• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump shut down the government over the border wall?

So you dont have an issue throwing 800 bill around in a big reshuffle but you have an issue with using 5 for a wall and a door?

Do you have a fence? Keys to a vehicle or domicile? Working windows?

If not then at least you would then be consistent.

I support enhancing our border. Especially the southern one.

You're barking up the wrong tree Hoss.

I support enhancing our border. Especially the southern one.

You're barking up the wrong tree Hoss.

So why complain? The polls were inaccurate before and they are likely inaccurate now. In continuing to keep his promises he would be solidifying his uniqueness among politicians.

If the Democrats would fund the wall, the government wouldn't get shut down.

Sooo when Trump doesn’t don’t get what he wants, he shuts the government down. Why doesn’t he just lie on the floor, kick his legs and hold his breath?

Should Trump shut down the government over the border wall?

Trump told the entire nation today on live TV that he will shut down the US government (Merry Christmas government employees) if he doesn't get $5 billion for his border wall.

So alright. I christen thee "Trumps Government Shutdown"

This is a war on Christmas.

If trump hadn't promised something so foolish he wouldn't have to shut down the government to keep his base happy.

I read a lot of what we can't do. How about you telling us what you would do to stop this flow of drugs and illegals.

There are about 5-6 billion people who live in worse conditions than those we consider poor in the U.S. Should we transport all of those folks here or only give preference to those who live close enough to sneak in.

We are already doing a lot and the Dems have already agreed to an additional 20 billion for border security. The so called flow of immigrants has gone from a flood to a trickle over the past ten years. and with more man power and the use of additional electronic security devices, I think that the trickle will become even less. We will never be able to stop all of those either coming here for a better life or those who are bringing drugs into this country, but to spend billions on a wall is just stupid.

They did not have an issue with the foolish Barack Hussein Obamas porculus bill that redistributed 800 billion plus.

The Five Biggest Failures From President Obama's Stimulus Law

Staggering hypocrisy.

Do you see who wrote that article, lol. For all those who apposed the stimulus seem to forget that after it was out there that all at once the economy started to perk up. Within two years of the deepest recession since the great depression the economy and jobs once again began to grow and continued to this day.

So why complain? The polls were inaccurate before and they are likely inaccurate now. In continuing to keep his promises he would be solidifying his uniqueness among politicians.

You do remember that Mexico was going to pay for the wall, not the American public. That was his chant at every time, what are we going to build, and the crowd yelled "a wall". And Trump would say and who is going to pay for the wall, and the crowd would tell, "Mexico will pay for the wall". I will be glad to have the wall built as soon as Mexico pays for the wall.

We are already doing a lot and the Dems have already agreed to an additional 20 billion for border security. The so called flow of immigrants has gone from a flood to a trickle over the past ten years. and with more man power and the use of additional electronic security devices, I think that the trickle will become even less. We will never be able to stop all of those either coming here for a better life or those who are bringing drugs into this country, but to spend billions on a wall is just stupid.

So much smarter to spend billions on the existing fence. Tired of the trite slogans being regurgitated of partisans.

Pelosi and Schumer both agreed with Trump that they wanted better border control.....Just not a wall...Trump had a Republican Congress and Senate for the last two years and still couldn't get wall...Time for the Don to compromise...

Look at it this way, if Trump was fiscally conscious, the unnecessary expense would not even be an idea. Trump is just trying to feed his base and his ego and does not worry about the cost.

Nonetheless, a government shut down would be his on him (he said it clearly today) and would affect 750,000 government workers during Xmas and would affect many thousands of companies and millions of workers in those companies because government contracts would not be paid.

By the way, Trump is using Coercion and Ransom to obtain what he wants. When has paying Ransom ever been an intelligent thing to do? It just stimulates more criminality and solves nothing.

Well, here's the deal.

Trump's campaign promise to build the wall, was to build the wall and "Mexico is going for it!"

