• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the West go to war in Syria?

Should the West go to war in Syria?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Should the EU and the US intervene militarily in Syria?

I think we have to be real careful. A lot of the forces opposing Assaid are AQ or off shoots of AQ. This almost seems to me as a no win situation. Where the brutal dictator Asaid actually might be better than what follows. Perhaps an Islamic Republic, perhaps a government of AQ, then again the democratic portion might win out. But those forces are really divided where the AQ portion of the rebels are united. Sometimes the best option is just to do nothing.

I think we have to be real careful. A lot of the forces opposing Assaid are AQ or off shoots of AQ. This almost seems to me as a no win situation. Where the brutal dictator Asaid actually might be better than what follows. Perhaps an Islamic Republic, perhaps a government of AQ, then again the democratic portion might win out. But those forces are really divided where the AQ portion of the rebels are united. Sometimes the best option is just to do nothing.

Mornin' Pero :2wave: Good to see ya back.....hopefully you will check out those other threads. As there is quite amount of material in them. Plenty of links over the matter. ;)

Mornin' Pero :2wave: Good to see ya back.....hopefully you will check out those other threads. As there is quite amount of material in them. Plenty of links over the matter. ;)

Howdy MMC, been quite busy with a bunch of unforeseen happenings. Such is life. I'll take my time on the other threads. There really isn't one news story I have been following all that close. Thanks for the WB

Howdy MMC, been quite busy with a bunch of unforeseen happenings. Such is life. I'll take my time on the other threads. There really isn't one news story I have been following all that close. Thanks for the WB

I know how that it is.....went thru quite a bit of myself this last year and the year before. No hurry on any of this ****. As you know it will be sitting there anyways. Just another day with the World of Media. ;)

I know how that it is.....went thru quite a bit of myself this last year and the year before. No hurry on any of this ****. As you know it will be sitting there anyways. Just another day with the World of Media. ;)

Yep, such is life.

Good morning, Pero. :2wave:

Lot of people miss you, including me. :thumbs: Hurry back as soon as you can. . . your posts are always interesting!

So we should kill a bunch of people who will hate us regardless so they won't kill each other on their own?

**That Orwell guy was a freaking genius--we would have never believed this crap would really work so well but for him**

(This policy brought to you by the makers of missiles.)

I'll be in and out pol. Hopefully to bring a little common sense. Of course as the joke goes, when lack common sense was brought up in a room full of politicians, everyone of them brought out their change/coin purse to make sure they had their cents.

Should the EU and the US intervene militarily in Syria?

For God sake, NO!

All provocations must be ignored. Syria is a sovereign nation in case somebody forgot.
It's better that their kill each other off than igniting WW3, which most likely will happen if Syria is attacked from outside.

The rebels have used chemical weapons for a second time. Smite those mothers. We are the bad guys because our intelligence or lack of intelligence agencies are fomenting the rebellion and instability in Syria. Face facts. The UN is not going to give approval. We are trying to weasel a way to bomb the crap out of them and claim it was justified. Syria has not attacked us. How do we help Syria by bringing WAR, DEATH, AND CHAOS to that Nation?

Another NO in a sea of noes.
There has to be a better way...
All possible arms to either side must be blocked....humanitarian care only...
And, probably for the first time in our history, we have to erase "hate".

As much as President Obama wants to establish another radical Islamic theocratic government and has suspended the Constitution to unilaterally go to war to do so, I still 1.) oppose this and 2.) do not believe he can lawfully use the U.S. military for his own world-view ideological agenda.

Last edited:
UN convoy got fired by snipers and forced it to go back to govern's safety zone.

Ye, Ye, rebels did not used chemical weapons.

The rebels have used chemical weapons for a second time. Smite those mothers. We are the bad guys because our intelligence or lack of intelligence agencies are fomenting the rebellion and instability in Syria. Face facts. The UN is not going to give approval. We are trying to weasel a way to bomb the crap out of them and claim it was justified. Syria has not attacked us. How do we help Syria by bringing WAR, DEATH, AND CHAOS to that Nation?

Mornin"DF. :2wave: It just keeps getting worse. Now the Brits are saying they may not have to have a UN Mandate.

Syria crisis: UK and US move closer to intervention
Foreign secretary says Britain and allies could intervene in Syria without the authority of United Nations.....

William-Hague-010.jpg

Britain and the US are inching towards a military attack against the regime of Bashar al-Assad after William Hague said all other options have failed over the past year.

As the Syrian president said the US would face failure if it intervened in his country, the UK foreign secretary said Britain and its allies could intervene without the authority of the UN.

Hague, who insisted Britain shared a common position with the US and France, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "We have tried those other methods, the diplomatic methods, and we will continue to try those. But they have failed so far."

Russia and China are likely to veto any UN security council resolution authorising military action, but Hague said such a move could be legal under international law even without UN approval.

"It is possible to take action based on great humanitarian need and humanitarian distress. It is possible to do that under many different scenarios," he said. "But anything we propose to do, the strong response we have talked about, whatever form that takes, will be subject to legal advice, must be in accordance international law.".....snip~

Syria crisis: UK and US move closer to intervention | World news | theguardian.com

The Brits say their patience are wearing thin.....do you think that's for the Rebels and all they have massacred? Over 40K.....Where was the Brits mouths at when the Syrian Rebels refused all Negotiations and Peace talks? Ya mean that rubberband didn't snap from the get go? Especially with the Rebels saying so directly.

Although one has to ask.....why would the Brits listen to anything the French were saying in the first place, over Syria?

QUOTE=MMC;

Although one has to ask.....why would the Brits listen to anything the French were saying in the first place, over Syria?[/QUOTE]

The OIL in Syria is closer to Total and BP distribution networks. They get their OILY IOU from helping in Iraq. And another thing is the al Queda rebels have only used chemical weapons twice and that seems to be OK, like torture, domestic spying, media manipulation, etc.

QUOTE=MMC;

Although one has to ask.....why would the Brits listen to anything the French were saying in the first place, over Syria?

The OIL in Syria is closer to Total and BP distribution networks. They get their OILY IOU from helping in Iraq. And another thing is the al Queda rebels have only used chemical weapons twice and that seems to be OK, like torture, domestic spying, media manipulation, etc.[/QUOTE]

Heya DF.....I thought they were Supplying more of France and the P.I.G.S.

The OIL in Syria is closer to Total and BP distribution networks. They get their OILY IOU from helping in Iraq. And another thing is the al Queda rebels have only used chemical weapons twice and that seems to be OK, like torture, domestic spying, media manipulation, etc.

Heya DF.....I thought they were Supplying more of France and the P.I.G.S.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it is just hard to tell. Since the Big Energy corporations are the first profiteers of any War, we can assume their marketing organizations are publicizing a case for war without stating that it is for the sake of their bottom lines. I mean, these are big Media spenders. Spend huge amounts buying Media. Completely legal and nobody realizes that they are the primary vested interest in War/wars. You just have to promote business wherever you can, don't ya' know? War is good business and if we can get this one ginned up, we'll profit handsomely, but they don't lay claim to their bragging' rights, so I helps 'em out a bit. Now you know, eh? Wars run on Energy, lots of it. Spell that Oil, Gas, Nukes, or ExxonMobil, Chevron, BP, Total, etc. The first profits of war and it is just the first profits because wars run on Energy.

Back
Top Bottom