• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Twitter ban Donald Trump?

Should twitter ban Donald Trump

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
He is the biggest troll on twitter. What are Twitter's terms of service? There are far less egregious offenses that have gotten people banned from Twitter.

If they want to? Yes, absolutely.

If he violates the ToS, habitually, sure why not?

If the goal is to further break America then yes. If the goal is to demonstrate that they dont believe in the Old America value of freedom then yes. If they want to be part of the problem rather than part of the solution then yes.

If the goal is to further break America then yes. If the goal is to demonstrate that they dont believe in the Old America value of freedom then yes. If they want to be part of the problem rather than part of the solution then yes.

LOL! If they banned Trump, he'd still be just as free as he is now.

So you believe the president doesn’t have to follow any rules and is above them all, got it.

He is the biggest troll on twitter. What are Twitter's terms of service? There are far less egregious offenses that have gotten people banned from Twitter.

They don't have the balls to ban the President.

He's not a troll. Stupid people just say he is trolling because they themselves are to dumb to see how stupid he is.

That's up to them. They're a private company and can do whatever they want that doesn't break an existing law.

I quickly scanned Twitter’s ToS and there’s really nothing there that’s he violated unless you want to claim his myriad insults abusive though even that doesn’t probably make the grade.

Caveat is that I’m basing this on the few tweets of his I’ve seen. I follow Darth Cheeto but I’m at best an infrequent user of twitter.

Let's recap. This is apparently okay for Twitter:

DjmWJePUcAMeDKi-e1533231117731.jpg

What did Laura Loomer do?

laura%20loomer.png

It's pretty clear what Twitter is up to.

That's up to them. They're a private company and can do whatever they want that doesn't break an existing law.

Should a telephone company be able to boot you from their service if you say something racist on a phone conversation with a friend?

Last year there was a story about how his position lets him get away with things ordinary people might be banned for.

I can't remember how the explanation was phrased though. Whether it was because of the public's right to hear from the president or something else.

Like how an ordinary Twitter user could get banned for promoting violence, but when Trump does it, it's government policy and so it's news, so we need to know. That might be how the reasoning went.

America is being broken now...by the right. Trump doesn't believe in the Old America value of freedom. ToS is the kicker.

The solution is for the republican party to go the way of the Whigs, into the dustbin of history.

Should a telephone company be able to boot you from their service if you say something racist on a phone conversation with a friend?

False equivalency - Twitter is not regulated by the FCC, like the phone company is, and the phone company cannot listen in to your conversation without a warrant from a court. However, the answer should be yes, if the phone company is a private company and the phone call where the conversation was held was freely broadcast by the call participants to the entire world over the phone company's equipment and it violated their terms of service agreement that you signed.

Should a baker be able to decide to not bake a cake for a gay wedding? They're a private company as well - see now, that is a valid equivalency.

False equivalency - Twitter is not regulated by the FCC, like the phone company is. However, the answer should be yes, if the phone company is a private company and the phone call where the conversation was held was freely broadcast by the call participants to the entire world over the phone company's equipment.

Why shouldn't Twitter be? What is my alternative to Twitter if I want to get my message out online? There's no one else like them. Gab has tried, but the internet companies have conspired to shut them down.

Should a baker be able to decide to not bake a cake for a gay wedding? They're a private company as well - see now, that is a valid equivalency.

Except that bakeries don't claim to be a public service for all people. There are thousands of bakeries in this country to choose from. What's my alternative to Twitter?

So you believe the president doesn’t have to follow any rules and is above them all, got it.

I believe, sir, that we are talking about what Twitter should do. Not what President Trump should do.

Why shouldn't Twitter be? What is my alternative to Twitter if I want to get my message out online? There's no one else like them. Gab has tried, but the internet companies have conspired to shut them down.

Except that bakeries don't claim to be a public service for all people. There are thousands of bakeries in this country to choose from. What's my alternative to Twitter?

You seem to not understand the definition of "public accommodation."

I am sure trump is a profit center and we all know...that's sacrosanct.

They would also lose a ton of money if they dumped Trump.

I believe, sir, that we are talking about what Twitter should do. Not what President Trump should do.

Hawkeye's comments were that the president should not be silenced for not following Twitter's TOS.

LOL! If they banned Trump, he'd still be just as free as he is now.
America is a country where people measure their freedom by how many guns they're allowed to own. You aren't getting much traction on your point, bro.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Yes, but not for the reason most would think. It would motivate Trump to go after social media censorship.

Why shouldn't Twitter be? What is my alternative to Twitter if I want to get my message out online?

I have a suggestion, but you aren't going to like it.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.
05ce0dee875f22c807a46886aafbe4cd.gif

Yes, they should do it right before the 2020 elections.

Back
Top Bottom