• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should The USA Accept the Truce?

Should The USA Accept The Truce?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • No!

Votes: 44 83.0%

• Total voters
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Rebuke your points? Your point is that the U.S. should pull out of the Mid East, abandon our support for our allies, give into the demands of terrorist scum, and let an evil Islamic Caliphate descend over the entire middle east.

In short your points are identical to OBL's, you keep good company.

The cause of Anti-US hatred is radical Islamic fascists spewing forth their propaganda from their state run media and indoctirnation through their relgious controlled educational institutions who do not teach history they teach propaganda.

No. That is completly incorrect, I might even go so far as to say that they are lies.

Since you are clealy too lethargic to go back and read them, I shall state them once again:

A government(militarty) cannot win a war against terrorism(an idea). It is infinite. What a govenment can do is not provoke terrorism towards that country. In this case, that would be a Western removal of forces and ifluence from the Middle East, for otherwise, the terrorism towards the West shall never end, and people will die.

My points come from the point of view of America, and the actions that America can take, while Bin Laden's come from the terrorist point of view, and they are very different.

Duke

Billo_Really said:
If we don't accept the truce, then we don't care about peace.

Bush has made it pretty clear he does not care about peace. But, if action is not taken to prevent terrorism from it's roots, people will die.

Duke

The sheer idiocy of this thread is truly unbelievable...

Since Duke has chosen to ignore my question, I'll ask it again. Any other truce-supporters are welcome to answer it as well:

Do you believe Osama Bin Laden is a man of his word who wants to live in peace with America?

Billo_Really said:
If we don't accept the truce, then we don't care about peace.

Are you ******** me Billo?! Elaborate on this.

Crispy said:

Billo is a troll.
He posts things just to stir up crap.

He's also breaking federal law. Someone should call the FBI.

cherokee said:
No, Never!
Absolutely no truce. But how about this, sure we'll talk with you, come on out with your hands up....... bye.
The guys a f_cking coward, using cowardly ways to hide behind in attack and now that he's on the run, starving, sleep deprived from fox hole to fox hole, cave to cave, he wants peace. This guy deserves to live about as much as the cockroaches running around the dumpster outside my office do.

dragonslayer said:
Maybe It is time to stop being macho and try to solve the problems that cause terrorism rather than doing what the Bush administrations is doing, creating more terrorists. Maybe is is time to have our foriegn policy made for the American people rather than for profits of Halilburton and Exxon.
Clinton was strongly influenced by the multinational corporations but Bush is owned lock stock and barrel by the multinationals. The only Americans that Bush is loyal to are Americans that make over $250,000 a year. :lol:

You bring up a very good point. Most of American hustler policies in the middle east are the real cause for the middle east dispising us overwhelmingly the way they do. This continued "thieving" policy builds the case that muslim fundamentalists and extreemists have used to hord support for thier cause.

However back on topic, OBL and his gang of cowards can in no way be justified in thier actions. I over reacted in my earlier post of killing him on the spot. I just realized that may make him a martyr for his fundamentalist base. He needs to be captured and humiliated and shown of his true cowardace in the face of justice.

Kandahar said:
The sheer idiocy of this thread is truly unbelievable...

Since Duke has chosen to ignore my question, I'll ask it again. Any other truce-supporters are welcome to answer it as well:

Do you believe Osama Bin Laden is a man of his word who wants to live in peace with America?

Actually, I did answer that question. However, just because I am in a good mood, I will answer it again: In the yes/no format: no. To elaborate: I don't think he wants to have his men and very possibly him die in a war without a good reason, i.e. one with the US. Catch my drifto?

Duke

Originally posted by Crispy:
If were not willing to talk about a truce, then we don't care about peace. All we want to do is war. If were not willing to at least talk about settling our differences, then were just a garbage nation running around attacking any country we feel like it. And that is not what this country is all about. We are not warlords.

Do you think we have done no wrong in all this. That we have done nothing to get people so mad that they want to fly planes in our buildings. Because if you do, you are lying to yourself. Think about it. You have to have a lot of hatred to do something that awful. That level of hatred is not self inflicted.

If your not willing to talk peace, then it's obvious all you want to do is war.

Originally posted by M14 Shooter
Billo is a troll.
He posts things just to stir up crap.

He's also breaking federal law. Someone should call the FBI.
You go ahead and call me anything you want.
Because I don't give a rats ass what you think!

Care to post the law I'm breaking Owen Marshall?

"Someone should call the FBI?"
What, you don't have the stones too?

Your not a very good American, are you?

Duke said:
No. That is completly incorrect, I might even go so far as to say that they are lies.

Since you are clealy too lethargic to go back and read them, I shall state them once again:

A government(militarty) cannot win a war against terrorism(an idea). It is infinite. What a govenment can do is not provoke terrorism towards that country. In this case, that would be a Western removal of forces and ifluence from the Middle East, for otherwise, the terrorism towards the West shall never end, and people will die.

My points come from the point of view of America, and the actions that America can take, while Bin Laden's come from the terrorist point of view, and they are very different.

Duke

Wrong, you can beat an Idea, we have beaten Communism and Fascism through both armed conflict and through the promotion of a superior set of ideas that of Capitalism and Democracy.

Your point is to give into O.B.L.'s demands, tell me what else pulling out of the Middle East could mean if not giving into the demands of the terrorist scum?

Last edited:
Duke said:
A message came from Osama Bin Laden, saying that they were planning an attack to the heartland of the USA, you know, the usual, but it had something new. Bin Laden suggested a truce, a solution to the War on Terror. He said if American forces left the Middle East (Which he considers his holy land), then he would end his terror wars. He even says that under this truce, America can stay and rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan, but not interfere with the governing of the countries. This truce would end the war on terror. It is a simple as this: Supossedly, we are in the Middle East to fight the battle against terrorism. Now, all we have to do is leave the Middle East, and we no longer have to worry about terrorist! Now what is wrong with this solution? Why would the USA not jump at a chance to save thousands of American lives, civilians and soldiers? It comes down to only one possiblity: there must be another reason the US is in the Middle East. A big, important reason that is more important than the lives of Americans. Why what could that be? What does the Middle East have so much of that the USA needs?

Here is Bin Laden's message, somewhat abridged.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17887284%5E601,00.html

Duke

When I first looked at the thread title I thought for sure everyone reguarldless of political ideology would agree that we shold never cave into terrorist,but I soon found out that was not true.

Imagine if a bully demanded money from you and stomped the **** out of you and you caved hopping your money would detere him.Would the bully stomp the **** out of you again for more money when he ran out?

Billo_Really said:
If were not willing to talk about a truce, then we don't care about peace. All we want to do is war. If were not willing to at least talk about settling our differences, then were just a garbage nation running around attacking any country we feel like it. And that is not what this country is all about. We are not warlords.

Do you think we have done no wrong in all this. That we have done nothing to get people so mad that they want to fly planes in our buildings. Because if you do, you are lying to yourself. Think about it. You have to have a lot of hatred to do something that awful. That level of hatred is not self inflicted.

Unconditional surrender of O.B.L. is the only option, there can be no common ground with his ilk, anyone who says there can, is diluding themselves and has no clue as to the true nature of the enemy, there goal is not peace of common ground it is a pan-Islamic Caliphate which descends across the entire middle east. Read your Dr. Qutb boys and girls because until you do you don't know jackshit about the enemy.

Originally posted by jamesrage:
When I first looked at the thread title I thought for sure everyone reguarldless of political ideology would agree that we shold never cave into terrorist,but I soon found out that was not true.

Imagine if a bully demanded money from you and stomped the **** out of you and you caved hopping your money would detere him.Would the bully stomp the **** out of you again for more money when he ran out?
Were the bullies.

jamesrage said:

Why are you suprised? If you read the translation of OBLs speech in a Boston accent you can sware it was fuc/king Ted Kennedy. The Dems and AlQaeda share the same talking points. It would be almost laughable if it wasn't so horribly horribly true.

Originally posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
Unconditional surrender of O.B.L. is the only option, there can be no common ground with his ilk, anyone who says there can, is diluding themselves and has no clue as to the true nature of the enemy, there goal is not peace of common ground it is a pan-Islamic Caliphate which descends across the entire middle east. Read your Dr. Qutb boys and girls because until you do you don't know jackshit about the enemy.
Showing the world that we are not even willing to talk speaks volumes about us as a nation.

Originally posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
In your bizzarro world where AlQaeda is the good guys.
Show me the post where I said that. I'll take my bizarro world over your make believe one any day.

