• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump pardon any penalty applied to Rittenhouse?

Should Trump pardon any penalty applied to Rittenhouse?

• Yes, Trump should pardon Rittenhouse, he is a hero.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes Trump should pardon Rittenhouse, we need that template.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he is a mass murderer.

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No, he will be used, to kill many libs if pardoned.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Your poll choices suck. Trump has no authority in state or local charges.

Not sure about crossing stat lines, but when he walked the street in Kenosha with it, he was definitely breaking the law. Wisconsin law clearly states that unless he was hunting it is illegal to carry that weapon. Hunting Liberals doesn't count.

This doesn't seem to be true.

Wisconsin Legislature: 948.60
948.60  Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.
(1)  In this section, “dangerous weapon" means any firearm, loaded or unloaded;
(2) 
(a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(3)
This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593. This section applies only to an adult who transfers a firearm to a person under 18 years of age if the person under 18 years of age is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593 or to an adult who is in violation of s. 941.28.

941.28  Possession of short-barreled shotgun or short-barreled rifle.
(1)  In this section:

(b) “Short-barreled rifle" means a rifle having one or more barrels having a length of less than 16 inches measured from closed breech or bolt face to muzzle or a rifle having an overall length of less than 26 inches.
(c) “Short-barreled shotgun" means a shotgun having one or more barrels having a length of less than 18 inches measured from closed breech or bolt face to muzzle or a shotgun having an overall length of less than 26 inches.

(2) No person may sell or offer to sell, transport, purchase, possess or go armed with a short-barreled shotgun or short-barreled rifle.
(3) Any person violating this section is guilty of a Class H felony.
History: 1979 c. 115; 2001 a. 109.
29.304  Restrictions on hunting and use of firearms by persons under 16 years of age.
29.593  Requirement for certificate of accomplishment to obtain hunting approval.
(1) 
29.593(1)(a)(a) Except as provided under subs. (2), (2m) and (3), and s. 29.592 (1), no person born on or after January 1, 1973, may obtain any approval authorizing hunting unless the person is issued a certificate of accomplishment under s. 29.591.

He appears to have been in compliance with 941.28, 29.304 and 29.593, so the age restrictions in 948.60 don't apply to a 17 year old.

I regret letting right wingers get their assault rifles back. they are not mature enough for war weapons.

Why were AR-15s banned in 1994?

You just helped me: you r definition is the opposite of traditional conservative orthodoxy. Conservatives believe states rights and individual rights go hand in hand in keeping a society free from overreaching fed tyranny.
Always willing to help someone out. Just wish I got paid for it.

The right wing thinks that taking your gun where you want, and waving it, as a threat, for political purposes, is your constitutional right. They want a wild west, closer to the movie depictions than reality. They intend to send squads of militia, to dominate the streets of libs. Stop them protesting. And they will of course be armed with semiauto rifles. And when you are open carry, and folks tell you to get the **** away from them with that, it starts. You then can retreat, or stand your ground. If you stand your ground, you are likely to kill. For those that are faced with right wing militia, we dont trust you to hold weapons at the ready to murder us. Further, we dont like cops high fiving militia or supplying them. And we dont like right wing Presidents defending mass murderers of libs. To us, this sounds like the start of the fourth reich. And this time, libs are the Jews. Trump is already talking about reeducation camps, and indoctrination of children.

All this hinges upon Trump making Rittenhouse a folk hero for the right wing, and a symbol of DOMINATION of libs by arms. Trump has already lionized using guns waved at libs, for political purposes, when he had the gun couple talk at the convention, about the danger of libs, and how guns are needed.

Trump can't pardon Rittenhouse for state crimes. Instead he should send SEAL Team Six to Vernon Hills, IL to liberate him from his unjust imprisonment.

Unless crossing state lines with a firearm is illegal, which would be a Federal crime. Bunch of state crimes he's not getting out of, though.

That's not even among his charges because the claim is, the weapon belonged to a friend who lives in Wisconsin.

I believe in a strong Military and supporting those that serve with the best equipment, best training, best pay, and best support system during and after service.

I believe in a Balanced Budget, yeah now is not the time, but normally I want us to stay within our means. That means I believe we need to know where all the money is going, that includes the military but also money spent on projects and Yes, social programs, get rid of the waste and abusers and ensure the money is spent where it needs to be.

While I believe in a woman's right to chose, I believe there is a cutoff point, 22-25 weeks, after that it takes a medical condition for a doctor to recommend it. This is based only on science and development.

Taxes should be as low as possible to cover the Nations costs, and I believe that everyone should pay close to the same rate, taxing the rich too high stifles growth and taxing the poor too little ends up becoming a burden on the system.

Illegal Immigration issues needs to be dealt with, those that are illegal should not be free to put their children in our schools or get assistance from the government, and E-Verify should be the law of the land, to go around it is to risk Prison time. I also believe in fencing where it belongs but am more supportive of more agents, better technology and better rules. That said I also believe that green cards should be Vetted, and good for at least four Years, unless they break the law, and the number greatly increased. Also DACA needs to be made law and a pathway for them made.

I support Law Enforcement, Professional Law Enforcement. There needs to be reforms made and as a Smart People we can do it.

Plus as you said you know I support the 2nd A.

There's a couple for ya...there are more but that should be good enough, even for you

We'll see if it's just lip service.

We'll see if it's just lip service.

That makes no sense, am I supposed to prove something to you now? Clue, you asked a question, I answered it, other than that I don't care what you do or do not believe, it is simply some of what I stand for, and have said time and time for years on this site. Good Day...…

The right wing thinks that taking your gun where you want, and waving it, as a threat, for political purposes, is your constitutional right.

That statement is no less stupid than someone on the right saying that "the left thinks that throwing firebombs, burning buildings, attacking police, and ransacking businesses, as a threat, for political purposes, is your constitutional right."

True, but the people that elect politicians Can. Well, we both hope so, right?

This is America. People have rights. As much as if I was a dictator I would not allow protests from out of town people, as I said, this is America.

That statement is no less stupid than someone on the right saying that "the left thinks that throwing firebombs, burning buildings, attacking police, and ransacking businesses, as a threat, for political purposes, is your constitutional right."

I think you know that is SAD. Must have struck a nerve.

Back
Top Bottom