• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should these people be arrested for inciting violence and hate?

Should these people be arrested for inciting violence and hate?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

SHodges

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

Here are just a few heart warming quotes.

"Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims."

"You telling these miserable, Hell-bound, bath house-wallowing, anal-copulating fags that God loves them!? You have bats in the belfry!"

"We had lost the fight for the preservation of the white race until God himself intervened in earthly affairs with AIDS to rescue and preserve the white race that he had created.... I praise God all the time for AIDS."

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand."*
**Secretary of the Interior in the Reagan Admin. Responsible for National Policy regarding the Environment

"[Homosexuals] want to come into churches and disrupt church services and throw blood all around and try to give people AIDS and spit in the face of ministers."

"Oh, you're one of the sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it."

Worst of all, a majority of religious american's (a huge majority) listen to these people with the same fervor you'd see were it god himself speaking, and they have considerable influence over the dominant political party in America. These people are more dangerous than any terrorist organization.

The "thought police"? Amazing.

[mod mode]

Moved to War on Terror cause there's no poll. If you want to create one, I'd be happy to move it back.

[/mod mode]

It's been my experience that mods can simply add one in. A simple "yes/no" option would go far...

Fine...

*sigh*

Praise be to the bringer of the poll!

*bows*

....and no. They're moronic hate spewing people. If any violence would be incitied it would be against them and their own stupidity

Also, this is a terrible quote, but it's SO funny!
"[Homosexuals] want to come into churches and disrupt church services and throw blood all around and try to give people AIDS and spit in the face of ministers."
Wow. It reminds me of when I brought Naughty Nurse to church with me. He came in running all about throwing buckets of blood on the poor old ladies and spitting on the ministers.

Last edited:
WOW!

After reading that list, I actually had to go outside and look at the stars and breathe some fresh air.

I've heard almost all of those quotes at one time or another, but to see them all at one time is both depressing and mind boggling.

What I wouldn't give to have a MSM that is really liberal.

The true tone of the Neo Cons is exposed in a few simple words by the true demons of our society.

I sort of feel ill after reading that filth.

God Help America because these nutjobs want to destroy it.

Wow....48 people with quotes taken out of context represent the whole conservative movement?

What a correlation!

"I'm a Christian...Pat Robertson is a Christian...
Therefore, when Pat Robertson speaks, he speaks for all Christians..."

That's a mighty big jump, and one expected from people who are the kind of people to make those mighty big jumps...

Want to know the other side?....Do I need to quote Harry Bellafonte or Janeane Garafalo? No....That would bring me down to this level, where some believe that a few speak for the majority...

"Hey everybody!...A Conservative said something stupid!...Therefore ALL Conservatives are stupid!"

I'll get back when some intelligence seeps through....

cnredd said:

Take an extra suitcase. It may be awhile.

cnredd said:
Wow....48 people with quotes taken out of context represent the whole conservative movement?

What a correlation!

"I'm a Christian...Pat Robertson is a Christian...
Therefore, when Pat Robertson speaks, he speaks for all Christians..."

That's a mighty big jump, and one expected from people who are the kind of people to make those mighty big jumps...

Want to know the other side?....Do I need to quote Harry Bellafonte or Janeane Garafalo? No....That would bring me down to this level, where some believe that a few speak for the majority...

"Hey everybody!...A Conservative said something stupid!...Therefore ALL Conservatives are stupid!"

People love using this general little blanket assumption that I mean all. I do not. I mean most, hence my usage of words like "most", "many", "majority", "99%", etc. And hence why I avoid words like, well..."all". Thanks for posting. Stay in school.

SHodges said:
http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

Here are just a few heart warming quotes.

**Secretary of the Interior in the Reagan Admin. Responsible for National Policy regarding the Environment

Worst of all, a majority of religious american's (a huge majority) listen to these people with the same fervor you'd see were it god himself speaking, and they have considerable influence over the dominant political party in America. These people are more dangerous than any terrorist organization.

I suppose that this means that Cindy Sheehan will need to be arrested and locked up by this criteria. After all, she said that George Bush is the biggest terrorist in the world. This only will lead gullible people on the left to want to storm the WH. Michael Moore will need to be locked up. Noam Chomsky will need to be locked up. Paul Krugman will need to be locked up. Molly Ivins will need to be locked up. About 1/2 of the columnists writing for liberal newsapers will need to be locked up. Obviously the answer to free speech is to build more jails. That way we won't have so much of it. More jails = less free speech. Isn't that about it?

Last edited:
Missouri Mule said:
I suppose that this means that Cindy Sheehan will need to be arrested and locked up by this criteria. After all, she said that George Bush is the biggest terrorist in the world. This only will lead gullible people on the left to want to storm the WH. Michael Moore will need to be locked up. Noam Chomsky will need to be locked up. Paul Krugman will need to be locked up. Molly Ivins will need to be locked up. About 1/2 of the columnists writing for liberal newsapers will need to be locked up. Obviously the answer to free speech is to build more jails. That way we won't have so much of it. More jails = less free speech. Isn't that about it?
There's a difference between gay bashing, racism, religious discrimination, and shamelessly talking of over throwing an elected government of the people and exercising free speech to express your dislike for a president and his policies. It's speaks ill of you that you can't see the difference.

Your argument holds absolutely no water.

THEY do not call for the executions or killings of people who disagree with them. Religious Neo Cons are famous for doing just that. Their entire belief system, with only a few exceptions is that liberals are only worthy of death.

NOW I would go along with the assertion that they don't speak for all Neo Cons Religious nutjobs IF any of them would publicly dissavow these nutjobs BUT THEY DON'T.

So then the question would be if they don't publicly disavow what is said, then why not?

My answer...they agree...THUS making it a fair assessment that Neo Cons are violent murderous Christian Taliban types.

SHOW me a group of Neo Cons, Republicans, or conservatives WHO PUBLICLY disavow these nutjobs.

I'm sure you can.

As for Cindy Sheehan, where has she called for murder, assassination or execution of those she disagrees with for whatever reason? OR Michael Moore or the rest?

There IS a difference.

Repuglicans are for the restrictions of civil rights.(Un-Patriot Act)

Democrats are for the expanisons of civil rights.

Prove me wrong

Buzzramjet said:
Your argument holds absolutely no water.

THEY do not call for the executions or killings of people who disagree with them. Religious Neo Cons are famous for doing just that. Their entire belief system, with only a few exceptions is that liberals are only worthy of death.

NOW I would go along with the assertion that they don't speak for all Neo Cons Religious nutjobs IF any of them would publicly dissavow these nutjobs BUT THEY DON'T.

So then the question would be if they don't publicly disavow what is said, then why not?

My answer...they agree...THUS making it a fair assessment that Neo Cons are violent murderous Christian Taliban types.

SHOW me a group of Neo Cons, Republicans, or conservatives WHO PUBLICLY disavow these nutjobs.

I'm sure you can.

As for Cindy Sheehan, where has she called for murder, assassination or execution of those she disagrees with for whatever reason? OR Michael Moore or the rest?

There IS a difference.

Repuglicans are for the restrictions of civil rights.(Un-Patriot Act)

Democrats are for the expanisons of civil rights.

Prove me wrong

You're new here, so I'll take it light....

When attempting to make a point, it is NOT the duty of someone to refute your point...It is your job to prove the original claim...then any refutation(?) will come afterward...depending on the objectivity and believability of the claim...

Walking into a room saying, "Blue men from mars have been to earth...prove me wrong" is a BS argument...

As to your rant on disavowing, you, apparently, have not been to the Pat Robertson thread in the "Today's News" forum...there you will find multiple examples of those on the "right" condemning both him and his words...

Also, I may point out this assertation of yours...

...that IF any of them would publicly dissavow these nutjobs BUT THEY DON'T.

The only way to disavow someone or something is to, at the very least, first KNOW about it or the person behind it...

Referring to the source mentioned in Post #1...

I do not know all of them, I do not know if what they were saying is taken out of context, and most of all, it is NOT my job to search for them...throwing them out on a platter gives me no informtion on these people...

If I had the transcript for EVERY FRIEND you've ever had, I am SURE I could find something that would offend or humiliate, also...Even if they still believed what they said to be true today...Would I demand condemnations from you on all of them?...Of course not!

You- Do you condemn this? How about THIS? Or THIS? What about THAT, HUH? And THIS?...and THIS?...and THIS?...etc...

That is a fool's game and I am unwilling to play....

Why even have this thread?

I see no reason.

Do you? :lol:

SKILMATIC said:
Why even have this thread?

I see no reason.

Do you? :lol:

I see an excellent reason for this thread....

They got nothin' else...

They got nothin' else...

I concur. :2wave:

So I wonder what they will say next?

"This just in Bush is a confirmed hitler worshiper":rofl

cnredd said:

They got nothin' else...
Who's "they"? I see from the sophomoric comments about Bush that you assume this is some "liberal ploy" or something. It is not. The reason I for this thread is as is stated, to find if others agree with me about these people. As of the the time of this writing, more people do than don't. If you honestly believe that "they" made this thread because "they" are involved in some massive slander campaign against these respectable individuals and have nothing else (nothing else but those people proving their idiocy and bigotry on the national stage without shame), then you could probably find more productive ways to spend your time than posting here. Reading a book, or getting tested for a disorder for instance.

Oh Gee, thanks for taking it "light" on me...what ever that means.

The point you so obvously miss in your very strange answer is that these are PUBLIC figures.

AS a result. The people who are as well PUBLIC figures who are associated with them, for instance, the PRESIDENT and a lot of Neo Cons, conservatives and repuglican politicians, have REFUSED to publicly disavow their statements.

As such (let me know when you get lost and I'll try to help you) this then becomes an assertation by the common folk/fools who feel their world view has now been supplanted, NOT just by the Christian Taliban member who said it, BUT by the leaders of the parties they support.(Still with me here?)

The reverse would as well be true, if, for instance, one of your favorite whipping boys, Michael Moore called for the execution, or imprisonment of anyone who practiced Christianity, and no liberal, democrat, etc. said nothing. BUT we know they would. They have in the past.

SO if the State Senator OR president who has his picture taken with and invites to the White House, nutjobs like Dobson or Robertson, REFUSES to disavow those statements, it then give further ammunition to those who would like to push for the takeover of America in order to turn it into a religious theocracy ala Christian Taliban.

Did anyone hear Dumbya say Robertson's comments were out of line?

Just like Dumbya said, "We honor Sen. Kerry's military record" but refused to disavow the Swift Boat Liars for Dumbya is in the minds of those looking for a reason to hate Kerry beyond his liberalism, PROOF that Kerry was a coward and child killer... ad nauseum.

Now YOU might not be that addled brained, but let's be honest there are those who are still out there pushing that idiocy of the "Clinton Hit List" and Hillary's lesbianism and Clinton selling China state secrets for billions of dollars. So we KNOW the addle brained are out there and who will take those comments to heart.

Thanks again for taking it so "light" on me. Please feel free to not do so in the future.

How about these...?...

"You're evil, horrible people. You're awful people. You represent horrible ideas. God hates you and He wants to kill your children. You should all burn."
-- "Compassionate", liberal reporter Rachel Buchman, in a voice-mail message she left with the conservative activist group Laptop Lobbyist over Thanksgiving, after she received e-mail messages sent to her personal e-mail account, including one opposing homosexual rights. Miss Buchman subsequently resigned from her post at the PBS affiliate WHYY-FM in Philadelphia.

"We're going to take things away from you
on the behalf of the common good."
-- Hillary Clinton, June 28, 2004.

"[I would] never submit to fight beneath that banner with a Negro by my side. Rather, I should die a thousand times, and see old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongers, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."
-- Robert Byrd, U.S. Democrat Senator of West Virginia in a 1947 letter (at the time he was a member of the West Virginia State Senate) to segregationist Senator Theodore Bilbo of Mississippi.

"Is it time to assassinate George Dubya Bush?"
-- A topic during an online discussion, hosted by the London newspaper The Guardian.
[Liberal "compassion" shows itself once again.]

"We shall sodomize your sons, emblems of your feeble masculinity, your shallow dreams and vulgar lies. We shall seduce them in your schools, youth groups, movie-theatre bathrooms -- wherever men are men together. Your sons will become our minions and do our bidding. They will be recast in our image. They will come to crave and adore us."
-- Homosexual activist Michael Swift.

"Very often it's not wrong to kill a child once it's left the womb. Simply killing an infant is never equivalent to killing a person."
-- Peter Singer, "bioethicist" at Princeton University, teaching our future leaders about ethics.

"I hate President George W. Bush. There, I said it . . . I hate him . . . I hate the inequitable way he has come to his ecomonic and political achievements . . . I hate the way he walks . . . I hate the way he talks . . . I even hate the things that everybody seems to like about him . . . And, while most people who meet Bush claim to like him, I suspect that, if I got to know him personally, I would hate him even more."
-- Jonathan Chait, in his article, "The Case for Bush Hatred: Mad about You," New Republic, September 29, 2003.

"[T]he true heroes are those who find ways that help defeat the US military."
-- Nicholas DeGenova, assistant professor of anthropology at Columbia University, at an anti-war demonstration.

"[The American flag is] a symbol of terrorism and death and fear and destruction and oppression."
-- An unnamed University of Massachusetts professor.

"[T]he most merciful thing a large family can do to one of its infant members is to kill it."
-- Margaret Sanger, the "mother" of Planned Parenthood.

"[A]rson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause." [Also:] "t would be great if all the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks who fund them exploded tomorrow."
-- PETA spokesmen.

"I don't think there is a Second Amendment right to own a gun."
-- James Carville, Clinton/Gore strategist.

"[T]he Muslim American people are praying to the almighty God to grant victory to Iraq."
-- Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, during July 6-7 weekend talks with Islamic Affairs Minister Abdul Munem Saleh, as quoted by the official Iraqi News Agency, INA.

"You know the one thing that is wrong in this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."
-- President Bill Clinton.

"We are going to try to take all the money that we think is unnecessarily being spent and take it from the 'haves' and give it to the 'have nots' that need it so much."
-- President Lyndon Johnson, in a speech at the White House, January 15, 1964.

"I hope [Justice Clarence Thomas'] wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease. Well, that's how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person."
-- USA Today columnist and Pacifica Radio talk show host Julianne Malveaux, November 4, 1994 on the PBS program "To the Contrary."

"[If] there is retributive justice, [Jesse Helms will] get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it."
-- Compassionate, liberal Nina Totenberg responding to Inside Washington TV host Tina Gulland.

"[F]or a few brief moments, America held the hope that O.J. Simpson had murdered [Florida Secretary of State] Katherine Harris."
-- Bill Maher, host of ABC's Politically Incorrect, speaking on national television.

"I'll have them niggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years."
-- President Lyndon Baines Johnson, speaking to two governors about his true motivations regarding his support of civil rights legislation, while aboard Air Force One.

"Write down the name of that motherf---er. When I'm back in office, he's a dead man."
-- Bill Clinton, after a critic told him, during Clinton's second campaign for governor, he was nothing but a "two-bit politician" and then walked away. Clinton made the comment to a campaign aide. Samuel Wilson, former political worker for Clinton said, "I remember his look. It was cold. I don't want to think he wanted to kill him literally, but I'm sure some sort of revege was inflicted later on."

"I got the impression that instead of going out to shoot birds, I should go out and shoot the kids who shoot birds."
-- Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace, as quoted in Access to Energy, December 1982.

"We honor groups by race, we honor groups by gender, we honor groups by ethnicity, and we honor groups by their sexual orientation. But there's one group we never, ever honor on our campus, and that's the American military."
-- Professor George Zilbergeld, Montclair, New Jersey State University, during a conference in the summer of 2004.

"I think America has to bleed. I think the corpses have to pile up. I think American boys have to die again. Let the mothers weep and mourn."
-- Oliver Stone in 1987 upon receiving the Torch of Liberty Award from the American Civil Liberties Union.

"[Spitting into the food] gave me a psychological gratification."
-- Jesse Jackson, in a November 1969 Life magazine article, admitting that when he worked as a waiter at a hotel in Greenville, South Carolina, he spat into the soups and salads of white customers.

"[To even the score with America, Muslim terrorists] would, at a minimum, have to blow up about 300,000 more buildings and kill something on the order of 7.5 million people."
-- University of Colorado professor Ward Churchill.

"Can anyone shoot this man?"
-- The caption under an image of George W. Bush with a laser sight targeting his head, as shown on a Norway rapper group (Gatas [Street] Parliament) website, the address of which translates to "Kill him now".

Mark A Shrider said:
How about these...?...

Yeah thats a bunch of bs to say but then again talk is cheap and who really listens to the whackos?

The liberal media have had the mike for years and all its done is drive the american people (voters) to the republican party for the last dozen years.

PART 1
Again you assume this is some "liberal thing". With that said...
"You're evil, horrible people. You're awful people. You represent horrible ideas. God hates you and He wants to kill your children. You should all burn."
-- "Compassionate", liberal reporter Rachel Buchman, in a voice-mail message she left with the conservative activist group Laptop Lobbyist over Thanksgiving, after she received e-mail messages sent to her personal e-mail account, including one opposing homosexual rights. Miss Buchman subsequently resigned from her post at the PBS affiliate WHYY-FM in Philadelphia.
And obvious idiot. Thank god people don't think he speaks for him.

"We're going to take things away from you
on the behalf of the common good."
-- Hillary Clinton, June 28, 2004.
Political beliefs being expressed are as bad as hate speech....how?

