• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump visit Kenosha?

Should Trump visit Kenosha?

• Yes, burn baby burn

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • No, Trump is too disruptive a presence

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers on Sunday asked President Trump to "reconsider" his upcoming visit to Kenosha as the city continues to be roiled by protests after Jacob Blake, a Black man, was shot several times in the back by police last weekend. Mr. Trump's visit will be one week after two people were shot and killed at a protest over Blake's shooting.

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers asks Trump to "reconsider" Kenosha visit - CBS News

The Governor of Wisconsin told Trump not to come. That Trump will cause chaos.

Should Trump visit Kenosha anyways?

He shouldn't but he will, because he has never once turned down a chance to make things worse.

Trump is a genius of mass manipulation, this is must watch TV which is why he is doing it.

He shouldn't but he will, because he has never once turned down a chance to make things worse.

Biden get no press and Trump gets front page, that is what this is about.

Biden get no press and Trump gets front page, that is what this is about.

Well, that line about "No such thing as bad press?"

That only applies to Hollywood.

If is ok by you to tell the president that he can't go, would you also tell the so called reverend, race baiting (SHARPTON and company) to stay away from racial hot spots so as not to fan the flames of hatred? I bet you think that is different, don't you.

Trump is a genius of mass manipulation, this is must watch TV which is why he is doing it.

You're exactly correct.... It's free campaign time and footage, and puts him in the mainstream media. Then his campaign will use the footage as a backdrop to remind the electorate of what Democrat leadership looks like. He'd be dumb not to go.

Well, that line about "No such thing as bad press?"

That only applies to Hollywood.

pay better attention... it has worked for trump perfectly

Of course he’ll cause chaos. That’s the point.

Trump is seeing his numbers rising, so naturally he’ll attribute it to the growing chaos he’s feeding. By November the country’s going to be on fire, and that will either help trump or it will backfire spectacularly if voters in the middle catch on to the fact that where there’s chaos there’s trump, and where there’s trump there’s chaos.

Trump is the real life version of Leland Gaunt.

Last edited:
A waste of taxpayers' money to send him out for another photo op.

I would say 'yes' but only if it's Kenosha, Hell.

Yes Trump should visit Kenosha. It's unlikely that the visit will result in any serious problems. At some point there needs to be SOMEBODY that stands up at these places and says, "Enough is enough! The system is working but it needs time. Before we burn cities down, loot, riot, kill, etc., let's get the damned facts straight."

You're exactly correct.... It's free campaign time and footage, and puts him in the mainstream media. Then his campaign will use the footage as a backdrop to remind the electorate of what Democrat leadership looks like. He'd be dumb not to go.

The optics would be the most divisive seen yet. He's going there to video himself walking past storefronts with broken windows, burned out buildings and dumpster fires. He's going there to stand 'with the Blue' with his 'thumbs up' for the photo op. He's sure as Hell not going there to offer words of comfort to the mother whose son got shot 7 times in the back. He's drawing a demarcation line in the sand, that's exactly what he's intending to do, which is only going to pour gasoline on the fire.

The optics would be the most divisive seen yet. He's going there to video himself walking past storefronts with broken windows, burned out buildings and dumpster fires. He's going there to stand 'with the Blue' with his 'thumbs up' for the photo op. He's sure as Hell not going there to offer words of comfort to the mother whose son got shot 7 times in the back. He's drawing a demarcation line in the sand, that's exactly what he's intending to do, which is only going to pour gasoline on the fire.

And that will result in more right wing fanatics invading the cities, and more shootings and more deaths.

Yes Trump should visit Kenosha. It's unlikely that the visit will result in any serious problems. At some point there needs to be SOMEBODY that stands up at these places and says, "Enough is enough! The system is working but it needs time. Before we burn cities down, loot, riot, kill, etc., let's get the damned facts straight."

So you expect Trump to tell his supporters "enough is enough" and they should stop going to protests to incite violence? I doubt that, today he called them "patriots".

President Donald Trump on Sunday praised a pro-Trump caravan of activists whose presence appeared to contribute to violent clashes Saturday in Portland, Oregon.

The day after a man was shot and killed in confrontations between Black Lives Matter protesters and Trump supporters in Portland, he assailed only the anti-racism demonstrators.

Trump praises right-wing supporters, rails against protesters after unrest in Portland

Of course he’ll cause chaos. That’s the point.

Trump is seeing his numbers rising, so naturally he’ll attribute it to the growing chaos he’s feeding. By November the country’s going to be on fire, and that will either help trump or it will backfire spectacularly if voters in the middle catch on to the fact that where there’s chaos there’s trump, and where there’s trump there’s chaos.

Trump is the real life version of Leland Gaunt.

I'm sorry, in the middle of a pandemic he clearly ignored, that wreaked havoc across the country...

You think people are going to... "Catch On".

Your optimism never ceases to amaze me.

I hate to tell you this, but based on the fact that he's basically got away with what he's done at the post office and there's seemingly no way to stop him because stacking the Post Office with a massive donor and instructing him to dismantle it to stop opposition votes is magically not against the law or at the very least it'll be too late by the time it's worked it's way through the courts let me rain on your parade.

Your country is now Trumps country.

There's no longer anything he is not allowed to do and it doesn't matter how much chaos there is come November.

He will win and things will get worse.

Oh sure, maybe a vaccine comes out, maybe the stock market goes to Pluto... Perhaps the jobs numbers look good on paper.

But the damage being done to every facet of American society and politics is far too great at this point to rescue the situation.

Basically I'm saying, you're ****ed.

So you expect Trump to tell his supporters "enough is enough" and they should stop going to protests to incite violence? I doubt that, today he called them "patriots".

Trump praises right-wing supporters, rails against protesters after unrest in Portland

You guys are out of your minds. If the mere presence of people with opposing opinions causes you to perceive "violence" then I'm reasonably sure that there aren't enough coloring books, security blankets and safe spaces to save you.

Sending Trump in to "Get the Damned Facts Straight"...

I mean how are you THAT self unaware?

You guys are out of your minds. If the mere presence of people with opposing opinions causes you to perceive "violence" then I'm reasonably sure that there aren't enough coloring books, security blankets and safe spaces to save you.

So you support the vigilantes too? You at least have to admit you want more violence then.

So you support the vigilantes too? You at least have to admit you want more violence then.

I support peace and the preservation of private property. If the police either can't or won't do it then it falls to the people to do it for themselves.

I support peace and the preservation of private property. If the police either can't or won't do it then it falls to the people to do it for themselves.

No. What you are supporting is this...

I agree, someone and in particular Trump should be that someone, should stand up and say, 'enough'. But from the White House, not framed with burnt out stores or broken glass as the backdrop. That sends only one signal, the BLM protesters have to stop but not the MAGA anti-protesters. A rejection of mayhem and chaos has to be made from the White House.

Yes. Why not? There might be something he hasn't **** on yet.

He is the President of the USA, and he can go where he pleases. The Governor obviously thinks he is antifa.

Back
Top Bottom