• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the U.S. spy on anti-war protestors?

Should the Government spy on anti-war protestors

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Should the U.S. Government be spying on anti-war protestors within the U.S.?

Naw, the protestors have a right to proclaim their disgust.

Of course they should, isn't Sheehan an honorary member of AQ? While we're at it, might as well keep tabs on those radical liberals in the Democratic party.

Absolutely not. They are simply exercising their right to free speech, not secretly plotting to blow up the White House or something.

corrie.jpg

I dunno. Some of these guys are so far off that left wing they are in freefall to paradise. This one supposedly jumped under a bulldozer in an effort to prevent the collapse of a tunnel used to deliver weapons and supplies to Arab terrorists.

rachel-corrie-flag-02.jpg

Sheesh talk about begging to be drained from the gene pool.

She is attempting to burn a pseudoamerican flag up in those photos. I guess she had run out of spares earlier.

akyron said:
I dunno. Some of these guys are so far off that left wing they are in freefall to paradise. This one supposedly jumped under a bulldozer in an effort to prevent the collapse of a tunnel used to deliver weapons and supplies to Arab terrorists.

Sheesh talk about begging to be drained from the gene pool.

She is attempting to burn a pseudoamerican flag up in those photos. I guess she had run out of spares earlier.

Good Riddance......
I don't understand how anyone could protect the Palestinians.
Screw them.

And if you think that stupid biiiatch represents the views of "the left" your sadly mistaken.

NIce attempt at a blanket statement though.

Befuddled_Stoner said:
Of course they should, isn't Sheehan an honorary member of AQ? While we're at it, might as well keep tabs on those radical liberals in the Democratic party.

Where did you get this ridiculous claim from? Hannity? Coulter? Oh... It was Micheal Savage..... that guy.

Yeah... keep tabs on the other side... Like Nixon right?

Good show of "good conservative christian" values.

Caine said:
Good Riddance......
I don't understand how anyone could protect the Palestinians.
Screw them.

And if you think that stupid biiiatch represents the views of "the left" your sadly mistaken.

NIce attempt at a blanket statement though.

Some=Blanket? Some doesnt mean "all" to me.

scottyz said:
Should the U.S. Government be spying on anti-war protestors within the U.S.?

Why waste time spying on these anti Americans? Just jail them, or force those of age to take boot camp and ship them over for 1 year of combat duty. This way, these former lost souls might just switch alliances by protesting the acts of worldwide terrorism by supporting and fighting for the American cause.

ptsdkid said:
Why waste time spying on these anti Americans? Just jail them, or force those of age to take boot camp and ship them over for 1 year of combat duty. This way, these former lost souls might just switch alliances by protesting the acts of worldwide terrorism by supporting and fighting for the American cause.

Ok, Whatever you say Hitler....

I was drafted at the age of 19, and ended up fighting in Vietnam for our country. These protesters of similar age (if not drafted during time of war) should be made to at least do 1 year of some type of civil service. If we leave these dregs of society to their own anti-American ambitions--they will surely end up traveling into the abyss like a Ramsey Clark or a John Kerry. We need to indoctrinate these lost souls into true Americans while they still have heads full of unused mush.

ptsdkid said:
I was drafted at the age of 19, and ended up fighting in Vietnam for our country. These protesters of similar age (if not drafted during time of war) should be made to at least do 1 year of some type of civil service. If we leave these dregs of society to their own anti-American ambitions--they will surely end up traveling into the abyss like a Ramsey Clark or a John Kerry. We need to indoctrinate these lost souls into true Americans while they still have heads full of unused mush.

1. We don't have a draft anymore, therefore, military service is voluntary.

2. Just because they don't agree with the war, that does not make them "anti American". If they were so anti American, why would they live here?

3. Military service doesn't automatically make you a supporter of the war. I served from 2001-2005, and I don't agree with the war. And I'm certainly not anti American.

ptsdkid said:

Your Communist remarks are truly Anti-American.

Morally speaking No they should not, but that won't stop the fascist's, it didn't stop them invading Iraq, it didn't stop them invading Afghanistan.

