• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump pardon Stone?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If we know anything about Mueller's indictments, they have the evidence. I do not think Mueller is going to offer Stone anything and this will go to trial and I would bet that Stone is found guilty on some if not all counts. So if this happens, do you think that Trump should then pardon Stone?

If we know anything about Mueller's indictments, they have the evidence. I do not think Mueller is going to offer Stone anything and this will go to trial and I would bet that Stone is found guilty on some if not all counts. So if this happens, do you think that Trump should then pardon Stone?

Should he?!

Would he pardon you or I for anything?

Unless there is something substantive we find out I say yes. Not sure what the lies were,but we know that many people go in front of congress and tell untruths. So unless we are for selective punishment I say have a speedy trial,convict Soviet style and pardon American style.

A bit early for this question. You need a conviction first!
Lets see what evidence Muller has and base a decision on that.

Of course, he should.

CNN even posted on their front page 'Roger Stone must have pissed off Robert Mueller.'

Roger Stone is being used as a pawn. Stone has honorably served presidents like Nixon, Reagan, and Bush. He could have easily been convicted decades ago however he wasn't until this whole Mueller witch hunt and now they want him to serve a life sentence in prison because they can't find any real crimes on Russian Collusion.

Ronnie Reagan and George H.W. Bush would be turning in their grave if they saw how the FBI is treating one of there own.

And what about the Democrat operatives that were trying to set up Don Jr to meet with the Russians.

It seems odd the Hillary Clinton camp and her friends colluding with Russia have been given a pass.

So you believe of the millions of people charged for crimes, it's Roger Stone in particular, who you support the president pardoning?
And his relationship to the president, and his committing felony lying to, obstruction, and witness tampering against the United States...these things you feel may be worthy of a pardon?

What happened to America and our so called Americans.

So you believe of the millions of people charged for crimes, it's Roger Stone in particular, who you support the president pardoning?
And his relationship to the president, and his committing felony lying to, obstruction, and witness tampering against the United States...these things you feel may be worthy of a pardon?

What happened to America and our so called Americans.

No I did not say that did I? Get a clue Stone is not convicted yet! TDS is a terrible thing. It's showing in the post above. :peace

Trump doesn't have a dog for Stone to threaten, so i think that he's ok if he decides not to issue a pardon.

No I did not say that did I? Get a clue Stone is not convicted yet! TDS is a terrible thing. It's showing in the post above. :peace
What about the other millions who have been convicted, I asked you. Why aren't you so iffy on whether or not they may deserve a pardon?
Hopeless.

If he wants to look stupid to liberals and if he wants to give is a reason to laugh.......sure. I'm game. Lmao

Trump should pardon everyone except the ingrate Cohen. This political hack job is only being pursued because of democrat lies

Trump should pardon everyone except the ingrate Cohen. This political hack job is only being pursued because of democrat lies

Yep, those are the ethics of a mobster, except you used the wrong word - it's not 'ingrate' but 'rat.' Please do better if you're going to push corrupt autocratic bull**** on DP. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Yep, those are the ethics of a mobster, except you used the wrong word - it's not 'ingrate' but 'rat.' Please do better if you're going to push corrupt autocratic bull**** on DP. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

The constitution gives the president autocracy on pardons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There still are limits. For example, he could not use a pardon for a corrupt purpose.

Today is Saturday.

The relevant point is using the power of the pardon to give get out of jail free cards to your corrupt, criminal associates is what happens in banana republics and...Russia.

All Hail Dear Leader!!

gadafx6-320x190.jpg

There still are limits. For example, he could not use a pardon for a corrupt purpose.

So Bill Clinton’s pardon of Susan McDougal wasn’t legally binding?

Today is Saturday.

The relevant point is using the power of the pardon to give get out of jail free cards to your corrupt, criminal associates is what happens in banana republics and...Russia.

All Hail Dear Leader!!

View attachment 67248889

People also breathe air and drink water in Russia and Banana republics, so what?

Unless there is something substantive we find out I say yes. Not sure what the lies were,but we know that many people go in front of congress and tell untruths. So unless we are for selective punishment I say have a speedy trial,convict Soviet style and pardon American style.

So, IOW, you're suggest that he be pardoned soviet-style, at the whim of Dear Leader.

Why would the pardon you mentioned be not legally binding?

Well you said you can’t pardon for “corrupt purposes” Clinton pardoned McDougal to reward her for not talking to Ken Starr

People also breathe air and drink water in Russia and Banana republics, so what?

We understand - an autocratic ruler who doesn't have to answer to the legislature or the courts or the people or even his own law enforcement agencies is a feature, not a bug, so long as the autocratic ruler owns the libs.

So, IOW, you're suggest that he be pardoned soviet-style, at the whim of Dear Leader.

Yup same as all past presidents have used the power of the pardon.

Back
Top Bottom