• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the use of exotic and captive wild animals in traveling animal attractions be banned?

Should the use of exotic and captive wild animals in traveling animal attractions be banned?

• Total voters
Little bit ridiculous unless actual abuse has been happening. Won't be long before liberals will be wanting to ban the ownership of dogs and cats for being held captive by their owners.

The nature of a traveling show is abusive to elephants in particular. They’re chained in small spaces and “trained” using bullhooks. As far as liberals being interested in banning pets, I’ve never encountered that outside of PETA and nobody takes them seriously.

The nature of a traveling show is abusive to elephants in particular. They’re chained in small spaces and “trained” using bullhooks. As far as liberals being interested in banning pets, I’ve never encountered that outside of PETA and nobody takes them seriously.

Liberals always want to protest something. It's in their blood. Many of them live their lives just to protest. It is what gives them joy. Give them everything they want and they will still find something to protest about, eventually dogs and cats being held captive by their owners. You give them one inch they take a foot. You give them a foot and they take a yard. Give them a yard and they take a mile. Give them a mile and they take an AU. Give them an AU and they take a parsec.

If the animals aren't mistreated I don't have a problem with it. When the kids were younger we hired these folks to come to our house and put on a show a couple of times.

https://www.thereptilezoo.org/

I thought it was interesting and educational.

There are certain animals where using them for human entertainment is itself the mistreatment (not even bringing up the other mistreatment they endure in the training process).

For example, If I took one of your family members against their will and made them perform in a circus act, but I didn't hit or starve that family member, is it still "mistreatment"?

Little bit ridiculous unless actual abuse has been happening. Won't be long before liberals will be wanting to ban the ownership of dogs and cats for being held captive by their owners.

Exit your bubble.

I wish the left would exit their bubble.

If you believe that it's a liberal thing to want to ban cats and dogs from being pets then you're so far deep into your right wing bubble I don't think any light from reality is reaching you.

Last edited:
I'm a No because while I abhor the poor treatment of animals, the exhibits wouldn't just dry up and vanish.

Like anything outlawed, it would be forced underground, and I don't see that being an improvement for the animals.

Sure it would be harder to conceal than some other type of performance, but if we can't stop puppy mills, why should we believe we can stop traveling circus acts?

Besides which, it appears that public sentiment is turning against these types of acts, and over time that will be far more powerful than any law trying to control people.

Sort of like how making marijuana illegal for a century only made it more popular, while cigarettes are legal and yet usage is dropping for the last few decades.

The law doesn't work the way many people think it should.

If you believe that it's a liberal thing to want to ban cats and dogs from being pets then you're so far deep into your right wing bubble I don't think any light from reality is reaching you.

As usual you only read what you wanted to read. Liberalism starts out at one thing and then when they accomplish that they move on to the next thing on their hit list. At some point down the road they will expand this to dogs and cats. It's what liberals do. They are never content with stopping anywhere. Every time you give them one inch they want another and another and another and another. It never ends with them.

As usual you only read what you wanted to read. Liberalism starts out at one thing and then when they accomplish that they move on to the next thing on their hit list. At some point down the road they will expand this to dogs and cats. It's what liberals do. They are never content with stopping anywhere. Every time you give them one inch they want another and another and another and another. It never ends with them.

:cuckoo:

There are certain animals where using them for human entertainment is itself the mistreatment (not even bringing up the other mistreatment they endure in the training process).

For example, If I took one of your family members against their will and made them perform in a circus act, but I didn't hit or starve that family member, is it still "mistreatment"?

I don't know. Do reptiles actually know they're being held captive? How is their quality of life lessened than if they were someone's pet snake or lizard? Are you against the domestication of dogs and cats?

I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm just not sure where you're going with this.

I don't know. Do reptiles actually know they're being held captive? How is their quality of life lessened than if they were someone's pet snake or lizard? Are you against the domestication of dogs and cats?

I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm just not sure where you're going with this.

Certain animals. An elephant can in no way be analogous to a dog on this topic when you consider the origin of the wolf's transformation into a pet and how thousands of years of breeding has turned the dog into an animal that is perfectly happy to be in captivity and around humans.

Certain animals. An elephant can in no way be analogous to a dog on this topic when you consider the origin of the wolf's transformation into a pet and how thousands of years of breeding has turned the dog into an animal that is perfectly happy to be in captivity and around humans.

And reptiles?

I agree with the ban and I also think this is the reason why the dumbo movie will fail. No one wants to see animals in pain.

If that were true, nobody would need to pass this law...

Back
Top Bottom