• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump resign?

Should Trump resign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes you think Trump got a better deal on NAFTA 2.0?
What make you think Trump got a worst deal?
He got pretty much the same deal with Canada and a managed deal over cars and trucks with Mexico. That's pretty much it.

If he doesn't take off steel and aluminum tariffs, he won't even get that.

You come across like someone who his head stuck in the Angry Middle-Age White Male Rightwing Religous Traditionalist Open Mouth Media Echo Chamber.
What does that have to do with loony leftists lib-tards jumping on the Trump Russia collusion conspiracy theory band wagon?
It's the use of juvenile terms like "lib-tard" that gives the echo chamber impression.

He got pretty much the same deal with Canada and a managed deal over cars and trucks with Mexico. That's pretty much it.

If he doesn't take off steel and aluminum tariffs, he won't even get that.

Oddly, Wall Street seems not nearly as wise as you. Has that given you pause, or do you have some well worn saw about the rich getting richer?
Regards,
CP

I think the country is quite sick of the entire Trump / Russia / Collusion / Obstruction / Election controversy. Now that we have FBI vetted proof, would resignation not be the best thing for the country? Impeachment is ugly and would guarantee a couple more years of this crap and I don't think anyone really wants it, especially if it will be blocked by Republicans.

Should Trump resign?

In the interest of the country, if he chooses not to resign, he owes it to America to step aside temporarily (see Amendment 25).

It is usual and customary in the private sector for persons with responsibility to take a leave of absence when they have personal issues that are distractions from the professional obligations to take a leave of absence so they can focus their attention on personal matters and prevent those personal matters from interfering with what the company needs done.

With 16 ongoing state and federal investigations and his demonstrated inability to not let his personal affairs interfere with his job, Trump, if he cared about the country, would take a leave of absence to take care of his personal matters and let the nation's business be handled by the capable hands of Pence. Of course, Trump does not care one iota about America, only himself. There is no way he would give up the attention and spotlight that comes with the job. So, we all get dragged into his personal s--- and the nation's business takes a back seat.

What he got was a weak managed trade deal on cars with Mexico and not much else.
Do you have anything of proof to back up anything you say, except beating your gums.
Oops. Another Trumpite with poor manners...

Trump’s new trade deal is better for workers than NAFTA was

Leaders of the United States, Mexico and Canada have just signed their new trade deal to replace NAFTA.
It won't be ratified if Trump does remove his aluminum and steel tariffs.

For one, it increases the amount of dairy products that US farmers can export to Canada without tariffs, while allowing more Canadian peanut products into the United States untaxed.
Very, very minor stuff.

It also requires US automakers to use more car parts made in the United States to avoid tariffs.
It doesn't apply to Canada.

But the most striking difference from NAFTA involves protections for workers in all three countries. Mexico has agreed to pass laws giving workers the right to real union representation, to extend labor protections to migrant workers (who are often from Central America), and to protect women from discrimination.

American auto companies that assemble their cars in Mexico would also have to use more US-made car parts to avoid tariffs, which would help US factory workers. And about 40 percent of those cars would have to be made by workers earning at least $16 an hour — three times more than Mexico’s minimum wage for an entire work day.

And unlike NAFTA, the new deal allows each country to sanction each other for labor violations that impact trade. It’s a complex, multi-step process modeled after similar protections in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a trade deal that Trump pulled the United States out of after taking office.
All this does is slow down farming out auto and auto parts production to Mexico.

In the interest of the country, if he chooses not to resign, he owes it to America to step aside temporarily (see Amendment 25).

It is usual and customary in the private sector for persons with responsibility to take a leave of absence when they have personal issues that are distractions from the professional obligations to take a leave of absence so they can focus their attention on personal matters and prevent those personal matters from interfering with what the company needs done.

With 16 ongoing state and federal investigations and his demonstrated inability to not let his personal affairs interfere with his job, Trump, if he cared about the country, would take a leave of absence to take care of his personal matters and let the nation's business be handled by the capable hands of Pence. Of course, Trump does not care one iota about America, only himself. There is no way he would give up the attention and spotlight that comes with the job. So, we all get dragged into his personal s--- and the nation's business takes a back seat.

So far as what has been proven, his only problem is those wishing to change election results by throwing mud(another might choose a different word)to see what, if anything sticks. How about getting off his back and let him soar. We have another election, let's see how that turns out, shall we? It has worked pretty well for a couple hundred years.
Regards,
CP

Last edited:
Canada and Mexico have said they won't ratify the new NAFTA until Trump removes tariffs on aluminum and steel.
Now that is really having leverage over Trump, if you don't lift the tariffs on aluminum and steel we won't sign the deal. OK fine with me. I like the tariffs against Canada and Mexico, they've been ****ing us long enough. Leave the tariffs on.
We have a trade surplus (goods and services) with Canada. Moreover, the trade pattern with them had us selling them finished goods with them selling us raw materials. So, what's this BS about them "****ing us long enough?"

BTW you just admitted the new agreement is good for the US, if it was good for Canada and Mexico they would sign it in a minute.
It's only significant change is managing car manufacturing with Mexico. Canada and Mexico will sign if we remove the tariffs.

God rest President Kennedy, but I can't agree he was the best for the country at the time. I am a child of the sixties and subject to the draft for a war in Viet Nam that he supported, and cost us countless mother's tears. The others you mention were better suited for their time.
Blame LBJ. JFK was going to pull out after the 1964 election.

Oddly, Wall Street seems not nearly as wise as you. Has that given you pause, or do you have some well worn saw about the rich getting richer?
What makes you think Wall Street disagrees with my assessment of NAFTA 2.0?

Man you are in left field on this and are so wrong. In about 6 weeks you are going to find out just how wrong you were.

I keep noticing this "threat" of imminent happenings. Are the Russians going to release Hilary's emails? Please be more specific.

So far as what has been proven, his only problem is those wishing to change election results by throwing mud(another might choose a different word)to see what, if anything sticks. How about getting off his back and let him soar. We have another election, let's see how that turns out, shall we? It has worked pretty well for a couple hundred years.
Regards,
CP

Again, he is the subject or target of 16 investigations and is personally obsessing over them. He is a distraction, so he should step down for a while. I know that isn't going to happen as I pointed out that he does act in a manner of what is good for the country (he doesn't care), but in the private sector, the board would have insisted that the CEO take a leave of absence and come back once he had his personal affairs in order.

What makes you think Wall Street disagrees with my assessment of NAFTA 2.0?

I would suggest to you that Wall Street is a heckuva lot more savvy than you or I and it has literally approved with dollars to our 401k's and dividend's. Those wise dollar guru's approve of the President. What do you use as a measure of financial success? By the way, I think you have an uninformed view of Board's of Director.
Regards,
CP

Blame LBJ. JFK was going to pull out after the 1964 election.

Sure he was. What changed from his stated position prior to the horror of Dallas? My friend, President Kennedy was set to continue what then was considered the best interest of the U.S. Of course, in retrospect, he was wrong. I respect and admire President Kennedy, but the course at that time was set and I don't know if he could or would have changed it. That is the disaster of assassination.
Regards,
CP.

Fuhrer? Is that some cute name you have ascribed to one who doesn't agree with you? Name calling is childish and cheap. The hyperbolic cuteness is wearing thin.
Say something, or don't.
Regards,
CP

Its called mockery using a reference. Chillax, it will be healthier for you ;)

I think the country is quite sick of the entire Trump / Russia / Collusion / Obstruction / Election controversy. Now that we have FBI vetted proof, would resignation not be the best thing for the country? Impeachment is ugly and would guarantee a couple more years of this crap and I don't think anyone really wants it, especially if it will be blocked by Republicans.

Should Trump resign?

I think all the Democrats, who made the false accusation of Russian collusion, need to resign. They wasted a lot of time pursuing a delusion. There is something psychologically wrong with them. They are still stuck in another conspiracy theory. Why would you want these morons to not resign? The Democrats who get caught under the new AG Barr investigations, will be forced to resign or face jail for they role in the failed Coup. Rosenstein made a deal and is singing like a canary.

Trump, in spite all of the false accusations, fake news, two faced hypocrites and foot dragging, still accomplished a lot of things. This shows a high level of competence, even under constant fire and sabotage. Why would you want competence to resign and delusional do nothing back stabbers maintain office? That is irrational.

The bottom line is Trump will be hard to beat in a fair campaign in 2020. The only chance in hell the Democrats have, is to double down with the lying and cheating. But they have shown, they can't even lie and cheat very effectively.

The Democrats really need to forget about the presidency. This is a Trump victory. They should worry more about all the seats they are going to lose in the Senate and Congress. The do-nothing but lie and gossip Democrats, will get the boot, so the country can heal. Everyone would like to see what Trump can do, if he has cooperation. He did a lot with one hand tied behind his back. Two hands free will be remarkable.

According to this poll, Trumps winning...quick, open the southern borders so we can get some more votes.

So obvious, and been going on for years folks.

...and das whut it is.

God rest President Kennedy, but I can't agree he was the best for the country at the time. I am a child of the sixties and subject to the draft for a war in Viet Nam that he supported, and cost us countless mother's tears. The others you mention were better suited for their time.
Regards,
CP

Understand, Viet Nam was controversial, and it did cost us countless mothers tears. Our involvement in WWII caused the same tears. So did 911 and Pearl Harbor and so on. Iraq many say that was not a justified war, but it was approved by congress. So in that case if you were against the Iraq war you have to blame everyone in Congress that voted for the war.

War is as ugly as it gets, and hind sight should always be taking in any new decision. Reagan's famous saying "trust but verify" he knew that back then but from that time when reagan was out of office that quite has not been upheld. We have agreements that do not include, inspections anytime anywhere, thus making any deal worthless.

Read the report. Mueller specifically said congress could go that route. You can stamp your feet for cheeto benito but if you refuse to read the report you have no business commenting on this.

You have no idea what the hell your talking about, show me where congress has indicated anyone. They can go to the AG and ask if they would investigate the obstruction theory. That has already been done and Barr and Rosinsteine reviewed the Mueller report and came to the same conclusion, no Obstruction. All that Congress can do is impeach.

Bone up

You have no idea what the hell your talking about, show me where congress has indicated anyone. They can go to the AG and ask if they would investigate the obstruction theory. That has already been done and Barr and Rosinsteine reviewed the Mueller report and came to the same conclusion, no Obstruction. All that Congress can do is impeach.

Bone up

Lol so you didnt read the report at all. Go figure.
I am only interested in the report itself.
https://theintercept.com/2019/04/18...nded-you-a-roadmap-for-impeachment-follow-it/
Listen to special counsel Robert Mueller. “With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has authority to prohibit a President’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice,” he writes, adding: “The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.”

Barr is a liar and we know Trump tried to fire Mueller. He was saved only by his patsies.

So what you're saying is you don't have a shred of intellectual honesty? Oh. OK. I concur. Mueller clearly stated that Trump obstructed justice.

If you haven't read the report, why are you trying to comment on it?

Wow! Trump haters are like a bunch of dying ants grasping onto a straw. I never have witnessed anything like it!
Trump railed against Mueller to all his aides & apparently told McGahn to fire Mueller, whoop do damn do!
Also the fact that Trump did not press the matter isn't evidence of evildoing it's only evidence of exasperation.

Doesn't Trump have the right to complain about this stumbling block to moving forth with his agenda?
Trump aloud McGahn to spend 30 hours with Mueller's crew & that's the reason McGhans exchanges with Trump
became known! Actually this is established evidence of Trump's cooperation with the investigation, not evidence of obstruction

Lol so you didnt read the report at all. Go figure.
I am only interested in the report itself.
https://theintercept.com/2019/04/18...nded-you-a-roadmap-for-impeachment-follow-it/

Did you read the link you sent. It about impeachment, Congress has no power to indict anyone. Period Where in the hell do you get this creap.

Listen to special counsel Robert Mueller. “With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has authority to prohibit a President’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice,” he writes, adding: “The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.”

Now where in what you posted states Congress can indict anyone. The they can impeach but that's it. Mueller does not have the authority to provide "indictment powers" to congress.

I asked for proof and you provided nothing. Absolutely nothing, and I ask you to prove to me that congress has in the past indicted someone of a crime.

Barr is a liar and we know Trump tried to fire Mueller. He was saved only by his patsies.

You are so out of it. Barr is a liar, what did he lie about? Yes that is a question.

Trump tried to fire Mueller. The president doesn't try to fire anyone he just does it or not. If he tried, then who stopped him, there is no one that can stop Trump from firing Mueller.

Back
Top Bottom