• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the United States implement racial profiling of Muslim-Americans?

Should Muslims and American Muslims be subject to increased scrutiny?

• Yes

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Unitedwestand13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is going to be a contentious topic.

With the attack on Charlie Hebdo in our memory, should the United States implement laws or polices that specifically target American Muslims and other Muslims?

Should we limit the rights of people, especially the rights of our citizens, if they are followers of the Islamic faith?

Many conservatives I know are all for camps like the Japanese in WWII.

With the attack on Charlie Hebdo in our memory, should the United States implement laws or polices that specifically target American Muslims and other Muslims?

Should we limit the rights of people, especially the rights of our citizens, if they are followers of the Islamic faith?

I like to craft our broad domestic policy, which would impact millions, on isolated incidents, occurring to a handful of people, in a foreign nation.

Any federal government action that did that would be presumed unconstitutional, probably on equal protection grounds. Although the Fifth Amendment has no Equal Protection Clause, the Supreme Court treats its Due Process clause as applying the guarantee of equal protection to the federal government. The act would only be constitutional if the government could prove it was necessary to achieve some compelling government interest. The best-known example of the Court upholding that kind of thing was Korematsu, where it upheld President Roosevelt's executive order relocating persons of Japanese ancestry away from the West Coast.

For what exactly? Why should all American Muslims and just Muslims in general be put under scrutiny?

Answered no, the effort would probably backfire and likely put an even bigger target on the US by a good 3rd of the world.

I must state my reason for posting this thread.

I don't support the idea of racial profiling of anyone for being Muslim.

I also am bitterly opposed to bigotry, and i am worried that attacks like the one on Charlie Hebdo fuel feelings of islamophobia.

Should the United States implement racial profiling of Muslim-Americans?

I have a question and it's one you never hear asked...does profiling work?

If it doesn't then this is a debate is a waste of time.

If it does work and it can be used to save the lifes of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, honkeys, Mexicans, Blacks, Asians, Cowboys, Indians, gays, straights, old folks, young folks, etc. equally--then why aren't we using it to the fullest?

As long as people misbehave so .. they will have to cede "rights" ... That is the way it is .. It may not be right ...

Oh please, as if your average liberal white college girl is truly opposed to anyone being racially discriminated against. Anyone who believes that is truly beyond help.

I picked other.American Muslims should not be under any extra scrutiny. But everyone who is not American citizen coming into the US should be under extra scrutiny. Non-citizens should not be allowed to freely coming into the US with no background and health checks.

I must state my reason for posting this thread.

I don't support the idea of racial profiling of anyone for being Muslim.

I also am bitterly opposed to bigotry, and i am worried that attacks like the one on Charlie Hebdo fuel feelings of islamophobia.
I think you are correct, sir . I'd say that Islamaphobia has existed for a time, and now it is worse to much worse in Europe and America ..I feel that Islam can do a lot more than they have to rectify the situation. We (our government) can as well , its basic respect, which I do not believe Islam has ever received ..

Many conservatives I know are all for camps like the Japanese in WWII.

Many liberals want to make it a criminal offense to say anything negative about the religion of Islam.

My message is definitely as accurate as your's.

I picked other.American Muslims should not be under any extra scrutiny. But everyone who is not American citizen coming into the US should be under extra scrutiny. Non-citizens should not be allowed to freely coming into the US with no background and health checks.

Most terrorism and violence against Americans in America comes from other Americans, not foreigners.

I think our best course of action would be to learn about the reality of our situation, rather than just look for scapegoats.

I believe we should profile many different sociocultural, political, religious, and/or racial groups, including Canadians, fat people, Scientologists, the producers of Live Free Die Hard, residents of New Jersey, people with both pronounced dimples and a cleft chin, card-carrying members of the Choctaw Native American tribe (the other tribes are okay), Argonians, the French, writers on Tosh.0, Orthodox Jews, Twilight fans, Nigerian investment bankers, Google employees, people who say rubbish instead of garbage, mimes, Vorcha, members of the www.debatepolitics.com political forum, talk show hosts, Oompa Loompas, and certain breeds of house cat. If you don't think house cats are technically a race, it's because you are a bigoted specist scumbag, who has nothing but your own prejudice and hatred to bring to this debate, and we're better off without you here.

But no, not Muslims. I don't have a memorable dispute with any individual Muslim (yet), so they aren't on my list of untrustworthy groups.

...Also, how the hell do you racially profile a religion?

Last edited:
Religion alone is not enough to profile anyone on.

As long as people misbehave so .. they will have to cede "rights" ... That is the way it is .. It may not be right ...

Not the question. Should people have to 'cede rights' because other people misbehave?

I believe we should profile many different sociocultural, political, religious, and/or racial groups, including Canadians, fat people, Scientologists, the producers of Live Free Die Hard, residents of New Jersey, people with both pronounced dimples and a cleft chin, card-carrying members of the Choctaw Native American tribe (the other tribes are okay), Argonians, the French, writers on Tosh.0, Orthodox Jews, Twilight fans, Nigerian investment bankers, Google employees, people who say rubbish instead of garbage, mimes, Vorcha, members of the www.debatepolitics.com political forum, talk show hosts, Oompa Loompas, and certain breeds of house cat. If you don't think house cats are technically a race, it's because you are a bigoted specist scumbag, who has nothing but your own prejudice and hatred to bring to this debate, and we're better off without you here.

But no, not Muslims. I don't have a memorable dispute with any individual Muslim (yet), so they aren't on my list of untrustworthy groups.

...Also, how the hell do you racially profile a religion?

Good question.

Also, you left off your list redheads and lefthanders. ;)

Wait a second. Didnt something similar to this happen in Germany in the 1930s?

@_@

no of course not lol

should we limit the rights of any group based on the bad actions of one or many of that group? of course not unless we no longer want to be a free country with any rights at all

Hello,

The more Muslim attacks that occur, the more people will vote yes.

Garion

Most terrorism and violence against Americans in America comes from other Americans, not foreigners.

I think our best course of action would be to learn about the reality of our situation, rather than just look for scapegoats.

That is true.However I am not in favor of importing more problems into this country.Non-citizens should be thoroughly screened before being allowed into the US.

For what exactly? Why should all American Muslims and just Muslims in general be put under scrutiny?

Some of them want to kill you. Some of them don't. It's the same reason that we should put American Christians and just Christians in general under scrutiny.

We should treat Muslims that want to kill us the same way that we treat Christians who want to kill us. Wouldn't you agree? Shouldn't we treat Muslims the same way that we treat Christians?

Back
Top Bottom