Billo_Really said:

Oh, excuuse me. Someone walks into my house, murders my kids and dogs, I get him cornered in a cave, and then he wants to talk truce? No. I'll have the peace when he's in peices. Then we'll be sure he won't be able to disturb the peace any more. That's the only truce some people can be trusted with.

Billo_Really said:
Showing the world that we are not even willing to talk speaks volumes about us as a nation.

There will be no negotiation, no capitulation, and no surrender. I can't believe you're even considering negotiations with that murdering piece of sh!t.

Have you already forgotten already? Well let me remind you:

911wtcreutersitaly.jpg

Wrong, you can beat an Idea, we have beaten Communism and Fascism through both armed conflict and through the promotion of a superior set of ideas that of Capitalism and Democracy.

Your point is to give into O.B.L.'s demands, tell me what else pulling out of the Middle East could mean if not giving into the demands of the terrorist scum?

So, Communism is gone from the face of the earth? Are you sure? Why don't you look very closely... Same with fascism. Also, those are forms of government, genius, you can just overthrow the government. Also, the idea of those governments will never die. Anyway, terrorism, specifically against the USA, is not as clear cut as a government.

About the second half of your post, go re-read my post, and rebuke that, as opposed to something you made up.

This is the third time you have tried to rebuke something I did not say, so as to not have to rebuke what I did say.

Duke

Duke said:
So, Communism is gone from the face of the earth? Are you sure? Why don't you look very closely... Same with fascism. Also, those are forms of government, genius, you can just overthrow the government. Also, the idea of those governments will never die. Anyway, terrorism, specifically against the USA, is not as clear cut as a government.

About the second half of your post, go re-read my post, and rebuke that, as opposed to something you made up.

This is the third time you have tried to rebuke something I did not say, so as to not have to rebuke what I did say.

Duke

You have advocated the complete withdrawl of the U.S. from the Middle East, that is OBL's standing demand from his fatwa back in the 90's you can spin it any way you want but you're advocating for the U.S. to give into the demands of AlQaeda. In short you're the same type of person who would have appeased Hitler hoping he would go away. Well guess what? Appeasment does not lead to peace it leads to more conflict. Perhaps you ought to learn from history instead of trying to revise it.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Oh, excuuse me. Someone walks into my house, murders my kids and dogs, I get him cornered in a cave, and then he wants to talk truce? No. I'll have the peace when he's in peices. Then we'll be sure he won't be able to disturb the peace any more. That's the only truce some people can be trusted with.

That is not even close to an accurate analogy.

We are fighting the war on terror. Terror is not nearly as simple as one person. You cannot rip it to peices. It is an idea, a strategy, it is infinite. You cannot eradicate it. Let us fix that analogy: Someone sneaks into your house and kills your kid, then you chase him into a cave and kill him. But, as it turns out, that did not make a difference. He is turned into a martyr, and the Dog & Kids killing organization is only fueled, and continue to kill your dog and kids.

Duke

Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
There will be no negotiation, no capitulation, and no surrender. I can't believe you're even considering negotiations with that murdering piece of sh!t.

Have you already forgotten already? Well let me remind you:
Who said anything about capitulation? Who said anything about surrender? How about during negociations we tell them the only way the truce will work is if they give up Bin Laden.

Not being willing to talk is much worse than making demands from a distance.

You have advocated the complete withdrawl of the U.S. from the Middle East, that is OBL's standing demand from his fatwa back in the 90's you can spin it any way you want but you're advocating for the U.S. to give into the demands of AlQaeda. In short you're the same type of person who would have appeased Hitler hoping he would go away. Well guess what? Appeasment does not lead to peace it leads to more conflict. Perhaps you ought to learn from history instead of trying to revise it.

Well, that makes no sense at all. So, let's do this all over again, because Octavian does not get it. The terrorists attacked the USA because they wanted US troops out of their holy land. So, we put more troops in their holy land, who proceeded to get killed. Oh my, what can we do? We try to kill them, but they just keep coming! They become terrorists to protect their holy land, and then we send in troops to their holy land! So they kill us! What can we do? Why, there is only one thing to do: get out of their holy land, then they will not have reason to kill us.

Hitler was quite another story. He was a country, he had an army.

Duke

Back
Top Bottom