• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should The USA Accept the Truce?

Should The USA Accept The Truce?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • No!

Votes: 44 83.0%

• Total voters
mixedmedia said:
I hear what you're saying, but let's be real, everyone's political viewpoints, especially when it comes to matters of war, are influenced by emotion in one way or another. I don't flatter myself to be one with all the right answers, but I suspect the right path, as always, is somewhere in the middle. Thus, making it not only right, but necessary, to consider all viewpoints. Plus, I tend to give people credit for having a thoughtful viewpoint at all.....so many people just don't care and are ready to accept whatever choices are made on their behalf.

Yeah, but I'm a firm believer that if an individual's opinion doesn't match mine then it must be wrong. It's the arrogance in me.:cool:

GySgt said:
Yeah, but I'm a firm believer that if an individual's opinion doesn't match mine then it must be wrong. It's the arrogance in me.:cool:
And you wear it well, gunny. ;)

Originally Posted by Vanderveeken
The video is from WTI, the same biased source.

The article is from a source I do not know, and the description of the explosion does not in any way match what WP looks like. WP does not make a mushroom cloud, in fact it makes what looks much like a standard fireworks chrysanthemum. Long smoke trails arching out form a central point and falling back to earth with a bright spark at the lead.

What they are describing sounds more like napalm.
What are you so afraid of?

Originally posted by jamesrage:
Actually the source is very important.Becasue often times people intentionally or subconsciencely misinterpret the facts to push an agenda.

The USS Liberty for example was bombed by the Israelis.If you used leftist ant-semitc sites then the attack was a case of terrorism agaisnt the US commited by Israelis.Now if you look around through different sites then you will find out that two days prior to the ship being bomb the US announced to the world "that it had no warships within hundreds of miles of the combat zone."
I understand the point you are making. And it is a valid one. But it is not the case in the context of this discussion. What I am saying is that something has occured. In your scenario, there was an attack on the USS Liberty. Many people on this board try to say to me that they don't believe the USS Liberty was attacked because the information I used came from a biased source.

Billo_Really said:
What are you so afraid of?

Snakes. Vile serpents of Satan.

Isn't that amazing? I will clear buildings, attack into an attack, search for IED's, and lead patrols into fire fights, but you place a snake in my path and I am useless.

Originally posted by GySgt:
Snakes. Vile serpents of Satan.

Isn't that amazing? I will clear buildings, attack into an attack, search for IED's, and lead patrols into fire fights, but you place a snake in my path and I am useless.
I afraid of one day having to go to India to visit my old job.

Back
Top Bottom