• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump Meet Blake's Family?

Should Trump meet with/call Jacob Blake's family?

• No

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JMaximus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal

Explanations for answers most appreciated... :)

No, trump is there to fan the flames, not bring peace, civil unrest is all trump has left, without it he has zero chance of re-election and with trump that is his most important agenda.

I voted "unsure"

The decision to meet with President Trump should be left up to the family. If the say no, Trump should respect that. If they say yes, then Trump cold meet with them.

Of course he should meet both. Preferably together, if possible. To do otherwise, might be seen as prejudicial.

TrumQ continues to Hate Blacks while he says he loves them. Count the other dozens of insane ramblings in a circle, such as his latest distraction with the plane and armed black thugs.

This ****er’s insane. He knows civil strife is his only way. He relishes 9 more weeks of this stage of his dictatorship. My CT is that extremely rogue cops are murdering blacks in swing states to cause riots.

OTOH, would meet with the white parents of a white man murdered by an extremely rogue black cop?

I voted "unsure"

The decision to meet with President Trump should be left up to the family. If the say no, Trump should respect that. If they say yes, then Trump cold meet with them.

The family wanted their attorneys there. Trump is not interested in that.

Trump would be very uncomfortable in that situation

I believe he will pass

Probably not.

The family wanted their attorneys there. Trump is not interested in that.

Of course Trump is not interested if an attorney is present.

I am ok with President Trump not meeting with the family.

Trump has tried to call numerous times. They refuse to talk with Trump. Therefore, a meeting would be pointless.

Trump is too weak to meet with Blake's family.

I would. Ask why they raised such a failure

Not sure if the Blake family wants to meet with Trump but if they do then Yes Trump should.

I voted No.

I don't think there is any reason for him to meet with them.

Blake is only a victim of his own poor decisions and dignifying domestic-abuse street thugs really is beneath the office of the President. It would be a low-handed slap in the face to the people Blake victimized - the repeated victimization of which ultimately led to the incident in question. He and his family should not now receive the honor of meeting the President as a result.

I don't know really. I said yes, because it is the appropriate because he is the president, but only if he can show some damn empathy

NO, President Trump should not visit the Blake family.

First, I have read that some Blake family members have spoken disrespectfully of the President.

Second, I believe a President should keep out of an ongoing police investigation.

Third, the President's enemies would just call such a visit a publicity stunt.

Fourth, if the courts eventually rule that Mr. Blake was killed illegally, then any President would be right to send a note of sympathy to the family.

(I believe that President Obama was wrong to go on national TV to discuss that killing in Florida.)

Explanations for answers most appreciated.

Definitely not. Trump would do nothing but insult them. He does not care about anyone except himself. You have to be totally ignorant to believe otherwise.

Of course he should meet both. Preferably together, if possible. To do otherwise, might be seen as prejudicial.

Everyone who is educated about Donald Trump knows he has been extremely prejudiced for a long time and is worse now than ever at showing a hatred of black people.

TrumQ continues to Hate Blacks while he says he loves them. Count the other dozens of insane ramblings in a circle, such as his latest distraction with the plane and armed black thugs.

This guy is insane. He knows civil strife is his only way. He relishes 9 more weeks of this stage of his dictatorship. My CT is that extremely rogue cops are murdering blacks in swing states to cause riots.

Which nine more weeks are you referring to? We have to put up with his dictatorship until January 19.

Which nine more weeks are you referring to? We have to put up with his dictatorship until January 19.

Yes. Because the defining aspect of every actual dictatorship is the supposed dictator being voted out of power... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom