• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump pardon Stone?

You forgot about Hildabeast who lied about sending and receiving classified emails on her private server.

BUT HER EMAILS!! BUTWHATABOUTHILLARY!!!

Good stuff, and a unique take I think.

McDougal didn't want to end up face down in a marsh somewhere. That's why she went to prison for Billy. Billy thanked her with a pardon.

So do you think the Clinton pardon of MacDougal was not legal and for corrupt purpose? If so , what is your reasoning?

BUT HER EMAILS!! BUTWHATABOUTHILLARY!!!

Good stuff, and a unique take I think.

IF she were prosecuted and convicted, Trump would not pardon her.
Let that sink in. :)

If we know anything about Mueller's indictments, they have the evidence. I do not think Mueller is going to offer Stone anything and this will go to trial and I would bet that Stone is found guilty on some if not all counts. So if this happens, do you think that Trump should then pardon Stone?
It has to go to trial and he has to be convicted before a pardon even comes into play.

You forgot about Hildabeast who lied about sending and receiving classified emails on her private server.

In the final analysis, after Trump and his crime family are proven to be Russian conspirators and criminals, the reason why Trump did it will be a variation on the old Flip Wilson skit... "the Devil made me do it".

It will be a variation of 'Hillary was the spawn of Satan and simply had to be stopped by any means necessary'.

The right wing brainwashing of America only took their own members deeper an deeper into a willfully self adopted mental illness based on extremist right wing politics and prepared them to do anything to stop her.

Your post is a brick upon that path.

I still think about Comey who didn't have the authority to make that decision to NOT prosecute her and SMH how he got away with this.

He got away with it because Loretta Lynch had already compromised herself with the tarmac meeting with Billy. You're 100% right, though. Comey's job was to pass along his recommendation to DOJ, not flap his gums on TV.

IF she were prosecuted and convicted, Trump would not pardon her.
Let that sink in. :)

Oh, wow, I did let that sink in and.....MIND IS BLOWN!!! :shock:

Do you have a newsletter where I can get more fascinating insights like that?

If we know anything about Mueller's indictments, they have the evidence. I do not think Mueller is going to offer Stone anything and this will go to trial and I would bet that Stone is found guilty on some if not all counts. So if this happens, do you think that Trump should then pardon Stone?

Trump should not pardon Stone for being charged with a crime he did not commit. Mueller and his team of savage leftist buffoons are really screwing up the American system of justice with this hateful crap persecution of their political enemies. This circus needs to be shut down and the clowns fired.

So do you think the Clinton pardon of MacDougal was not legal and for corrupt purpose? If so , what is your reasoning?

What constitutes an illegal pardon? The POTUS can pardon anybody for any reason. I don't contend it was illegal so much as a thank you for keeping her mouth shut.

If we know anything about Mueller's indictments, they have NOT ONE DAMEND THING TO DO WITH " RUSSIAN COLLUSION."

What constitutes an illegal pardon? The POTUS can pardon anybody for any reason. I don't contend it was illegal so much as a thank you for keeping her mouth shut.

As I said - the standard for me is corrupt purpose.

For example: Roger Stone was just arrested and will be charged for trial. If Trump would to short circuit that entire process by giving him a pardon now, the obvious implications are that he is doing it to keep Stone silent regarding anything that could implicate him or his campaign team.

That would be for corrupt purpose.

As I said - the standard for me is corrupt purpose.

For example: Roger Stone was just arrested and will be charged for trial. If Trump would to short circuit that entire process by giving him a pardon now, the obvious implications are that he is doing it to keep Stone silent regarding anything that could implicate him or his campaign team.

That would be for corrupt purpose.

You aren't going to have to worry about that. Mueller's sideshow with the SWAT team was done to make this look like it's something big. It isn't. It was more of an effort to intimidate Stone but he seems far from intimidated. I guess Mueller hasn't found a way to threaten the family yet.

You aren't going to have to worry about that. Mueller's sideshow with the SWAT team was done to make this look like it's something big. It isn't. It was more of an effort to intimidate Stone but he seems far from intimidated. I guess Mueller hasn't found a way to threaten the family yet.

Mueller doesn't need to threaten anyone's family.

He just needs to keep digging and get hard evidence.

I don't know, but I do know that if he does, Stone would be subpoenaed and forced to testify against Trump, and he won't be able to plead the 5th. So, pardon way, Trump.

Stone has stated on many occasions that he would testify before a Mueller grand jury, and he would tell the truth. In other words, he's not worried because he believes the "truth" will pose no harm to Trump because they did nothing wrong.

I don't think he understands what kinds of questions Mueller has prepared for them, nor does he understand that, in this arena, he really doesn't know what is right and wrong, he's been on the shady side of the law for many years. I dont know if he ever actually did anything illegal, but if he didn't, he walked right up to the line and made it scream, and that might be an accurate assessment of Trump, as well, though I think Trump has done real crimes, money laundering with Russians and bank fraud.

This might be your particular fantasy - but it is not reality. Stone was arrested and it was perfectly legal.

No. Pardoning Stone would be recognized for what it is; a reward for not snitching. The blowback would be much, much greater than Arpio’s pardoning.

Also, accepting a pardon effectively means that he gives up his 5th Amendment protection, and would open Stone up to questioning by Congress, where he would be required to answer any and all questions.

So you believe of the millions of people charged for crimes, it's Roger Stone in particular, who you support the president pardoning?
And his relationship to the president, and his committing felony lying to, obstruction, and witness tampering against the United States...these things you feel may be worthy of a pardon?

What happened to America and our so called Americans.

It went away with the party of law and order.

Who's kidding who? Stone is going to flip on trump he's not going to jail for a guy he knows will throw him under the bus. Remember now, Stone has known trump for a long, long time and he's seen it many, many times. Cohen would take a bullet and Stone says he won't lie and that could be deadly for trump. Time will tell.

Actually the real side show is the spin on Stone's arrest. An example was on a clip from the Hannity comedy hour. Hannity said why did the FBI arrest Stone with such force? And than prefaced that by saying The guy does"t own a gun, How does Hannity know this?
If he makes a statement like that than he is obviously spreading more B.S. Does anyone thing the FBI or any police officer will walk into an arrest with their guard down, with the assumption the person has no weapon. And it's not like Stone was a choir boy.

It depends on what Mueller comes up with. If there was no collusion, I would pardon everyone with the possible exception of Manafort.

This might be your particular fantasy - but it is not reality. Stone was arrested and it was perfectly legal.

Where did I say it was illegal? It was theatre. The fact that CNN was magically there at 6 AM also shows that they were tipped off, another impropriety.

Where did I say it was illegal? It was theatre. The fact that CNN was magically there at 6 AM also shows that they were tipped off, another impropriety.

So what? Why does your personal perception of this matter?

Back
Top Bottom