?

Your OP has far bigger ethical issues than does any member of the Supreme Court.

Got proof?

Who says so, YOU? That's your opinion.

Pay close attention now, NONE of the recent SCOTUS appointees "perjured themselves."

Review what they actually said, and then what subsequently occurred.

Meanwhile, no one should expect ANY judge to state how they would rule on a possible case that comes before the bench.

They will rely on the facts and evidence presented, precedent if applicable, and the Constitution where applicable.

Last edited:

Well they both will be on the court for many years so get used to them.

Who says so, YOU? That's your opinion.

Pay close attention now, NONE of the recent SCOTUS appointees "perjured themselves."

Review what they actually said, and then what subsequently occurred.

Meanwhile, no one should expect ANY judge to state how they would rule on a possible case that comes before the bench.

They will rely on the facts and evidence presented, precedent if applicable, and the Constitution where applicable.
They have been given their talking points, don't expect them to explain anything.

Actually the only unethical occurrence on the court so far is the idiot that leaked the draft of the Roe V Wade decision.
And what's up with that? I'll be pissed if they just sweep that one under the rug.

Can someone point out the ethics behind having nine people decide for all america what their laws will be.

They didn't purger themselves as they never said they wouldn’t overturn precident on prior cases.

How amusing that you describe yourself and your fellow americans as sheep, fitting.
if you don't want to explain your nonsensical comment, no skin off my nose

Back
Top Bottom