• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trucker Carlson be charged as a Russian agent/spy ?

?

• Total voters

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
He is a Russian agent in my opinion, who’s trying to do Putins job in the US and trying to destroy the US from the inside - like Trump and his cultists did.

I think he should be charged and sentenced for helping the enemy and sentenced to serve some time on death row, but not executed.

Let's dial it back a notch. Cucker Tarlson is a pro-Putin fascist, but that isn't illegal. Even if he were being paid by the Russian government to voice his deplorable views (and I see no reason to think he is), that still isn't illegal.

Unless he somehow has access to state secrets and is selling them to Russia, he isn't guilty of anything more than bring a horrible person. But there are plenty of those in media and politics.

Freedom of speech and freedom of the press are much more absolute in the United States than in many other countries. You can't arrest someone for having shitty takes.

He is a Russian agent in my opinion, who’s trying to do Putins job in the US and trying to destroy the US from the inside - like Trump and his cultists did.

I think he should be charged and sentenced for helping the enemy and sentenced to serve some time on death row, but not executed.

The US is not at war with Russia, until that is the case he should be free to say what he wants ( Fox News should be free to fire him if they want)

Note I dislike Carson immensely

Stupid thread.

Let him say what he wants, We have a Constitution just for times like this.

BTW do you think that Jeannette Rankin was a Nazi/Japanese sympathizer?

Is there any ACTUAL evidence he is really working for the FSB?

Simply not liking what a person has to say is not grounds for charging them as a foreign spy. It’s CERTAINLY not grounds for putting them “on death row”.

McCarthyism is making a comeback? Who would have thunk it!

Nah. Let him speak. Let him show what is allegiances are. He's a simpleton. Ultimately, anything that Dems are for, he is against. Even if it means pimping Russia. He's just a poor man's version of Fat Rush who has managed to learn how to rile up his moron base. And makes a handsome salary for it. As my favorite podcast said last week, there's never a shortage of con men and fools for them to prey upon.

Sure. We should just lock up and/or kill everyone that disagrees with the political majority. That's the only way we can preserve democracy. I mean, what good is having a democracy if you have people that disagree with you? There's no freedom if we have dissenting opinions and ESPECIALLY if those opinions are expressed in a public forum. I mean, that's what freedom is all about!

Relax there little fella, don’t let those mean old ruskies scare you. Their not hiding under your bed.if for some reason they come to your country looking to take control those of us wayyyyyyy over here will come to your rescue. Like we have before and will do so again to protect you.

Investigated, and charged only if there is sufficient evidence for it.

Send his dumbass to the Russian front wearing a sweater with a big Z

McCarthyism is making a comeback? Who would have thunk it!
To be fair, before McCarthy there was the HUAC and that was, primarily, a Democrat run committee. It's just the way democracy works. Get a majority>put a boot to the throat of all dissenters>freedom!

I don't think that would be a provable charge.

I do think that the over the air media company that allows him on the air should lose their license.

He is not a spy. We are not yet at war with Russia.

For now, he is an irritating, ill-informed troll that preys upon the ignorance of his audience. Though reprehensible, its not illegal.

If we end up entangled with Russia, then he is an enemy of the state if he does not change his tone.

Let him say what he wants, We have a Constitution just for times like this.

BTW do you think that Jeannette Rankin was a Nazi/Japanese sympathizer?
For simply not voting in favor of a declaration of war? Being a pacifist does not make you a sympathizer. Yes, on the one issue, the interests are aligned, but for fundamentally different reasons. Sorry, your question is ridiculous showing an inability to grasp nuance. There is no equivalence here whatsoever unless you can show us how she advocated the positions of Germany and Japan

Last edited:

No. Being a reactionary and an open advocate for violent Russian Imperialism is not a crime in the United States. Nor should it be unless we are in a direct war with the Russian Federation or he takes a step to break the law such as not disclosing that he is a paid agent for the Russian government, or spying on behalf of the Russian government, etc.

I'd be more interested in who's paying him to say the stuff he does. And why.

No.

Speaking in support of someone like Putzin is a far cry from being considered an "agent/spy". Now if he was nabbed stealing national secrets for Russia, then that's a whole different bag.

To be fair, before McCarthy there was the HUAC and that was, primarily, a Democrat run committee. It's just the way democracy works. Get a majority>put a boot to the throat of all dissenters>freedom!

Is that not the time of American history that most conservatives feel America was great?

Back
Top Bottom