• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should this child be taken away from his parents?

Should the child be taken away from the parents?

• Yes (explain)

• No (explain)

• Maybe (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay, seeing as you're not a doctor (or Dr. Josef Mengele specifically), I'm not sure that you or the minority of quacks who'd perform such procedures on a 12 year old are really worth considering.

I also takes it you're probably uneducated on the basic topics up for discussion here, such as the differences between the person who would perform a procedure, and the faulty and easily debunkable axioms upon which said procedures are based on to begin with.
No accredited U.S doctor performs bottom surgery for an 11 or 12 year old. That's a fact. The example presented in the OP is misleading at best. I am far from a transgender expert (never claimed to be one for the record), but I know a lot more than the majority of Americans or the right-wing politicians that want to deny transgender people medical care/their humanity.

Medical transition has to be approved by a doctor. It's not something everybody can apply for. These are life or death scenarios for people. If you do not treat gender dysphoria, these people will either kill themselves or develop major mental disorders. That is the point.

Situation --- typical American household -- two parents, one child, no history of endangerment, neglect or abuse noted. Child is 11 years old and tells his parents that he feels like he's really a girl. He wants to begin gender reassignment. Parents are very concerned and think he's way too young to make a decision like that. They do not start the process of gender reassignment. Should this child be taken away from his parents?
No the child should not be taken away from his parents.A child is too young to make a decision like that. Any sane parent would tell their son that he is not a girl, will never be a girl and when he turns 18 he is free to pretend to be a girl all he wants.

What state treats a 11 year old as an adult in a crime situation? State name please!
Technically, Kentucky. But to do so requires a lot and hasn't been done in a long time. Oddly, in 2016 there were 13 states, but that has changed to now from 13 to 18 depending upon state and circumstance.

Also, technically...any state could try a child if exceptions are stated in the state's Juvenille Code.

It ultimately depends on how badly the prosecutor wants to put a child in jail.

Back
Top Bottom