• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should they have left a tip?

the customer was cheap
the employee was stupid

nothing more to see here
/unsubscribed

Food Truck Justice: Heated Tweet to Financial Firm Gets Worker Fired

Food Truck Justice: Heated Tweet to Financial Firm Gets Worker Fired - Yahoo! Finance

You tip at food trucks? News to me.

But stepping up and waiting in line for $170 worth of food at such a venue is extremely rude, honestly. It's not a sit down freaking restaurant with a large staff and table waiters.

Here - in honor of all the food truck workers who are underpaid and undervalued in society:

Food Truck Justice: Heated Tweet to Financial Firm Gets Worker Fired - Yahoo! Finance

I've never seen a "food truck" that just makes you whatever you want or even has good food.

The ones I'm used to just sell prepackaged 2-day-old nastiness from a gas station...

You'd have to be starving to even eat a 12-hour-old whopper for 3 bucks....

Of course the Mexican food was always better but still stale.

My sister says she gets an "actual food truck" where she works , I suppose that means a restaurant on wheels however, I've never seen one myself - hence they're a myth.... I don't believe there is good food rolling around on four wheels wowing individuals with good charm, good food and expectations of tips...

Did O'Connor walk into the position expecting it to be a tipping position? Probably not. Too many people expecting tips, including the people whining that Drew Brees didn't leave much of a tip for a pick-up order. Just do the stinking job and shut the hell up. Was he busy? Did customers have to wait? Yeah. That does not = a tip. :roll: That equals busy fast food work, which is normal.

Edited to add: I'll bet the company thinks twice about ordering $170 worth of food from a food truck again. Who does that anyway? If you work for a financial firm, you can probably afford lunch from somewhere that is used to taking larger orders without getting butthurt.

This food truck should have a policy in place that tacks on a 15% gratuity in a case like that. And should have a policy that only "X" number of workers can work on one order -- so they don't lose other customers in the process.

In the end, though, the employee was stupid.

I can forgive the company since they'd probably taken individual orders from a group and never gave it a thought. "We're goin' to the food truck. What do ya' want?"

It's a food truck, which is counter service. Counter service is not tip worthy.

For the sake of example purposes and easy math, let's say the $170 order was $10 each for 17 people. What's the difference between all 17 people going as a group and ordering individually and one person collecting the order and placing them all at once? As Superfly said above, it's just a rush, which is normal in the food service industry.

God, does everyone believe that they're a tip job these days?

God, does everyone believe that they're a tip job these days?

I think it's evolving in that direction.

I can't wait for the day when I hand the bridge toll taker $5 for a $4 toll and say "Keep the change. :2wave:")

(Part of me is joking, part of me fears it will come true)

I think it's evolving in that direction.

I can't wait for the day when I hand the bridge toll taker $5 for a $4 toll and say "Keep the change. :2wave:")

(Part of me is joking, part of me fears it will come true)

I'll resist. If all you're doing is the basic job, all you get is the basic pay.

I'm not going to tip a paperboy or mail carrier, because they do nothing other than the basic tenets of their job. It's not like they're going above and beyond for me.

I'll be "that cheapskate". I couldn't give a damn.

I'll resist. If all you're doing is the basic job, all you get is the basic pay.

I'm not going to tip a paperboy or mail carrier, because they do nothing other than the basic tenets of their job. It's not like they're going above and beyond for me.

I'll be "that cheapskate". I couldn't give a damn.

I'd resist, too.

I've never understood tipping a paper boy or mail carrier. Especially my mail carrier. She's absolutely horrible.

When you shop at a commissary, you are expected to tip the baggers. They work only for tips. But that is expected.

One thing I've never understood. Are we supposed to tip carhops? Like if you go to Sonic?

The employee was an idiot, he shouldn't have been expecting a tip in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom