• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should trans people get to make others leave a public bathroom while they use it?

Should trans people get to make others leave a public bathroom while they use it?

• Total voters
Call me, specifically, "Cis X" or something and the intent would be to **** with me and to deny that would be dishonest.

And I haven't even done that, so what are you constantly ranting about here? You keep acting as if someone is following you around, calling you specifically "cisgender", just to insult you. So far, I haven't done that, nor have I seen anyone else do that to you on this or any other thread here.

Or how about this:

"You are a CIS X, therefore I assume X about you."

That's a good point, too. What's the assumption that goes along with "cis"? Intolerant? Hateful? Shouldn't really have an opinion on any LGBT issues?

And I haven't even done that, so what are you constantly ranting about here?

You have rather selective vision if you think it's been me whose been "ranting" in this thread. I don't like the term. I consider it an insult, especially now that I've been so repeatedly clear about it and for that I've gotten all sorts of ad hom attacks directed at me.

You keep acting as if someone is following you around, calling you specifically "cisgender", just to insult you. So far, I haven't done that, nor have I seen anyone else do that to you on this or any other thread here.

And even if you did see it, would you be right there to tell me that what they're doing is fine and I'm the one to be wrong to be insulted by it? You'd actually surprise me if you advocated that any of my personal preferences or requests should be respected.

Last edited:
I've said it before. I don't like the "cis" terminology. I use "trans" or "not trans". It's simple and descriptive. I tire of all of the scores of silly terms being used nowadays.

I've said it before. I don't like the "cis" terminology. I use "trans" or "not trans". It's simple and descriptive. I tire of all of the scores of silly terms being used nowadays.

There seems to me to be this emotional, almost hysterical attachment to it which leads me to believe it's not this benign, mere descriptive term.

You have rather selective vision if you think it's been me whose been "ranting" in this thread. I don't like the term. I consider it an insult, especially now that I've been so repeatedly clear about it and for that I've gotten all sorts of ad hom attacks directed at me.

And even if you did see it, would you be right there to tell me that what they're doing is fine and I'm the one to be wrong to be insulted by it? You'd actually surprise me if you advocated that any of my personal preferences or requests should be respected.

Has it been done to you and in what context was it being done? Has someone been referring to you as "cisgender X"? Do you think it would not be any less insulting to call someone "transgender Bob" or "nontransgender Steve"?

The one showing the most emotion about the term seems to be you.

Has it been done to you and in what context was it being done? Has someone been referring to you as "cisgender X"? Do you think it would not be any less insulting to call someone "transgender Bob" or "nontransgender Steve"?

The one showing the most emotion about the term seems to be you.

Why can you never just directly answer a question? Are you not confident in whatever direct response you'd give? Based on your tangent, I have no idea if think it fine to use "cis" with the intent to insult or not.

Again, your vision is selective, but I'll admit I did not really expect the fight this became along with this obvious, glaring double standard where you'd advocate for being respectful of the wishes of some but actively reject others. Double standards do have a tendency to drive me up the wall.

Why can you never just directly answer a question? Are you not confident in whatever direct response you'd give? Based on your tangent, I have no idea if think it fine to use "cis" with the intent to insult or not.

Again, your vision is selective, but I'll admit I did not really expect the fight this became along with this obvious, glaring double standard where you'd advocate for being respectful of the wishes of some but actively reject others. Double standards do have a tendency to drive me up the wall.

You complain about me not answering a question yet you have yet to directly answer any of mine. I've answered several of yours. So far you've diverted multiple times in attempts to make this about my views. I simply view cisgender as an alternate word for nontransgender person. It is just as neutral unless it is being used to intentionally insult which can be done with transgender and nontransgender as terms.

So what is the difference if someone calls another cis-rogue vs nontrans rogue or even trans-rogue? Are those all just as insulting or not?

Just looking for the line. I thought there would easily be agreement that segregating bathrooms by gender was reasonable but, it turns out, it isn't. So now I'm wondering if folks think it would be reasonable to require that non trans people leave a bathroom if a trans person asks them to (and just for the time the trans person is in the bathroom, of course).

What if it's a situation where the stalls are missing doors or the doors don't lock?

Attaching poll.

Trans people have been using public restrooms for years.

Gay people have been using public restrooms for years.

Registered Sex Offenders have been using public restrooms for years.

This is such a non-issue that the only benefit of discussing it is so we know who the bigots are.

Back
Top Bottom