"[I would] never submit to fight beneath that banner with a Negro by my side. Rather, I should die a thousand times, and see old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongers, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."
-- Robert Byrd, U.S. Democrat Senator of West Virginia in a 1947 letter (at the time he was a member of the West Virginia State Senate) to segregationist Senator Theodore Bilbo of Mississippi.
Again, an obvious idiot, this time he even had hate speech, just like the ones I provided. You're catching on, congrats!

"Is it time to assassinate George Dubya Bush?"
-- A topic during an online discussion, hosted by the London newspaper The Guardian.
[Liberal "compassion" shows itself once again.]
The dislike of "Dubya" abroad (as in "London") is hardly limited to liberals. With that said, this is the exact same thing as what I posted.

"We shall sodomize your sons, emblems of your feeble masculinity, your shallow dreams and vulgar lies. We shall seduce them in your schools, youth groups, movie-theater bathrooms -- wherever men are men together. Your sons will become our minions and do our bidding. They will be recast in our image. They will come to crave and adore us."
-- Homosexual activist Michael Swift.
I cracked a smile.

"Very often it's not wrong to kill a child once it's left the womb. Simply killing an infant is never equivalent to killing a person."
-- Peter Singer, "bioethicist" at Princeton University, teaching our future leaders about ethics.
I disagree, but hardly "hate speech", and like most everything posted in this thread thus far, totally irrelevant to the topic.

"I hate President George W. Bush. There, I said it . . . I hate him . . . I hate the inequitable way he has come to his ecomonic and political achievements . . . I hate the way he walks . . . I hate the way he talks . . . I even hate the things that everybody seems to like about him . . . And, while most people who meet Bush claim to like him, I suspect that, if I got to know him personally, I would hate him even more."
-- Jonathan Chait, in his article, "The Case for Bush Hatred: Mad about You," New Republic, September 29, 2003.
I'm sure there are many who feel the same way. Again, expressing political opposition in a way that you find most likely to grab attention from both the reader and the media hardly compares to what I posted.

"[T]he true heroes are those who find ways that help defeat the US military."
-- Nicholas DeGenova, assistant professor of anthropology at Columbia University, at an anti-war demonstration.
From a certain point of view, he's correct. And again, stating a political viewpoint in a nonoffensive (to most) manner is not to be compared to claiming that homosexuals wish to spit blood on ministers to give them aids and ride through church services on motorcycles, making funny faces and doing their worst to disrupt worship.

"[The American flag is] a symbol of terrorism and death and fear and destruction and oppression."
-- An unnamed University of Massachusetts professor.
Sadly, many people the world over see it as just that.

"[T]he most merciful thing a large family can do to one of its infant members is to kill it."
-- Margaret Sanger, the "mother" of Planned Parenthood.
Considering the context of what she was saying, that the world had become so bad that it was probably better NOT to introduce an innocent child to it's hardships, not so bad. And again, utterly unrelated. Are you attempting to make liberals look bad or something? I'm sorry to break it to you, but liberals and conservatives have nothing to do with this thread, like most every worthwhile discussion. Take your ideological stalemate of a war elsewhere please.

"[A]rson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause." [Also:] "t would be great if all the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks who fund them exploded tomorrow."
-- PETA spokesmen.

Likewise, it would be great if PETA headquarters and his home similarly "exploded tomorrow".

"I don't think there is a Second Amendment right to own a gun."
-- James Carville, Clinton/Gore strategist.
Sad to see someone involved in government have such an elementary-level grasp of the second amendment. Almost as sad as Pat Robertson, a presidential candidate, claiming that listening to the supreme court was totally optional.

"[T]he Muslim American people are praying to the almighty God to grant victory to Iraq."
-- Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, during July 6-7 weekend talks with Islamic Affairs Minister Abdul Munem Saleh, as quoted by the official Iraqi News Agency, INA.
I'm sure a vast majority of them in the middle east and probably elsewhere in the world did exactly that.

"You know the one thing that is wrong in this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."
-- President Bill Clinton.
I agree. Not everyone is smart enough to deserve a fair say. I certainly wouldn't want a drug addicted high school drop out to have as much say as you or I.

"We are going to try to take all the money that we think is unnecessarily being spent and take it from the 'haves' and give it to the 'have nots' that need it so much."
-- President Lyndon Johnson, in a speech at the White House, January 15, 1964.
A noble goal that many have been praised for.

Back
Top Bottom