• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Women be Allowed to Vote?

Should Women be Allowed to Vote?

• No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Never

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Only as Registered Republicans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ptsdkid said:
Good for you Bandaid, now those are some subjects that a woman could possibly excel in.

Just not something so complex as whether to vote for George Bush or John Kerry? :confused:

Sheesh, dude, you want us to have all the truly important repsonsibilities? Well all rightie then - you guys go out and vote to your heart's content while we tend to what really makes a difference, okay? Just keep in mind that the folks you will be voting for will be us. The ladies.

vergiss said:
Alright. There can only be one reason for this thread:

1. Ptsdkid is a troll who's just trying to s*it-stir.
or
2. Ptsdkid is a self-infatuated twat with the IQ of a retarded dung beetle.

3. ptsdkid is a homosexual.

I think he is. This poll, and the one he started on whether women should be in the military, show he is threatened by women, scared of them.

Okay, I'll play...

"Holy friggin I spend too much time in the basement Batman", how did I miss this guy?

Let's make it simple ptsdkid.

Which one of my three daughters do you want to street fight for the right for women to vote?

Their dad is pretty tough, and he teaches them what he can. But they are still girls. But one thing I teach them is that there are people like you in the world. That deep down inside when put to the test they will fold and run. Because they lack something. That's why they say the things you say. Yea, they can take you. Shame this is upstairs.

tryreading said:
I think he is. This poll, and the one he started on whether women should be in the military, show he is threatened by women, scared of them.
I put him on ignore long ago. I got better things to do than wasting time on trolls.

I tell you what.....you take away the right for women to vote, and see how many of them leave the country for another where they CAN vote.

And then you'd have a lot of ticked off men on your hands.

I voted no because every minute voting is a minute not making me dinner or pumping out babies.

RightatNYU said:
I voted no because every minute voting is a minute not making me dinner or pumping out babies.

Typical conservative sexist-chauvinist.:lol:

I hope you're joking.

Comrade Brian said:
Typical conservative sexist-chauvinist.:lol:

I hope you're joking.

My opening post on this issue gave important reasons why women should not be allowed to vote. "Right at NYU" was 'right' on the money suggesting women go back to doing what they do best in the domestic parlor of child rearing and giving their Jerry Springer take on daytime soap operas. If we can break them away from Oprah long enough--then perhaps we can get them to discuss other pressing worldwide issues like getting them to help ratify the uselss Kyoto Treaty, or get them to whine a little more about the rights of a woman to destroy her unborn.

So commrade Braine, could you be the first here to list all the reasons why it is important that we need to keep the female vote. It might be hard at first, similar to having writer's block; getting that first reason for the female vote is nearly an impossibility...ain't it?

Since 40% of my paycheck gets taxed, I vote so I can have a say in how it is spent. (Yes, I am at the maximum tax bracket.) And since an ovewhelming majority of households have women that work, for this very reason we should vote. Of course we are also better educated and smarter.:mrgreen: (And to assume we vote liberal is just plain nonsense. I voted for Republican local representatives last election due to the pressing need for tort reform.)

ptsdkid said:
My opening post on this issue gave important reasons why women should not be allowed to vote. "Right at NYU" was 'right' on the money suggesting women go back to doing what they do best in the domestic parlor of child rearing and giving their Jerry Springer take on daytime soap operas. If we can break them away from Oprah long enough--then perhaps we can get them to discuss other pressing worldwide issues like getting them to help ratify the uselss Kyoto Treaty, or get them to whine a little more about the rights of a woman to destroy her unborn.

So commrade Braine, could you be the first here to list all the reasons why it is important that we need to keep the female vote. It might be hard at first, similar to having writer's block; getting that first reason for the female vote is nearly an impossibility...ain't it?

No wonder you have been married three times.

Timmy... it's scary, fuc*ed-up people like you who should not vote.

I find it hard to believe that someone in the day and age of information can be so damn ignorant and stupid. Do you live under a rock? Why don't you try reading or education yourself? You can barely construct a sentence let alone think logically!

Middleground said:
Timmy... it's scary, fuc*ed-up people like you who should not vote.

