• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Zelensky evacuate?

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I think Zelensky and as many Ukranians as possible should evacuate cities that have no hope of defeating the invasion. Their lives matter more than hero stories. They can determine how to fight after that.

I think Zelensky and as many Ukranians as possible should evacuate cities that have no hope of defeating the invasion. Their lives matter more than hero stories. They can determine how to fight after that.

Ukrainians have chosen to live free or die, as is their right.

Should Zelensky evacuate?​

How can we even guess. This is one of those, unless you are living in his shoes.....there is no way to even offer a guess. Anybody here actually Zelensky masquerading as a forum poster?

People who risk their lives over some land are pretty stupid.....

Like, if your families lifes depended on it than the choice should be EASY, LEAVE!!!

He should certainly fall back once the city has been unequivocally taken, but I expect him to stay and fight a guerilla war from the Ukrainian countryside.

People who risk their lives over some land are pretty stupid.....

Like, if your families lifes depended on it than the choice should be EASY, LEAVE!!!
Thankfully, not everyone believes this way.

Freedom comes with a hefty price tag.

I think many have forgotten that.

I’m forever grateful to the men and women that have proudly fought for American freedom - and incredibly humbled by watching the Ukrainians fight for theirs.

The moment people invade america and try to kill us.
Ukraine is their country. They are not Americans.

That is why they are standing their ground and fighting

Ukraine is their country. They are not Americans.

That is why they are standing their ground and fighting
I know they are not. I'm simply saying that if America was losing the war and people were getting killed I wouldnt risk my life or my families life over a piece of land. I would move out. Life is much more important than being billy bad ass.

I know they are not. I'm simply saying that if America was losing the war and people were getting killed I wouldnt risk my life or my families life over a piece of land. I would move out. Life is much more important than being billy bad ass.
Cowardly. Luckily, everyone isn't a scared little chicken.

Eh - I’d go with my son. I’m sure my husband would make sure we got to safety and return to fight.

Many men from the Ukraine did just that - got their families to safety and went back to fight.

Thankfully, in the United States it is a scenario we are never likely to see.

And I’m in awe of the strength of character of Ukrainians.

Cowardly. Luckily, everyone isn't a scared little chicken.
Yes I'll be a scared little chicken. I guess I'm a bad parent knowing that I have a 3 year old daughter full of life ahead and Im gonna risk that because I want to protect my land? Thats absurd.

He probably wouldn't go no matter what.

Yes I'll be a scared little chicken. I guess I'm a bad parent knowing that I have a 3 year old daughter full of life ahead and Im gonna risk that because I want to protect my land? Thats absurd.
There is nothing wrong with acknowledging your own limits.

But don’t criticize individuals that ARE willing to fight. Without them this world would be overrun by bad actors.

I'm a veteran. You're a coward. We veterans have children as well and we protect your cowardly ass

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging your own limits.

But don’t criticize individuals that ARE willing to fight. Without them this world would be overrun by bad actors.
No I kind of? get the other side too. Especially a guy like Zelensky... he's the leader of that country so of course he is going to fight till the end. I'm kind of criticizing the citizen there that possibly have families and arent really thinking this through......

Well thats your opinion....
No. It makes sense now. You've said you'd turn tail and run if things got tough. Not sure sure where you are running to, but Godspeed.

I support them in whatever decision they choose to make.

It's easy for us to sit over here in comfort, never having to deal with the realities of autocracy and invasion, and tell others how we believe they should respond to such things.

Ahh, remember when president Donny the extorter withheld aid to Ukraine to try to get them to "dig up dirt" (read: make shit up) about Trump's rivals? Then Trump was Impeached for it, but excaped removal from office by the "republican" Senate? Simpler times my friends, simpler times...

Back
Top Bottom