• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should we go back to wearing 18th century clothing?

Should we go back to wearing 18th century clothing?

• Yes, we should because it looks the coolest.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No, we shouldn't because it would be silly.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • George Washington has a screw loose.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

George_Washington

DP Veteran
Reaction score
United States of America and proud of it!
Political Leaning
Conservative
This forum says it includes art, so I thought I would post this here.

It seems in modern times, we have lost an appetite for art and good looking fashion. There are good designers out there but I think most stuff nowadays is bland, conservative, and only functional.

It seems like as we get more, "high-tech," we get less away from fashion, which I find to be disturbing. For one thing, we're all getting so fat in America that it's hard for most of us to wear fitted shirts and other types of form fitting clothing. I think if we all started becoming more fashion conscious, it would encourage us to lose weight. I hate clothes that are overly baggy like that hip hop look because they look bad and it also encourages people to gain weight. I tend to like thin women. I've dated fat girls but I like women who are built like super models. I don't like overly skinny women but just women who have curvey figures but are still thin.

Anyway, I like clothes and I wonder if fashion actually reached it's height back in the 18th century.

Would you wear 18th century clothing to work every day, if you could?

No way. Women typically didn't wear pants back then, and I'm much more comfortable in a pair of jeans. I don't mind wearing skirts, but no way would I wear full length skirts with petticoats underneath.

They didn't even wear shorts back then! As a Southerner, the thought of not wearing shorts in the summer isn't even conceivable. :mrgreen:

Stace said:
No way. Women typically didn't wear pants back then, and I'm much more comfortable in a pair of jeans. I don't mind wearing skirts, but no way would I wear full length skirts with petticoats underneath.

Well, I was thinking mostly about men. I would still to see attractive ladies such as yourself wear more revealing clothing :mrgreen:

George_Washington said:
Well, I was thinking mostly about men. I would still to see attractive ladies such as yourself wear more revealing clothing :mrgreen:

Ok, that makes a bit more sense...I mean, you said you like the curvy ladies, so it sure wouldn't make sense for you to suggest they cover up and hide those curves!!

It seems in modern times, we have lost an appetite for art and good looking fashion
In your opinion we would, but many others disagree

There are good designers out there but I think most stuff nowadays is bland, conservative, and only functional.
I find that rather good, things waste less resources, and are cheaper.
It seems like as we get more, "high-tech," we get less away from fashion, which I find to be disturbing
Again, some think its fashionable, I don't agree a lot of it is.
For one thing, we're all getting so fat in America that it's hard for most of us to wear fitted shirts and other types of form fitting clothing
Actually, a majority of people aren't fat. And some are also way too skinny.
I think if we all started becoming more fashion conscious, it would encourage us to lose weight
Some people think its fashionable to be fat(don't ask me who). But also this can bring in a bad result too, because some may take it as we must be skinny as can be, which is also very unhealthy.
I hate clothes that are overly baggy like that hip hop look because they look bad
I think they look bad too, but that's my opinion.
I tend to like thin women
Its better to be just right than thin or fat.
Would you wear 18th century clothing to work every day, if you could?
No, they are usually overly bulky, quite expensive, and a waste of resources. I myself think early 20th cen. is fashionable.

Back
Top Bottom