I find it hard to believe that someone in the day and age of information can be so damn ignorant and stupid. Do you live under a rock? Why don't you try reading or education yourself? You can barely construct a sentence let alone think logically!

If it is that I can barely construct a sentence, then I owe that horrible weakness to having read so many sentences from people like you that say, "Why don't you try reading or education yourself?" I suppose I was expecting too much to have people like you 'think logically' by actually presenting one case where a woman's vote would make a viable difference in the way our country has run since the 18th century. Remember, the briliant male minds of that century helped turn this country into a free democracy without the vote of women. Perhaps you could come up with a promising female political candidate, or a promising American female Joan of Arc that might just have the answer and resolve to stopping terrorism in it's tracts. There's always Hillary!...RIGHT?

ptsdkid said:
If it is that I can barely construct a sentence, then I owe that horrible weakness to having read so many sentences from people like you that say, "Why don't you try reading or education yourself?" I suppose I was expecting too much to have people like you 'think logically' by actually presenting one case where a woman's vote would make a viable difference in the way our country has run since the 18th century. Remember, the briliant male minds of that century helped turn this country into a free democracy without the vote of women. Perhaps you could come up with a promising female political candidate, or a promising American female Joan of Arc that might just have the answer and resolve to stopping terrorism in it's tracts. There's always Hillary!...RIGHT?

Male or female, it does not matter. As long as they can do the job, why not?
I don't understand why gender has to play a role in a decision. Me, I base it on how someone does their job, not their gender or skin colour.

Tell me, what would you think of a black male President? Are blacks inferiour -- like women -- in your small mind?

You ever hear that saying "You shouldn't atempt to fix something that ain't broke?" Well, from the Founding Fathers of yesteryear to the all-male presidential leadership of today--we managed to declare our independence and move on to being the strongest country on earth. Do you see a need to start throwing female votes or leadership roles into the mix?

Well, why should we "fix" slavery, either (another great institution endorsed by our Founding Patriarchs)?
I mean, why not, as long as we're going to be advocating the owning of human chattel?

:)

Well, why should we "fix" slavery, either (another great institution endorsed by our Founding Patriarchs)?
I mean, why not, as long as we're going to be advocating the owning of human chattel?

:)

....1069 I give you permission to buy me(my wife can pass for a white woman and so will my kid I'm hoping) if slavery is ever reinstated. Then you can set me free right after. Wait were mixed people slaves?

Please don't revive a 14 month old ptsdkid thread. We don't need to give him yet another pulpit from which to spew.

How appropriate is it that this post resurfaces during a time when Ms Rodham seeks the Dem vote for president? Now that half our voting populace is represented by females, and that a majority of them vote liberal, shouldn't we question the woman's right to vote? You need to focus here. Picture Hillary as our next commander-in-chief when the bombs start reigning down on our most populous cities. Tell me you'll have faith that she'll be able to do the right thing. My guess is that she would put a call in to the ad hoc leader of the United Nations in order to get her instructions on what to do next. Perhaps she could get advice from her cut-and-run veep, John Kerry.

I have full confidence now that ptsdkid is a liberal getting his jollies from this site and his (or her) alter ego.

Alright. There can only be one reason for this thread:

1. Ptsdkid is a troll who's just trying to s*it-stir.
or
2. Ptsdkid is a self-infatuated twat with the IQ of a retarded dung beetle.
Can you poll this?
I vote # 2

Peace

I have full confidence now that ptsdkid is a liberal getting his jollies from this site and his (or her) alter ego.

A year and a half is a long time to maintain such a pretense, if in fact it is one.
Everything I know about human nature suggests that it's unlikely someone would maintain such a facade for that amount of time, especially in light of the fact that the PTSDkid-persona has apparently remained fairly consistent throughout.
If it's a sham, the perpetrator would have to be some evil genius not to have tipped his/her hand in all this time.
My experience with trolls is that their trollishness- their provocations, their deliberately offensive, attention-getting behavior- generally escalates; usually sooner than later.
My gut feeling is that PTSDkid is on the level.
But that's just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom