• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should we negotiate with Bin Laden?

Should we negotiate with Bin Laden?

• Yes, then we can get out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, we need to finish the job and kill Binladen.

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Bin Laden want a truce.........Should we negotiate with him?

Arrange for a terrorism-soft ally too tease this "negotiation", and bring Bin Laden out from his caves. As soon as he shows his head, tell the sniper too take the shot.

Busta said:
Arrange for a terrorism-soft ally too tease this "negotiation", and bring Bin Laden out from his caves. As soon as he shows his head, tell the sniper too take the shot.

That's a good idea. I'm suprised we haven't tried it yet. I doubt anyone will say yes, but I'd like to see their argument.

Connecticutter said:
That's a good idea. I'm suprised we haven't tried it yet. I doubt anyone will say yes, but I'd like to see their argument.

Never say never my friend..........There are some really bleeding heart liberals in this forum that blame America for 9/11/01 not Bin Laden and like Murtha and Dean believe we are losing in Iraq.....

Comrade Brian said:
Is there any reason not to?

Before I respond I want to make sure that I understand your position.

You believe that by negotiating we have nothing to lose. If we negotiate and the negotiations fail, then we're no worse than when we started. If we negotiate and we succeed, then we have a chance for peace.

Is this your position? If not, please explain.

Comrade Brian said:
Is there any reason not to?
Major reason not to...

If someone terrorizes to get what they want, and we do infact, appease them, then that says that what they've done works...

It's an incentive for that to become a standard...

If you kidnap someone, and say you want money for their release...and get it...

What's stopping you from doing it again?...and again?...and again?...

Negotiating with them is an acknowledgement that what they do works...You legitimize it..

My reason to do it is that I find the more we "fight" these "terrorists", the more hyped up and fanatical they get. E.g. having an immediate-family member killed. This is often a reason why people join groups such as al-Qaeda. And then when they kill say Americans, we get hyped up and fanatical about killing them. And you find yourself in a never-ending vicous circle, each side has more than enough reason to kill off the other, at least what most think, in some places Osama bin Laden is worshipped as a "freedom-fighter", in some places he is thought to be the anti-Christ, same is true for the US.

Comrade Brian said:
My reason to do it is that I find the more we "fight" these "terrorists", the more hyped up and fanatical they get. E.g. having an immediate-family member killed. This is often a reason why people join groups such as al-Qaeda. And then when they kill say Americans, we get hyped up and fanatical about killing them. And you find yourself in a never-ending vicous circle, each side has more than enough reason to kill off the other, at least what most think, in some places Osama bin Laden is worshipped as a "freedom-fighter", in some places he is thought to be the anti-Christ, same is true for the US.
Everything you've said is short term anger...

I'll take that over long term consequences any day...

You want to save the townhall now in order to destroy the city later...

You have fun with that...

Europe didn't negotiate with Bin Laden, why shouls America. The truce offering will be symbolic to the Muslims though, Bin Laden is trying to be like Saladin - probably the most noble Muslim man ever, who offered truces to his enemies when it benefited the Muslims. Saladin was never an all or nothing guy, victory or defeat.

I don't think this will effect the war anyway.

I think we should negotiate in the same manner Bruce did in the 5th element.:shoot

There that liberal enough for you?

FinnMacCool said:
I think we should kill bin laden but I also think that we shouldn't antagonize muslims into radicalism.

*****Is it just me or does that picture of Finn look like a younger reincarnation of Hitler? Kind of ironic since your avatar shows the swasticker being thrown into a can. Take a closer look at this fellow and give me your take.

ptsdkid said:
*****Is it just me or does that picture of Finn look like a younger reincarnation of Hitler? Kind of ironic since your avatar shows the swasticker being thrown into a can. Take a closer look at this fellow and give me your take.

It's George Orwell. You never heard of George Orwell?? What do they teach you in school over there???

Garza is right, its George Orwell. But how does he look like Hitler? Its also "swastika" not "swasticker"

DeeJayH said:
simply put
We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists. PERIOD
that is our policy

Did you notice that not many liberals are voting in the poll and a couple of them that did said we should negotiate with Bin Laden..........

Comrade Brian said:
My reason to do it is that I find the more we "fight" these "terrorists", the more hyped up and fanatical they get.

They were plenty hyped up and fanatical before we took the fight to them. Surely you're not suggesting we appease them?

Comrade Brian said:
E.g. having an immediate-family member killed. This is often a reason why people join groups such as al-Qaeda. And then when they kill say Americans, we get hyped up and fanatical about killing them. And you find yourself in a never-ending vicous circle, each side has more than enough reason to kill off the other

So by your logic, no war will ever end. The American Revolution and the War of 1812 will never end. The Civil War will never end. World Wars 1 and 2 will never end. etc.

They were plenty hyped up and fanatical before we took the fight to them. Surely you're not suggesting we appease them?
No not appease them, leave them to themselves and then they will run out of steam.
So by your logic, no war will ever end. The American Revolution and the War of 1812 will never end. The Civil War will never end. World Wars 1 and 2 will never end. etc.
No, the difference is that the wars you listed were between govts., this is between a govt. and say "guerrillas", a guerrilla war is more uncontrollable and can't be stopped automatically, but can be reduced, by eliminating the cause for it. But still many people still treat the wars you listed like they are still fighting.
We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists. PERIOD
that is our policy
We've done it before.

Last edited:
dogger807 said:
I think we should negotiate in the same manner Bruce did in the 5th element.:shoot

There that liberal enough for you?

Dang! You beat me to it:

The Fifth Element

Korben Dallas: We need to find the leader, Mangalores won't fight without the leader.
Aknot: One more shot, and we start killing hostages!
Korben Dallas: That's the leader.
Aknot: Send someone to negotiate.
Fog: [as Dallas looks at him] Uh, I-I've never negotiated before.
Korben Dallas: Do you mind if I try?
Fog: No, sure, sure, sure.
[shouts]
Fog: We're sending somebody in to negotiate!
[Corben walks into the room and shoots Aknot between the eyes. As he falls, the other Mangalores drop their weapons and bow over him, keening]
Korben Dallas: Anybody else want to negotiate?
Fog: Wh-where did he learn to n-negotiate like that?
President Lindberg: [looking at General Munro] I wonder.

You can't negotiate with animals. All that can be done is to kill them, especially when they have rabies.

Comrade Brian said:
No not appease them, leave them to themselves and then they will run out of steam.

For some reason, that plan of action is not very assuring.

Back
Top Bottom