• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the US continue to aid Ukraine as it attacks inside of Russia?

Should the US continue to aid Ukraine after they attacked inside Russia?

• Yes

Votes: 64 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

Blondie

Reaction score
With the recent attacks inside Russia should the U.S. continue to aid Ukraine?

Are you suggesting only Ukraine's is open season, but Russia's logistics, military bases, and territory should be safe? This is war. One country doesn't get to just lay waste to entire cities but cry bully as soon as anything happens in return.

Other. The US should decide whether the Russian military occupation of (more of) Ukraine poses a larger threat (to the US population) than the Chinese military occupation of Taiwan would.

As I said in the other thread, it’s genuinely fascinating watching the narrative shift in real time from “going after civilians is bad, people who carry out bombing attacks on civilian targets because those civilians‘ country is engaged in a war of aggression are terrorists“ to “those civilians had it coming because of the war of aggression!“

The U.S. and the rest of the countries supporting Ukraine need to decide what the goal is. Why do you fight a war and put restrictions on the warriors. In this case we claim to be supporting Ukraine, (the country that holds the dope on the Biden family money scheme) but we don't want to give some of the most important materials to fight the war. In effect tying the hands of the Ukraine army to defense only while being pummeled by the Russians. Slowly and irregularly Biden lifted some of those stupid restrictions on the types of arms we would allow to be provided, by the U.S. and by our NATO allies who were willing to give other arms.
Did we learn nothing from Nam, fighting a defensive war, a police action, isn't going to win a war. It cost lives and allows the conflict to rage on for years instead of being brought to an end.
Decide what we want to happen, win the war, bring it to a close, and push hard for that. People are dying, cities being destroyed and we sit on our hands and watch because we are playing politics. If the nations of the world really wanted this to end they could do much more than they are currently doing. The often used sanctions don't ever seem to have much affect because too many of them are weak, are not forcefully implemented and many nations ignore them.
We are currently depleting our own arms and not replacing them at the rate we should be. Trump did a lot to build up our military and now Biden's helping to deplete it just as he has our Strategic Petroleum Reserve. If you give it away and don't replace it you leave us vulnerable.
Why is Joe soft on Russia, Russia, Russia?

Its quite a gamble. Dropping bombs on someone who has his fingers on nukes is quite... what should I say... the ultimate Russian Roulette

Are you suggesting only Ukraine's is open season, but Russia's logistics, military bases, and territory should be safe? This is war. One country doesn't get to just lay waste to entire cities but cry bully as soon as anything happens in return.
That’s not to issue. It is a war and Ukraine is not entitled to win. The issue is on who’s dime and with who’s weaponry they wage this war and whether it’s worth the risk to the suppliers.

Yep.
Blast Russia back into the Stone Age as far as I’m concerned.

Nukes will do the job. Makes me wonder whether the reason Russians have nukes is to discourage civilised folks blasting them back to Stone Age.

Until they remove THEIR troops from the sovereign soil of the Ukraine, they don’t get to play victim.

They shouldnt. But they must also liberate Donbass and Crimea from the Bandera regime in Kyiv

Other. The US should decide whether the Russian military occupation of (more of) Ukraine poses a larger threat (to the US population) than the Chinese military occupation of Taiwan would.
its not even close. and neither threaten the "US populace" but Chinese hegemony/militarization/reunification certainly
are more problematic for the USA then the Russo-Uk border.
Of course nuke escalation is always a possibility -so there is that

its not even close. and neither threaten the "US populace" but Chinese hegemony/militarization/reunification certainly
are more problematic for the USA then the Russo-Uk border.
Of course nuke escalation is always a possibility -so there is that

Keep in mind the economic threat posed by (constantly increasing?) the Chinese control of many of our imports.

Nukes will do the job. Makes me wonder whether the reason Russians have nukes is to discourage civilised folks blasting them back to Stone Age.

They shouldnt. But they must also liberate Donbass and Crimea from the Bandera regime in Kyiv
Blah Blah.

If Russia wanted to use nukes, they would have already.

Saber rattle all you'd like for the wanna-be dictator that wishes to put the old USSR band back together.

China is vastly superior to the USA with their use of soft power, yes

Yep, ‘investing’ (a few million?) to influence US politicians is proving more successful than investing (billions?) in our MIC and “safety net” programs.

Blah Blah.

If Russia wanted to use nukes, they would have already.

Saber rattle all you'd like for the wanna-be dictator that wishes to put the old USSR band back together.
That’s flawed logic. The fact is Russia has the capabilities to use nukes whenever they like. And escalations will only lead to more escalation. My opinion is that giving Ukraine defense is fine but out weapons shouldn’t be used to be offensive on Russia. That’s putting the American people in danger. What happened to Ukraine saying they wouldn’t attack inside Russia? This was also a line for China so I expect Xi to come to the aid of Russia further pushing those two together.

On another note we’ve given Ukraine way too much in my opinion. I was brought during the 2016 election where everyone told Bernie Sanders we couldn’t pay for the things he wanted to do. But now in one year we’re spending more to aid Ukraine than we ever have for any nation ever and continuing to do so.

Yep.

Blast Russia back into the Stone Age as far as I’m concerned.

Until they remove THEIR troops from the sovereign soil of the Ukraine, they don’t get to play victim.
Yes let’s just kill all the civilians. Who cares!!!

Why do you say that?

That’s not to issue. It is a war and Ukraine is not entitled to win. The issue is on whose dime and with whose weaponry they wage this war and whether it’s worth the risk to the suppliers.
Exactly. If they wanna attack go attack fine, but don’t do it on the American people’s dime.

Did I miss where Russia has avoided killing Ukrainian citizens?
Lmao what!?!?. Oh that side did it so it’s okay now if this side does it back. An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.

Exactly. If they wanna attack go attack fine, but don’t do it on the American people’s dime.
Guarantee you've personally not paid more than $100 in taxes that have gone towards preventing Russia from expanding its footprint by occupying sovereign nations.

Back
Top Bottom