• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump stop calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas?

Should Trump stop calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas?

• Yes

Votes: 48 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Given the evidence that Elizabeth Warren is not Native American, should Trump stop calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas?

The answer is uncategorically "yes".

No "given". No conditions. Never should have done it in the first place. Never should do it again.

Yes.

Yes.

Most of us wouldn't find it acceptable for our children to call their peer such a word, why shouldn't we hold our Presidential to higher standards than school children?

Should Trump stop acting like a petulant child, and start acting like the POTUS?

Same answer applies to both my question and the OP's.

Given the evidence that Elizabeth Warren is not Native American, should Trump stop calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas?

Have Trump's reasons for doing so changed?

Does she like the term now, or something?

Who cares what that bloated pig has to belch. Sorry , after dissing our fallen heroes I really have zero respect for him.

I think too often we forget those who died fighting for us were only in their twenties. Just beginning life and put their own lives on the line.

I will never forget what so many sacrificed for us.

Who cares what that bloated pig has to belch. Sorry , after dissing our fallen heroes I really have zero respect for him.

I think too often we forget those who died fighting for us were only in their twenties. Just beginning life and put their own lives on the line.

I will never forget what so many sacrificed for us.

Can you explain what you are referring to when you say he dissed our fallen heroes. That is news to me.
Regards,
CP

Warren has mostly European genetic markers. However, the DNA analysis also identified 5 genetic segments as Native American in origin at high confidence.

The Cherokee nation insists on a documented lineage. But whether the Cherokee nation accepts the societal implications of Warren's genetic markers or not is immaterial to the core reality of the hard science.

And hell no, Trump should never have employed such a tacky and tawdry dog-whistle.

This is a silly and pointless question, since he won't stop.

But yes, he should, though not for the reasons you gave.

He never should have started with that or all the other names he calls people.

he will continue to show us what an idiot he is with every new insult and distraction, so i'd have to vote that i don't care if he does or not. he's the one with egg on his face since the DNA report. i understand that his cult tries to spin that the other way out of necessity, but i don't live in alternate reality, so i don't care about that, either.

My daughter's Pre-K has been very good at teaching the kids not to call each other names. I figure a man in his mid 70's should be held to at least the same standard as a 4 year old.

Can you explain what you are referring to when you say he dissed our fallen heroes. That is news to me.
Regards,
CP

"McCain was captured. I like war heroes that don't get captured." ( paraphrasing )

Trump should stop completely with all of his juvenile schoolyard nicknames.

My daughter's Pre-K has been very good at teaching the kids not to call each other names. I figure a man in his mid 70's should be held to at least the same standard as a 4 year old.

Good luck with that....

Should never have done it in the first place. What's next, will he call Kamala Harris 'Jemima'? Cory Booker 'Chicken George'? Ted Lieu 'Bruce?' POTUS should be above petty racial slurs that would get any 3rd grader detention.

President Trump should meet the same standard that the anti-Trumpatards hold themselves to.

As long as it's ok to call him a Nazi/fascist/Hitler/*****-grabber/racist/sexist/homophobe, it's ok for him to call anyone, anything he wants.

Given. As stupid a remark as he could make. I would bet, if he could take back anything he has ever said, that would be at the top of the list.
Regards,
CP

He hasn't died yet, CP. If he wanted to take it back, he could take it back at any time. He chooses not to take it back. That is on Trump.

If she was native American then the nickname wouldn't work. Spartacus should keep his nickname as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Should Democrats stop calling President Trump "the orange man?"

Should Democrats stop calling President Trump "the orange man?"

Yes. They should call him The Orange Nightmare, as he is more of a mouse than a man.

Back
Top Bottom