• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump publish his tax returns?

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I am a Democrat Yes
I am a Democrat - No
I am a Republican- Yes
I am a Republican- No
I am other- Yes
I am other- No
Other - Pls explain

Who cares?

Would it be okay if somebody hacks the IRS and gives Trump's tax returns to Wiki-Leaks?

Does it change anything in the grand scheme of things?

If he has nothing to hide, than it won't be a big deal, will it...?

No. No reason at all.

His income tax returns are no business of anyone's other than the IRS, his accountant...and perhaps his wife.

Anyone who thinks someone's income tax records should be a matter for the public eye? Feel free to set the example and post all of yours on the internet for the world to see. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
If he has nothing to hide, than it won't be a big deal, will it...?

Romney was crucified because he was rich. So yea, the same thing would probably happen.

Personally, I don't care if he does. A presidential candidate not releasing his returns would not affect my vote, even if I was planning to vote for them.

Tactically, since every Presidential candidate has since 1972, he probably should just so people can't make an issue out of it.

I say he should do it. It's gonna help him, because Hillary won't be able to attack him anymore for not releasing his tax returns, and this whole issue will be put to rest.

Unless, he actually does have something to hide...

Because Trump having money would be news....how?

People knew Romney was rich. What hurt was the fact that he paid around 14% of his earned income, which was extremely low due to the type of income that it was. This hurt him in the general because even though he paid more in taxes than most see in a year, his rate was so low compared to his total amount made.

People knew Romney was rich. What hurt was the fact that he paid around 14% of his earned income, which was extremely low due to the type of income that it was. This hurt him in the general because even though he paid more in taxes than most see in a year, his rate was so low compared to his total amount made.

So being crucified is only for Democrats?

How many people have changed their vote because of a candidate's tax return?

Maybe if people worried about real issues and not trivial bull**** like this we wouldn't end up with the two worst candidates in the history of the universe.

Your tax return is your personal information and you should never have to disclose it to the general public.

If I disclose client information to a third party without some very specific authorization I can get hooked up with a misdemeanor, $1000 fine and a year in prison. Granted, that doesn't apply to an individual releasing their own information but you'd have to be an blithering idiot to do so.

Does it change anything in the grand scheme of things?

Can we get away from the Kung Fu - Teacher to Grasshopper analogies?

Okay? He was dumb when he said that too. This whole tax return thing is so stupid. The amount of money that someone made the prior year has no impact on their ability to run the nation.

So....you defend a stupid person who does and says stupid things....

Like I said...if he isn't hiding anything, why won't he release his tax returns? Warren Buffet is under audit too, and he is willing to release his.

Trump is just a *****.

So....you defend a stupid person who does and says stupid things....

Like I said...if he isn't hiding anything, why won't he release his tax returns? Warren Buffet is under audit too, and he is willing to release his.

Trump is just a *****.

I don't think I am defending Trump. The whole idea that candidates must release their personal tax information is stupid. Why does it matter how much money they made to the average person? Warren Buffet is the last person to talk, for someone that pretends to be for the small normal people, he uses every trick he can as well as shady things to avoid actually paying more.

Back
Top Bottom