• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should we allow 30,000 deaths a year so 500 people can defend their TV sets?

Is 500 self defense cases a year enough to justify gun ownership?

• Total voters
Having your name on a registry or dossier is no big deal.

Losing your life due to gun violence IS a big deal.

I'd much prefer a list of every single gun owner in America, their address, and their place of work. That way, we can track down these people who have already shown a likelihood for violence by owning a gun

well now we know you're trolling, since most of them display their guns proudly and talk of it openly already, or wear their guns on their hip where it's legal

the idea of a closeted gun owner in a country where they're the majority or close to it, don't make me laugh

Here's the thing:

When President Hillary takes office in 2017, she will probably be tasked with appointing two new supreme court justices in her first term.

She will replace the gun nut justices with people who have common sense and respect the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." which guns take away.

Heller vs. DC will be overturned as soon as Hillary appoints her new justices.

Now there is nothing the gun nuts can to do to stop anything ranging from background checks to full confiscation

Cops won't give up their guns, all those Federal agencies who have armed themselves to the teeth won't give up their guns, the people protecting Hillary won't give up their guns. Oh, wait. I bet that you support guns, you just want the RIGHT PEOPLE to own them, right? And who determines who the right people are? Do you have any idea how many people are killed by their own government? How many people cops kill? How many off duty rouge cops have killed? Do you have any idea how undemocratic it is for the rich and powerful to be allowed armed security while keeping the masses unprotected?
I have never owned a gun but I will buy several if your scenario happens.

Sewer Flush Announcement:
Gun thread. Automatic double flush.

And imagine the police state that would be necessary to implement this . Or, having the entire world in "no-guns" for anyone .. agreement .. maybe in the year 20150 .. thanks to the nature of man ..Returning to 2015, and NOT 1815, as the Turtle would like, a COMPLETE dossier on every man , woman, and child would be necessary .. but who is to be trusted to read and use this mythical dossier ?
Thus, the beat goes on, and another 30,000 are killed ..

most of those 30,000 are suicides followed by felons being killed by other felons
and if LuddlyDickhead's wet dream came to pass. the number would be 10-50 times that and many of those would include gun banners

None of these idiots realize that guns are here to stay, first it would take a monumental effort to remove the ones in country, secondly even if you did remove every single firearm from the planet we have a lot of talented people in manufacturing in this country, there are shops just about everywhere that could make at least a crude firearm and many could make quite sophisticated ones. If prisoners can fashion crude firearms out of the materials available to them of course private citizens could. This is centuries old technology. Criminals will always have them, police will always show up late, I'm not willing to outsource my security to an underpaid understaffed police force. Neither should you.

Firearm violence is the symptom, wish we could refocus on fighting the disease.

when i was in afghanistan,many of the firearms we confiscated for locals entering post were handmade.legally they could own one atleast,but were not allowed on a military base,so we confiscated them,and they had to get them back when leaving.

many of my old buddies who switched to el paso have been running border missions,and many of the weapons they have confiscated were either homemade or old stock from the soviet union.

in terms of manufatring its not hard at all.when i was in cali,many gangbangers would use the guns for oney programs to sell their guns.many were ak-47 knock-offs made from old water pipes and cheap machining.they were designed to be fire a few times before jamming then tossed in a dumpster with no way of tracing it,for usually 50-100 bucks.many would murder other gangbangers,then trade them in for more money than they paid for it,then buy another.

most of those 30,000 are suicides followed by felons being killed by other felons
and if LuddlyDickhead's wet dream came to pass. the number would be 10-50 times that and many of those would include gun banners
Its funny how many of those gun free utopias people always talk about have a suicide rate approx even to or even higher than that found in the US. Meaning...people want to kill themselves...its going to happen.

I guess we can ban those tall buildings next....and trains.

Back
Top Bottom