• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should we bring back public executions?

Should we have public executions for our most violent criminals?

• Yes, they deserve to be publically humiliated for their crimes.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No, watching evil people being executed is too scary for me to handle.

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters
George_Washington said:
lol Dude, would you just calm down and stop with the constant insults? Maybe if you would just calm down and try to understand why we have the views that we do.
Because you're woefully lacking in morals, ethics and humanity? I understand you and your pals completely which is why in this thread I am employing constant insults because in this thread the concept of publicly killing anyone for any reason is so insulting to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that the appropriate response is to embarras and belittle the offenders, one of whom is you GW...

26 X World Champs said:
Because you're woefully lacking in morals, ethics and humanity? I understand you and your pals completely which is why in this thread I am employing constant insults because in this thread the concept of publicly killing anyone for any reason is so insulting to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that the appropriate response is to embarras and belittle the offenders, one of whom is you GW...

So were Winston Churchhill and President Eisenhower, "insulting to anyone with a modicum of intelligence," too for having the Nazis publically executed? I think if you re-examine history, you'll have a more open mind of things.

26 X World Champs said:

Do you support the military and what it stands for, in general?

George_Washington said:
So were Winston Churchhill and President Eisenhower, "insulting to anyone with a modicum of intelligence," too for having the Nazis publically executed? I think if you re-examine history, you'll have a more open mind of things.

"An open mind can lead to an empty head" is my motto.

George_Washington said:
Who says everything people believed in back in the 1300's was neccessarily bad? The fashion was kind of cool and the art was quite good.
No one said that everything in the 1300s was bad so why are you making false statements again?

What I said was that publc executions are barbaric and referred to the 14th century as the time in history that public executions were common and were a time that suggestions for executions in this thread originate.

26 X World Champs said:
No one said that everything in the 1300s was bad so why are you making false statements again?

What I said was that publc executions are barbaric and referred to the 14th century as the time in history that public executions were common and were a time that suggestions for executions in this thread originate.

Ok let's examine this concept, alright? You say public executions are barbaric. Why? Are wars barbaric? What about television or films? Who is to say that somebody will be more, "tramatized" by seeing someone executed in public rather than watching an extremely violent movie? Furthermore, who is to say that watching someone be publically executed would be more tramatic than being in a war?

George_Washington said:
The Holocaust is a uniquely evil moment in world history and not comparable to anyone on death row in the USA today, bar none.

For me personally as a child of Holocaust survivors (I'm first generation American) I have too many personal family tragedies to be objective about Nazis.

Regardless of what the Nazis did I would never have supported PUBLIC EXECUTION...wanna know why? I think it would be lowering myself to the level of the Nazis and I would like to believe that my ethics are higher and my standards are also higher.

26 X World Champs said:
The Holocaust is a uniquely evil moment in world history and not comparable to anyone on death row in the USA today, bar none.

For me personally as a child of Holocaust survivors (I'm first generation American) I have too many personal family tragedies to be objective about Nazis.

Regardless of what the Nazis did I would never have supported PUBLIC EXECUTION...wanna know why? I think it would be lowering myself to the level of the Nazis and I would like to believe that my ethics are higher and my standards are also higher.

Why is the Holocaust so much more unique as to not warrant the same kind of punishment and consideration for other mass murderers? If someone kills 12 people versus millions, murder is still murder.

Dude, would you really just try to have some consideration and understanding for my point of view? Lord knows I've done the same for you and other people on here in the past.

26 X World Champs said:
Of course I do! But I do not support the Iraq war but I do/did support the Afghani war.

War is not the same as a public execution no matter how you portray it.

I only asked you that question because you said that anyone who kills for any reason is insulting to people of intelligence. The War in Iraq is just. The people needed bailing out.

Yes, they deserve to be publically humiliated for their crimes.
No, watching evil people being executed is too scary for me to handle.
Maybe they should eat peanut butter until they tell wtf is going on with LOST

teacher said:
And how do the unwashed masses get to this place? I'm always in the mood for a good leer.

I'll pm you a link, you will only be able to see my display pic though, unless you have an account with them, which you can easily sign up for!!! For everyone else, sign up: www.myspace.com

Back
Top Bottom