If Mexico wants to pay for it, be my guest. A fool and his money.......

But, in no way are American citizens obligated to pay for this rediculous fantasy.

I think, if the dems wanted to extend an olive branch, to help POTUS save face, they would offer to match whatever Mexico volunteers to pay.

Other than that, they have every right to spend our border protection dollars in a more practical and sensible way, if they decide to.

Ol' Trumpy's mouth wrote a check his ass can't cash. That's all on him.

View attachment 67245872

I don't know why the Retrumplicans can't start several GoFundMe accounts to fund the wall. They always talk about how they don't want their money going towards things they don't think government should pay for. Well, we don't think government should pay for a wall either.

I read a lot of what we can't do. How about you telling us what you would do to stop this flow of drugs and illegals.

There are about 5-6 billion people who live in worse conditions than those we consider poor in the U.S. Should we transport all of those folks here or only give preference to those who live close enough to sneak in.

First of all, Illegal aliens and illegal drugs is a world-wide problem that exists everywhere. With Illegal drugs it is not a matter of stopping the entry of them but in stopping the need for them. The use of illegal drugs has gone up around the world and closing borders will not stop it because most of the illegal drugs are brought in through legal ports of entry.

Illegal aliens is also a world-wide problem because every day there are more people in the world and more people running away from horrible situations in their country. Nonetheless, link below will show that here in the U.S., there has been a strong drop in Illegal aliens for the past 10 years, meaning that the problem is not as bad as Trump has made it to be.

Read all about it at this link:

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/22/622246815/unauthorized-immigration-in-three-graphs

So you dont have an issue throwing 800 bill around in a big reshuffle but you have an issue with using 5 for a wall and a door?

Do you have a fence? Keys to a vehicle or domicile? Working windows?

If not then at least you would then be consistent.

This is not about trying to mimic or even beat the predecessor, it is about solving the problem. As such, why mention what may or may not have happened before. It is like saying, I will kill you because your father killed my father.

Is that what you want?

Many experts say that the border wall will not stop illegals entering the country. It may slow a few down who are trying to make it on their own, but those who pay the coyotes will get here just the same. Why we will spend in the end probably 30-40 billion dollars on a political boondoggle is beyond me. DO you think we shoould build the wall? Do you think it is worth the cost to our economy to have Trump shut down the government to force the building of a wall?

You forgot to say that the truth is that if Trump gets his wish to build a wall, the people that are going to be paying for it is you and I. It certainly won't come out of Trump's pocket and it certainly will only be a small dent to the rich. It is you and me that will be paying for the wall.

Is that what the Republican really want? I thought they wanted more money in their pocket and not more more out of their pocket?

I don't know why the Retrumplicans can't start several GoFundMe accounts to fund the wall. They always talk about how they don't want their money going towards things they don't think government should pay for. Well, we don't think government should pay for a wall either.

They could do benefit Concerts featuring Kidd Rock-Hank Jr-Ted Nugent.....The usual Red Neck trash.....Rock for the Wall.....Even if only 10 miles get built it will be a Red Neck vacation site...Bars,Burgers T-shirt shops.....A Money Maker

They could do benefit Concerts featuring Kidd Rock-Hank Jr-Ted Nugent.....The usual Red Neck trash.....Rock for the Wall.....Even if only 10 miles get built it will be a Red Neck vacation site...Bars,Burgers T-shirt shops.....A Money Maker

And they could emblazon Trump's name on it. "Trump Wall" sounds too basic, but its been "Trump Steaks", "Trump University" so I guess the name is good enough.

And they could emblazon Trump's name on it. "Trump Wall" sounds too basic, but its been "Trump Steaks", "Trump University" so I guess the name is good enough.

It could be like a Sturgis Deal......A real magnet for the uneducated....They can stare in wide wonder then drink themselves into a stupor...You would only need 10 miles or so...Think of the photo opportunity's?

Back
Top Bottom