• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the US be supporting Ukraine?

Should the US be supporting Ukraine?

• Total voters
Except it's not simple. "Support" can mean a wide range of things, and many people have their different levels of support they are prepared to approve
How about the support we are currently providing, is it to little or to much?

Simple question, simple answer.
I voted NO.

But it is too late, I am resigned to the fact we already are, so if that is the case President Joe Biden needs to ask Congress to declare war on Russia and let us go all in, now, today, BOOM.

The Ukrainians say it is way too little. The Ukrainians will like a couple of nukes for starters.

How about the support we are currently providing, is it to little or to much?
I suppose it's about the right amount of support in this moment. We are making it difficult on the Russians while not escalating things in the process. It seems to me that this should have been anticipated and more should have been done to deter a Russian invasion.

Zelensky is getting this hero status while people forget he didn't think the Russians were gonna invade. He could have had his country better prepared. I suppose he is doing a fine job now.

If we didn't live in a global economy I'd say let them deal with it.

So, what is your answer. & again, there should be an Other option.
p.s. I'm Yes.
I think NATO should vote Ukraine in on an emergency vote & really support them.

I suppose it's about the right amount of support in this moment. We are making it difficult on the Russians while not escalating things in the process. It seems to me that this should have been anticipated and more should have been done to deter a Russian invasion.

Zelensky is getting this hero status while people forget he didn't think the Russians were gonna invade. He could have had his country better prepared. I suppose he is doing a fine job now.

If we didn't live in a global economy I'd say let them deal with it.
Ukraine has been fighting Russians for a number of years already.

IMO, it's about allowing a sovereign state to exist, inside their own borders.

The present borders are too unstable. What Ukraine needs is a much smaller, ethnically pure Ukrainian state in a smaller space. Ethnic Russians in Ukraine don't want to be part of the ethnic Ukrainian project. They should be able to get out.

The present borders are too unstable. What Ukraine needs is a much smaller, ethnically pure Ukrainian state in a smaller space. Ethnic Russians in Ukraine don't want to be part of the ethnic Ukrainian project. They should be able to get out.
Why are they fighting with other Ukrainians Against the invaders.

Given that it's a simple question with no discussion as to what support entails, I'll say yes. I would think all Americans have a visceral reaction when a sovereign nation is invaded by a foreign power. Smacks us right in the historical feels.

Yes, the world and all that can should and tIMO his part of another person's answer below fits nicely

Spoken like a true Putin fanboy

Given that it's a simple question with no discussion as to what support entails, I'll say yes. I would think all Americans have a visceral reaction when a sovereign nation is invaded by a foreign power. Smacks us right in the historical feels.

Since when?😂

Since when?😂
The fact that America is often the foreign power doing the invading doesn't change the emotional reaction.

Especially not for those Americans fully vested in the nation's mythos.

;)

Ahh, a love the smell of ethno-nationalism talking points in the morning!

Uhhh...should we tell him?

The fact that America is often the foreign power doing the invading doesn't change the emotional reaction.

Especially not for those Americans fully vested in the nation's mythos.

;)

The US actively supported Iraq invading Iran. It happily supported Indonesia rolling into East Timor and China invading Vietnam. And that’s not even getting into all those wars where we were the ones rolling the tanks in.

A mythos is a mythos for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom