• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Women be Allowed to Vote?

Should Women be Allowed to Vote?

• No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Never

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Only as Registered Republicans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I didn’t really want to present this pressing issue in the form of a poll, because if I had my druthers women wouldn’t get to vote at all, at anytime, anywhere. However, knowing that the majority of women are pro choice--you’ll be happy to see that I gave you a very liberal 3-choice voting option above. You may want to hold back the thank you’s to my generosity here until you’ve finished reading this post.
I am no misogynist or chauvinist, as I once had a deep but brief love and respect for three ex-wives. The fact that one is deceased (I believe no fault of mine), and one has taken on a new and vastly improved autistic image, and the other can be found pitching stale peanuts at rabid squirrels near Fenway Park in Boston--has no bearing whatsoever on my determined mission to abrogate women suffrage.
We can all agree that our Founding Fathers were some of the most brilliant minds in our country’s short history. Not only did these (men only) vote and fight to declare our independence from a foreign entity, but they managed to kick aside the Indian (no small task) in order to complete the American objective of forming an independent sovereignty.
Keep in mind that women were not allowed to vote in those days when quick and decisive decisions were needed. You’ll also notice that women didn’t fight in the Revolutionary War. Sure, you may get a side note or two claiming that a woman scalped an Indian or two, but nothing comparing to the magnitude brought on by the manly men of that time. There is even debate as to whether Betsy Ross had stitched the first American Flag. Folklore has it that she was colorblind, therefore stitching her red-white and blues into the proper sequence would have been a demanding if not impossible proposition.
The fact is that women of that day were just as politically ignorant, just as emotionally frazzled, just as PMS-geared, and just as physically inferior to men as they are today.
You wouldn’t be sitting in your chair today and enjoying this post if it weren’t for the all-male intellect, the all-male pioneering entrepreneurship, the all-male fighting machine, and the all-male political and military leadership that engulfed our Founding Fathers from that era. Notice the key phrase here is ’FOUNDING FATHERS’. Not ’FOUNDING MOTHERS’, or ’Mother Nature’s Miracle’, or some ’Female GOD’ of the time.
I find it a necessity to use an appropriate cliché in describing the woman’s role in Eighteenth Century America. Women were indeed kept ’Barefoot and Pregnant’ in whatever they called a kitchen in those days.
Show me, or give me good reason why a woman of today deserves to be more respected, or given more political clout (as in voting rights) than that of their ancestral sisters of yesteryear. Remember, your sisters of that era couldn’t vote, and we are all blessed with the upshot to that important decision.
I would appreciate your vote here.

TimmyKid

FinnMacCool said:
I just read your entire post but I might have missed. Just tell me. Why shouldn't women vote?

You ever hear that saying "You shouldn't atempt to fix something that ain't broke?" Well, from the Founding Fathers of yesteryear to the all-male presidential leadership of today--we managed to declare our independence and move on to being the strongest country on earth. Do you see a need to start throwing female votes or leadership roles into the mix?

You ever hear that saying "You shouldn't atempt to fix something that ain't broke?" Well, from the Founding Fathers of yesteryear to the all-male presidential leadership of today--we managed to declare our independence and move on to being the strongest country on earth. Do you see a need to start throwing female votes or leadership roles into the mix?

But females have been voting since 1920! The world hasn't collapsed since then. Perhaps that argument might have worked then but not anymore. I don't see any reason why women shouldn't vote.

FinnMacCool said:
But females have been voting since 1920! The world hasn't collapsed since then. Perhaps that argument might have worked then but not anymore. I don't see any reason why women shouldn't vote.

Yeah, they've been voting since 1920, and thank God we haven't had a female pres or a Ferraro veep with all that female voting persuasion. Again, we became independent and have had male leadership roles throughout our nation's history, thus continuing our strength and resolve. You don't have a problem with upsetting our strength as a nation by letting emotionally unstable, physically inferior, and politically ignorant females vote on such crucial issues as the defense of our country and the placement of the most qualified Commander-in-Chief as our president?
The trick here Finn, is to project an image for our future with having a female president at the helm i.e. Hillary etc. There is no past history of US female leadership or past history of female votes that suggest that anything but a steady decline in our nation's strength and security would happen if females get their way. I'm a realist Finn, therefore I tend to stick with the plan that works, and under male leadership the plan has worked to near perfection.

Yeah, they've been voting since 1920, and thank God we haven't had a female pres or a Ferraro veep with all that female voting persuasion
I know a lot of females on both sides. I don't believe they are anymore influenced to vote for a female just because she was female. BUt would you vote for a male simply because they're male?
You don't have a problem with upsetting our strength as a nation by letting emotionally unstable,
How are they 'emotionally unstable'?
physically inferior
I don't see how that would make them likely to upset our nation
, and politically ignorant females
Now thats a laugh. Politically ignorant? Females are just as capable to be as politically ignorant as men are. Just look at all the people on this site.

vote on such crucial issues as the defense of our country and the placement of the most qualified Commander-in-Chief as our president?

Those aren't the only crucial issues but I don't see how females would be likely to vote any different. They are being represented, and thats whats important.

The trick here Finn, is to project an image for our future with having a female president at the helm i.e. Hillary etc. There is no past history of US female leadership or past history of female votes that suggest that anything but a steady decline in our nation's strength and security would happen if females get their way. I'm a realist Finn, therefore I tend to stick with the plan that works, and under male leadership the plan has worked to near perfection.

Oh I get it now. You want to prevent females from voting so they don't go liberal? Well thats kinda dumb isn't it? The whole idea of letting someone vote is to give them representation. Many females vote liberal cause of the abortion issue. I have a feeling that anti abortionists would have more room if they got rid of female votes.

ptskid, you are quite the sexist I must say. Why don't you stop making such retarded threads? Almost all are going to disagree. Tell me why should males get to vote, if you're so concerned about genders when people vote?

Comrade Brian said:
ptskid, you are quite the sexist I must say. Why don't you stop making such retarded threads? Almost all are going to disagree. Tell me why should males get to vote, if you're so concerned about genders when people vote?

It should only be males voting to insure that someday we elect another Ronnie Reagan--the one man that put the spread of Communism to bed for good.

Maybe I should asked someone who would actually reply. Not some little 2-yr. old kid whos into some cult proclaiming male supremecy.

This thread ought to be locked up.... it serves no purpose except inciting bigotry. And the poll options are very poor, all basically the same thing.

Comrade Brian said:
This thread ought to be locked up.... it serves no purpose except inciting bigotry. And the poll options are very poor, all basically the same thing.

For a guy that is 4 Communism--you sure do have a thin skin when it comes to discussing the possibility of bigotry. Perhaps I could entertain you with a far less difficult question, one less stressful to your delicate senses.
Give me one example or one name of an American female that has accomplished what Ronald Reagan did in his masterful plan in eliminating the further threat of Communism. You might want to start with a Gloria Steinham type, or if you prefer--the leader of the Defeatocrats (Nancy Pelosi) in the US Congress. I'll be watching.

"I am no misogynist or chauvinist, as I once had a deep but brief love and respect for three ex-wives. The fact that one is deceased (I believe no fault of mine), and one has taken on a new and vastly improved autistic image, and the other can be found pitching stale peanuts at rabid squirrels near Fenway Park in Boston--has no bearing whatsoever on my determined mission to abrogate women suffrage".

You picked em.....

As far as women not fighting in wars etc......Who was supposed to take care of the children? Your post makes no sense and is in fact very chauvinist and probably intended to stir up tension.

Since women comprise the majority of college educated adults in this country (currently at 57% and the gap is growing ) why would I want the less educated sector of society deciding on this country's future?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/718654/posts

Women now comprise 57 percent of all college graduates in the United States. Among Hispanics, the gender gap is even greater ? only 40 percent of college graduates are male. Among blacks, two women earn bachelor's degrees for every man.

..... American men are becoming less literate, less ambitious, less responsible, and less employable than women, they say.(demographers)

Of course, I myself don't give a damn what level of education you have since my mom and husband (both of whom have only a high school degree or less) are two of the smartest people I know.

For the record I vote republican or democrat depending on what issue I feel is more pressing.

Last edited:
Alright. There can only be one reason for this thread:

1. Ptsdkid is a troll who's just trying to s*it-stir.
or
2. Ptsdkid is a self-infatuated twat with the IQ of a retarded dung beetle.

ptsdkid said:
I didn’t really want to present this pressing issue in the form of a poll, because if I had my druthers women wouldn’t get to vote at all, at anytime, anywhere. However, knowing that the majority of women are pro choice--you’ll be happy to see that I gave you a very liberal 3-choice voting option above. You may want to hold back the thank you’s to my generosity here until you’ve finished reading this post.
I am no misogynist or chauvinist, as I once had a deep but brief love and respect for three ex-wives. The fact that one is deceased (I believe no fault of mine), and one has taken on a new and vastly improved autistic image, and the other can be found pitching stale peanuts at rabid squirrels near Fenway Park in Boston--has no bearing whatsoever on my determined mission to abrogate women suffrage.
We can all agree that our Founding Fathers were some of the most brilliant minds in our country’s short history. Not only did these (men only) vote and fight to declare our independence from a foreign entity, but they managed to kick aside the Indian (no small task) in order to complete the American objective of forming an independent sovereignty.
Keep in mind that women were not allowed to vote in those days when quick and decisive decisions were needed. You’ll also notice that women didn’t fight in the Revolutionary War. Sure, you may get a side note or two claiming that a woman scalped an Indian or two, but nothing comparing to the magnitude brought on by the manly men of that time. There is even debate as to whether Betsy Ross had stitched the first American Flag. Folklore has it that she was colorblind, therefore stitching her red-white and blues into the proper sequence would have been a demanding if not impossible proposition.
The fact is that women of that day were just as politically ignorant, just as emotionally frazzled, just as PMS-geared, and just as physically inferior to men as they are today.
You wouldn’t be sitting in your chair today and enjoying this post if it weren’t for the all-male intellect, the all-male pioneering entrepreneurship, the all-male fighting machine, and the all-male political and military leadership that engulfed our Founding Fathers from that era. Notice the key phrase here is ’FOUNDING FATHERS’. Not ’FOUNDING MOTHERS’, or ’Mother Nature’s Miracle’, or some ’Female GOD’ of the time.
I find it a necessity to use an appropriate cliché in describing the woman’s role in Eighteenth Century America. Women were indeed kept ’Barefoot and Pregnant’ in whatever they called a kitchen in those days.
Show me, or give me good reason why a woman of today deserves to be more respected, or given more political clout (as in voting rights) than that of their ancestral sisters of yesteryear. Remember, your sisters of that era couldn’t vote, and we are all blessed with the upshot to that important decision.
I would appreciate your vote here.

TimmyKid

I think Nam induced some mental problems there Timmy. Your poll is very bigoted and biased, which is why hardly anyone has responded.

I chose not to vote for I believe only in the philosophy of female global domination.
ptsdkid, don't bother your silly little head with women's matters, go play with your toy trains in the basement like a good boy.

alphieb said:
"I am no misogynist or chauvinist, as I once had a deep but brief love and respect for three ex-wives. The fact that one is deceased (I believe no fault of mine), and one has taken on a new and vastly improved autistic image, and the other can be found pitching stale peanuts at rabid squirrels near Fenway Park in Boston--has no bearing whatsoever on my determined mission to abrogate women suffrage".

You picked em.....

As far as women not fighting in wars etc......Who was supposed to take care of the children? Your post makes no sense and is in fact very chauvinist and probably intended to stir up tension.

You are making my point, Adelphia. Women do not belong in politics or the military. Thanks for highlighting the obvious that a woman's place in our society is being barefoot and pregnant.

I vote troll.

bandaidwoman said:
Since women comprise the majority of college educated adults in this country (currently at 57% and the gap is growing ) why would I want the less educated sector of society deciding on this country's future?

You have touched upon another sore spot when it comes to the teaching of our young minds full of liberal mush. There are many books out that detail the liberal majority of professors that teach this defeatist/liberal view in our universities for subjects like political science, revisonism history, social studies and civics. You might try reading one of David Horowitz's books on the liberalization of our schools of higher learning.
So the teaching of liberal politics to our youth, with the higher concentration of as you say, going to the female youth of this country, with the possiblity of having more females in politics and roles of military leadership--gives more concern and more expediency to the mission to stop females from voting.
Did I miss the Communist giving an example of a female leader that had actually done something worthwhile in a military sense for this country? Perhaps you could supply this forum with a fine example.

bandaidwoman said:
I agree totally

He is humerous

I suppose he believes God must have a penis

Nah, he just beats off over women getting annoyed.

ptsdkid? said:
You have touched upon another sore spot when it comes to the teaching of our young minds full of liberal mush. There are many books out that detail the liberal majority of professors that teach this defeatist/liberal view in our universities for subjects like political science, revisonism history, social studies and civics. You might try reading one of David Horowitz's books on the liberalization of our schools of higher learning.
So the teaching of liberal politics to our youth, with the higher concentration of as you say, going to the female youth of this country, with the possiblity of having more females in politics and roles of military leadership--gives more concern and more expediency to the mission to stop females from voting.
Did I miss the Communist giving an example of a female leader that had actually done something worthwhile in a military sense for this country? Perhaps you could supply this forum with a fine example.

For the record, I missed out on your "liberal" education. I went to highshool in Taiwan and Japan, took advantage of your excellent graduate programs in chemistry and calculus as well as your excellent medical schools. :mrgreen:

ptsdkid said:
You are making my point, Adelphia. Women do not belong in politics or the military. Thanks for highlighting the obvious that a woman's place in our society is being barefoot and pregnant.

Like Bandaidwomen said, women make up a high percentage of educated individuals and are professionals with good paying jobs to support as tax payers your SSD that you collect every month.

Re: Should women be allowed to vote?

I think a better question is...should people who post stupid polls be allowed to vote?

Last edited:
bandaidwoman said:
For the record, I missed out on your "liberal" education. I went to highshool in Taiwan and Japan, took advantage of your excellent graduate programs in chemistry and calculus as well as your excellent medical schools. :mrgreen:

Good for you Bandaid, now those are some subjects that a woman could possibly excel in.

Back
Top Bottom