• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should we change the judicial system?

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
As things stand we have a system where the accused are afforded the presumption of innocence, allowed to defend themselves, are allowed to have witnesses on their own behalf and allowed to have an impartial jury.

Based on several recent cases (George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks, Breonna Taylor and others) there is no question but that a whole lot of Americans are unhappy with that system. Should we change the laws and get rid of the 4th, 5th and 6th Amendments? Doing so would allow all investigation to be conducted through Twitter videos, blogs and chat rooms. There would be no requirement that accusers entertain counter-evidence and no requirement that one accused of a crime be afforded any defense whatsoever.

Would that solve the problem with riots? If we merely sacrificed a few freedoms in an effort to pacify a passionate, active and entitled segment of society that we know has already suffered hundreds of years of oppression would they stop their aggression and be satisfied?

As things stand we have a system where the accused are afforded the presumption of innocence, allowed to defend themselves, are allowed to have witnesses on their own behalf and allowed to have an impartial jury.

Based on several recent cases (George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks, Breonna Taylor and others) there is no question but that a whole lot of Americans are unhappy with that system. Should we change the laws and get rid of the 4th, 5th and 6th Amendments? Doing so would allow all investigation to be conducted through Twitter videos, blogs and chat rooms. There would be no requirement that accusers entertain counter-evidence and no requirement that one accused of a crime be afforded any defense whatsoever.

Would that solve the problem with riots? If we merely sacrificed a few freedoms in an effort to pacify a passionate, active and entitled segment of society that we know has already suffered hundreds of years of oppression would they stop their aggression and be satisfied?
Anarchists would love it.

Anarchists would love it.
Of course they would. The question is, "Would it stop them from starting riots"? If we allow them to be the sole arbiters of what is and is not "justice" and allow them to mete out penalties as they believe are "just" then would they stop rioting?

LMAO. Thanks for the laugh

Yes it is time to switch our system from law and order where even the accused are afforded their rights, innocent until proven guilty, to an emotional mob rule where the mob can accuse another and seek their own revenge. Abolish the police! Abolish the court system! Let the people create their own Kangaroo courts where the mob can issue their own justice.

LMAO. Thanks for the laugh
In another era it would be a laughable proposition. Today it is the reality that "Social Justice" demands. We are on the very edge of abandoning those rights I mentioned, as well as others.

🍿 (This should end in all kinds of fun.)

Yes it is time to switch our system from law and order where even the accused are afforded their rights, innocent until proven guilty, to an emotional mob rule where the mob can accuse another and seek their own revenge. Abolish the police! Abolish the court system! Let the people create their own Kangaroo courts where the mob can issue their own justice.
I'm kind of at the point where I figure handing Portland, for example, over to EXACTLY that kind of system might be necessary before people figure out how messed up an idea that really is.

White people being less racist would probably do more but if you want to wreck the constitution just to protect white supremacy...okay?

We should expand the Supreme Court to 13 member because of Senators Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham

All future decisions should only be announced on the 13th day of a month. where the 13th is on a Friday.
Each future decision is likely to be a HORROR SHOW

All decisions should also be announced in KY or MS in a building builtprior to 1950 to assure voters that our
country is going back to the Good Old Days when racism, inequality, corruption, and nepotism were normal.

In addition, police officers in KY and MS can kill as many African-Americans as they want without being
charged with murder. Does that make America Great Again?

Stupid hackish bait thread.

You know what we should do? Just defund the police. All this drama about tearing down the constitution by these anarchist america-haters.

Why wreck the whole country over a few bad apples?

Stupid hackish bait thread.

I would agree with you except that ten years ago if you told people that there would be a law in California that would allow sex between a 14-year-old and a 24-year-old, they would have called it a "stupid hackish bait thread."

Just like allowing abortion up to and until the moment of birth would have been considered "stupid and hackish," yet here we are.

Lutherf doesn't seem to have been keeping up. Someone wanna explain to him that the legal process is being followed in each of the cases he mentioned, and that people are allowed to have opinions about a thing before a jury has issued a verdict?

For all his feigned reverence of the legal system, I wonder if Lutherf would throw some of his self-righteous fury at someone for suggesting that OJ was guilty despite acquittal.

I would agree with you except that ten years ago if you told people that there would be a law in California that would allow sex between a 14-year-old and a 24-year-old, they would have called it a "stupid hackish bait thread."

Just like allowing abortion up to and until the moment of birth would have been considered "stupid and hackish," yet here we are.

This thread is not about "a law in California that would allow sex between a 14-year-old and a 24-year-old", and no state allows abortion "up to and until the moment of birth." Since you lied about the latter, I'd bet you are lying about the former.

However, as you are a new poster, I must thank you for throwing a bunch of completely ****ig moronic lies at me in a bid to spring a *gotcha*. That tells me I'm not likely to see you post anything worth reading. This is useful information, as there are an awful lot of posts here every day.

