• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should we boycott the World Cup 2022 in Qatar?

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

The football World Cup 2022 is hosted by Qatar. A small but rich desert country without any football culture. However, that seems to be the smallest problem about placing a World Cup in that country.

Corruption, ignorance of human rights and constructing workers dying because of bad working conditions. It’s all a description of Qatar, where the football World Cup 2022 is about to be held. Should all those facts be ignored, and the World Cup be processed just like everything is okay?

Europe should boycott the World Cup 2022 in Qatar – Exchange Students Blog

I say: Yes, we should! We really should!

Stupid place to hold a World Cup, but it’s too late now to change venues.

Isn't it a little late to be bringing all this up?

More about it:

In my opinion Europe needs to take a clear position against the World Cup in Qatar. More than has been done so far. The only right thing to do is that all European nations stay home. A common decision to boycott the World Cup.

It all started out in 2010 where Qatar very surprisingly won the vote, where an executive board of 22 members in the international football federation (FIFA) should decide whether the World Cup host should be Qatar or United States.

Europe should boycott the World Cup 2022 in Qatar – Exchange Students Blog

I would not expect European footballers to be playing in the desert.

I would not expect European footballers to be playing in the desert.

They shouldn't - if they have some sense and some honour left!

Sounds like European racism.

They should never have got the World Cup in the first place.

But they did.

And it will happen.

/thread.

not if you were the one making the decision and got all that cash under the table ;)
That’s the problem with FIFA and Olympic committees - they are organized crime outfits.

The Arabs bribed their way to get the venue.

That's one thing.
The other is that they use slave labour to build all the stadions etc ...

2022 is still some time away.
But we could already start boycotting!

I just see:

3 x yes
3 x no

I do not hope that 50 % here are in favour of slave labour.

They should never have got the World Cup in the first place.

But they did.

And it will happen.

/thread.

Pretty much. Too much money involved for any National FA to take a stand. It’s going to be weird though, i think it’s going to played in winter as well. This season and probably next are disrupted by Covid. Trying to get the qualifiers done and then pausing all the European leagues to fit in a winter World Cup is a logistical nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom