• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Zelensky evacuate?

If it's clear staying will just get them blown up, I'd like them to evacuate. It's analogous at that point to a school shooting - should the kids 'stay and fight' and get shot?
Most ridiculous analogy I've seen in a while. People die in warfare, even on the winning side.

Yes I'll be a scared little chicken. I guess I'm a bad parent knowing that I have a 3 year old daughter full of life ahead and Im gonna risk that because I want to protect my land? Thats absurd.

How full would her life be living under the rule of a foreign dictator?

Ask that to millions of Russian living there

You’d better hope she doesn’t turn out to be LGBTQ then. Because her “full life” would get squashed pretty quick.

You’d better hope she doesn’t turn out to be LGBTQ then. Because her “full life” would get squashed pretty quick.
There's always a choice of leaving. I am pretty sure you dont live in the same state as you were birthed in.

My point is, I have examples of people fighting for independence and all that, just to turn out that 20 years later that the "country" they faught hard to protect is the same economically worst than before.

Most ridiculous analogy I've seen in a while. People die in warfare, even on the winning side.
Most ridiculous post I've seen from you in a while, not understanding the post you replied to.

Most ridiculous post I've seen from you in a while, not understanding the post you replied to.
"It's analogous at that point to a school shooting - should the kids 'stay and fight' and get shot?"

Kids in school are not equipped to fight back. They have no economic interest in their school. The school is not their home. Their families are not in school. And so on.

"It's analogous at that point to a school shooting - should the kids 'stay and fight' and get shot?"

Kids in school are not equipped to fight back. They have no economic interest in their school. The school is not their home. Their families are not in school. And so on.
You're reinforcing my point.

You don't understand the post.

Then what's your point?
I'd explain but the tone of your first response makes me uninterested in interacting with you on it.

There's always a choice of leaving. I am pretty sure you dont live in the same state as you were birthed in.

My point is, I have examples of people fighting for independence and all that, just to turn out that 20 years later that the "country" they faught hard to protect is the same economically worst than before.

So if America was invaded, rather than fighting, you would just flee America entirely?

I'd explain but the tone of your first response makes me uninterested in interacting with you on it.
You'll never need to again. Need a tissue?

You'll never need to again. Need a tissue?
Didn't expect you were some whose posts I'd stop reading, but you can never tell.

Sure if I knew my country had no chance.

And if that dictatorship then invaded the country you fled to? Just you keep fleeing until you die of starvation or disease along with your daughter in some refugee camp?

And if that dictatorship then invaded the country you fled to? Just you keep fleeing until you die of starvation or disease along with your daughter in some refugee camp?
Why are you playing this scenarios to me? Putin wants the land I am pretty sure he wouldnt give a flying **** where I go go as long as he gets what he wants.

Why are you playing this scenarios to me? Putin wants the land I am pretty sure he wouldnt give a flying **** where I go go as long as he gets what he wants.

Because I just can't fathom how someone could be that cowardly. It's a mindset that can't think more than a couple seconds ahead.

Because I just can't fathom how someone could be that cowardly. It's a mindset that can't think more than a couple seconds ahead.
Seems like its hard for you to grasp. If you go back in time majority of countries and land was stolen at some point of time. Hell the country we live in isnt really ours..... if Indians still were here, would America prosper as much as it has? We will never know...

I think Zelensky and as many Ukranians as possible should evacuate cities that have no hope of defeating the invasion. Their lives matter more than hero stories. They can determine how to fight after that.
I am kinda torn. On one side, there is a reason why most generals do not fight on the front lines. On the other side, him staying had rallied the whole country. Either way, the guy is showing he has balls. He was a comedian for **** sake, and is showing more leadership than most "leaders".

Seems like its hard for you to grasp. If you go back in time majority of countries and land was stolen at some point of time. Hell the country we live in isnt really ours..... if Indians still were here, would America prosper as much as it has? We will never know...
We have a pretty good idea about that. No, it wouldn't. But prosperity is not the only measure of justice, hence justice is more complex than that. There are tradeoffs. Another alternative is that there was a takeover that was more 'benevolent'. It's hard to say what a flawless policy would be. Europeans just stay in Europe?

Regardless of what happens militarily from here on out, Putin will not be able to install a puppet government in Kiev. Not unless Putin is willing to commit 500,000 Russian troops full-time in Kiev and western Ukraine to protect the puppet government. That is not going to happen.

From that perspective, Ukraine has already won.

I think Zelensky and as many Ukranians as possible should evacuate cities that have no hope of defeating the invasion. Their lives matter more than hero stories. They can determine how to fight after that.
Zelensky has decided to lead from the front and not from Behind, unlike somebody we know.

Regardless of what happens militarily from here on out, Putin will not be able to install a puppet government in Kiev. Not unless Putin is willing to commit 500,000 Russian troops full-time in Kiev and western Ukraine to protect the puppet government. That is not going to happen.

From that perspective, Ukraine has already won.
It looks as if he intends to try. So this conflict will continue for a while unless the western nations decide to put an end to it.

It looks as if he intends to try. So this conflict will continue for a while unless the western nations decide to put an end to it.

Putin won't be able to afford to keep 500,000 troops in western Ukraine indefinitely. The sanctions are already having a devastating effect and the morale of Russian troops is in the toilet.

Back
Top Bottom