• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Tubbs have been tried as an adult?

Should Tubbs have been tried as an adult?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Overitall

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

She boasted that nothing would happen to her after he pleaded guilty due to Democrat District Attorney George Gascón's policies and laughed that she won't have to go back to prison or register as a sex offender. She also made explicit remarks about the victim that are unfit to print.

A secondary question to the primary one is whether Gascon should be removed as DA.

A secondary question to the primary one is whether Gascon should be removed as DA.
I live in Los Angeles.

I have no comment on the case cited by the OP, for I know nothing about it.

But, YES, Mr. G. should be recalled.

I understand that he came to Los Angeles after practicing his mischief in San Francisco for a while.

For people who do not know, he ran for district attorney of Los Angeles County because the then district attorney (an African American lady) was criticized for not indicting a Caucasian Dem fundraiser for allegedly inviting young African American men into his home for "romance" and drugs (which supposedly killed two of those young men). She was subsequently defeated for reelection.

Mr. G. is so liberal toward violent predators that even the liberal city council in tony Beverly Hills has voted to support his recall.

(He seems scared of recall -- especially after that school board recall election in San Francisco. So he has just announced that he is getting tougher with juvenile offenders. Yeah. Right!!!)

Absolutely Gascon should be removed as DA. He's obviously not committed to any "rule of law" the rest of adult society recognizes.

And the child molester was just two weeks shy of being 18 - a stretch of a technicality particularly given the nature of the crime, the attitude of the perpetrator, and his subsequent behavior ("transformation") since.

"I’m gonna plead out to it, plead guilty," Tubbs says in one recording. "They’re gonna stick me on probation, and it’s gonna be dropped, it’s gonna be done, I won’t have to register, won’t have to do nothing."​
"You won’t have to register?" her father asks on the other line later in the conversation.​
"I won’t have to do none of that," Tubbs replies.​
"So what are they going to do to you then?"​
"Nothing," Tubbs answers, then laughs.​

If that doesn't disturb you, nothing will.

100% should have been tried as an adult. Letting a child molester go....good gravy.

I understand that we punish some shit we could probably do probation and community service for, and that we do need to reform laws and prison. But you can't go light on child molesters. This individual should have been prosecuted as an adult.

Absolutely Gascon should be removed as DA. He's obviously not committed to any "rule of law" the rest of adult society recognizes.

And the child molester was just two weeks shy of being 18 - a stretch of a technicality particularly given the nature of the crime, the attitude of the perpetrator, and his subsequent behavior ("transformation") since.

"I’m gonna plead out to it, plead guilty," Tubbs says in one recording. "They’re gonna stick me on probation, and it’s gonna be dropped, it’s gonna be done, I won’t have to register, won’t have to do nothing."​
"You won’t have to register?" her father asks on the other line later in the conversation.​

It makes my skin crawl. Where is the justice for this young lady?
Gascon should be forced to resign.

It makes my skin crawl. Where is the justice for this young lady?
Gascon should be forced to resign.
I thought I read where there's a recall taking place. Too late for justice for the young lady. I know we have double jeopardy laws, but since the creep was originally tried as a child I wonder if he can't be retried as an adult. Why couldn't his sentence be appealed? Sentences that are considered excessive are appealed all the time. Why not those that are too lenient?

100% should have been tried as an adult. Letting a child molester go....good gravy.

I understand that we punish some shit we could probably do probation and community service for, and that we do need to reform laws and prison. But you can't go light on child molesters. This individual should have been prosecuted as an adult.
If I'm not mistaken usually children that have committed murder have been tried as adults. Even children that were much younger than this creep. What he did to this ten year old girl imo was the equivalent to murder. She will live with the trauma the rest of her life. The perp obviously thinks he/she got away with it. He/she wouldn't have if it was my daughter.

It did, which is why I posted this. I like to see how anyone could possibly support Gascon.

Back
Top Bottom