Lutherf is dishonestly trying to pretend that following the news, watching a video of cops kneel on a guy's neck for three minutes after he went completely limp, and forming an opinion about the case based on what one knows is equivalent with getting rid of the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments, which is as stupid as it is dishonest.

Last edited:
Lutherf doesn't seem to have been keeping up. Someone wanna explain to him that the legal process is being followed in each of the cases he mentioned, and that people are allowed to have opinions about a thing before a jury has issued a verdict?

For all his feigned reverence of the legal system, I wonder if Lutherf would throw some of his self-righteous fury at someone for suggesting that OJ was guilty despite acquittal.
Sure. The law is being followed. Then, when the law doesn't go the way the aggrieved masses want it to, they riot, loot, burn, vandalize and kill.

This thread is not about "a law in California that would allow sex between a 14-year-old and a 24-year-old", and no state allows abortion "up to and until the moment of birth." Since you lied about the latter, I'd bet you are lying about the former.

However, as you are a new poster, I must thank you for throwing a bunch of completely ****ig moronic lies at me in a bid to spring a *gotcha*. That tells me I'm not likely to see you post anything worth reading. This is useful information, as there are an awful lot of posts here every day.

Also, there are circumstances where abortion up to birth would be allowed if the doctor and the person who wants the abortion can justify it. The law is purposefully ambiguous...so...yeah

The thread about the ridiculous and I gave you two examples that would have been considered ridiculous just ten years ago...

Of course they would. The question is, "Would it stop them from starting riots"? If we allow them to be the sole arbiters of what is and is not "justice" and allow them to mete out penalties as they believe are "just" then would they stop rioting?
Nope. It wouldn't stop them at all.

Right. It would just validate their current tactics and encourage them to start doing more damage to get more agreement to more demands.
Those promoting this unrest are being well funded by moguls in finance/business, Hollywood, so called non-profits groups with a global interest, and foreign countries with an agenda to weaken the U.S. through chaos for a number of unpleasant reasons. The good news is our current DOJ is fully involved in getting to the bottom of who are the people funding all this mayhem. Sedition and Rebellion are serious felonies punishable by large fines and hard prison time.

According to 18 U.S. Code § 2384, sedition is a conspiracy inciting revolt or violence against a lawful U.S. authority with the goal of destroying or overthrowing it.

According to 8 U.S. Code § 2383, rebellion is inciting, assisting or engaging in any insurrection against the authority of the United States and U.S. laws, punishable by fines and 10 years in prison.

The bad news is if Biden wins the election nothing will become of such investigations.

Sure. The law is being followed. Then, when the law doesn't go the way the aggrieved masses want it to, they riot, loot, burn, vandalize and kill.

Yup. As we have seen. On repeat.
72EB1CE4-F4F7-4070-A66F-A559982FE68D.jpeg
0F4EB740-5450-40F1-B1FE-B26AC0719B39.jpeg
DD3510B2-CE68-46BB-BDED-3BD49502DA41.jpeg

Those promoting this unrest are being well funded by moguls in finance/business, Hollywood, so called non-profits groups with a global interest, and foreign countries with an agenda to weaken the U.S. through chaos for a number of unpleasant reasons. The good news is our current DOJ is fully involved in getting to the bottom of who are the people funding all this mayhem. Sedition and Rebellion are serious felonies punishable by large fines and hard prison time.

According to 18 U.S. Code § 2384, sedition is a conspiracy inciting revolt or violence against a lawful U.S. authority with the goal of destroying or overthrowing it.

According to 8 U.S. Code § 2383, rebellion is inciting, assisting or engaging in any insurrection against the authority of the United States and U.S. laws, punishable by fines and 10 years in prison.

The bad news is if Biden wins the election nothing will become of such investigations.
Somebody would have to be willing to investigate that kind of thing and nobody is going to bother.

Yup. As we have seen. On repeat.

You've got cops putting a spit mask on a guy that is spitting at them, a guy that exercised lawful self-defense when he was attacked by "peaceful protesters" and a guy that intentionally jumped in front of a police line that was clearing the area.

Look, I understand that you hate cops. You are free to hate cops and as many other people as you choose to hate. You are not, however, allowed to break the law in protest of those people you hate. If you do break the law then you are the one putting yourself at risk. It isn't the cop's fault if you get busted for being a useful idiot.

Those that are unhappy don't want justice; they want revenge, or to advance an ideology or because of some convoluted ideation.

Our system largely works as designed given that it's run by people and no infallible gods.

You've got cops putting a spit mask on a guy that is spitting at them, a guy that exercised lawful self-defense when he was attacked by "peaceful protesters" and a guy that intentionally jumped in front of a police line that was clearing the area.

Look, I understand that you hate cops. You are free to hate cops and as many other people as you choose to hate. You are not, however, allowed to break the law in protest of those people you hate. If you do break the law then you are the one putting yourself at risk. It isn't the cop's fault if you get busted for being a useful idiot.

What I got is another guy who has an amaaaaaaazing lack of cynicism for abusers in uniform. But hey, when they get holes in their faces cause of the bad apples, just remember you were okay with that.

Back
Top Bottom