There is no respect for alternative views now in America, it seems to me there is a with us or against us attitude, and if your against you get held in a detention center like thousands of people at the republican convention.

This is what hitler would have done had he surveillance capabilities comparable to modern america's, and they call it the land of the free??

****ing Joke!

Stace said:
1. We don't have a draft anymore, therefore, military service is voluntary.

2. Just because they don't agree with the war, that does not make them "anti American". If they were so anti American, why would they live here?

3. Military service doesn't automatically make you a supporter of the war. I served from 2001-2005, and I don't agree with the war. And I'm certainly not anti American.

I fully understand that we don't have a draft. My suggestion is that every American perform 1 year of civil service for their country, ROTC etc..--perhaps at the age of 18, or when they graduate high school. You do remember JFK's patriotic slogan, "Ask not what your country can do for you, rather, ask what you can do for your country".
The reason these anti-Americans live here is because this country (thanks to our strong military and it's leadership) has given them freedoms that they would not have in most regions elsewhere.
The fact that you cannot see that the hysterical rants of these immature protesters only serves to weaken America's resolve, and our troop's resolve--tells me that you fit into the same category as these whiners. Tell me just how giving air time to these people is helping our country, or how it helps the morale of our troops in Iraq. Please give me an answer without the usual liberal spin.
Of course military service isn't a sign of one supporting war. John Kerry is a fine example of that.
The reason America needs to indoctrinate these young people into a year of civil service is because if left to their own desire--they would undoubtedly copy the myopic vision of our former attorney general (Ramsey Clark) by pushing to defend enemies like Saddam Hussein. Again, please tell me how you would consider people like Ramsey Clark to be pro American, and not un or anti American.

Ptsdkid you really think your country gives a **** about you??

Fat chance, you think it gives a damn about the servicemen it has sent to Iraq to do Rumsfeld and Halliburtons bidding, no way.

When you act without compassion or respect for humanity you attract angry protest, this is a fact of life and a natural response to Inhumane acts of terrorism.

ptsdkid said:
The fact that you cannot see that the hysterical rants of these immature protesters only serves to weaken America's resolve, and our troop's resolve
As a veteran of this "Iraqi Freedom" war, I can tell you that any soldier who lets the protests weaken thier resolve is a worthless ***** and doesn't deserve to serve his country because he obviously can't handle his own emotional problems. No soldier I served with has ever allowed protests or dissent in our government keep him from doing his job to complete the mission to the fullest of his ability. This argument being made is completely false, and its just another attempt to control the minds of the people.
Tell me just how giving air time to these people is helping our country, or how it helps the morale of our troops in Iraq. Please give me an answer without the usual liberal spin.
And this answer doesn't have the spin of the FAR FAR right? Some Conservatives on this site would disagree with you here.

ptsdkid said:
I fully understand that we don't have a draft. My suggestion is that every American perform 1 year of civil service for their country, ROTC etc..--perhaps at the age of 18, or when they graduate high school. You do remember JFK's patriotic slogan, "Ask not what your country can do for you, rather, ask what you can do for your country".
The reason these anti-Americans live here is because this country (thanks to our strong military and it's leadership) has given them freedoms that they would not have in most regions elsewhere.
The fact that you cannot see that the hysterical rants of these immature protesters only serves to weaken America's resolve, and our troop's resolve--tells me that you fit into the same category as these whiners. Tell me just how giving air time to these people is helping our country, or how it helps the morale of our troops in Iraq. Please give me an answer without the usual liberal spin.
Of course military service isn't a sign of one supporting war. John Kerry is a fine example of that.
The reason America needs to indoctrinate these young people into a year of civil service is because if left to their own desire--they would undoubtedly copy the myopic vision of our former attorney general (Ramsey Clark) by pushing to defend enemies like Saddam Hussein. Again, please tell me how you would consider people like Ramsey Clark to be pro American, and not un or anti American.

Of course, try to box it all up neatly and label us all liberal whiners. Not going to work.

Millions of Americans have gotten along just fine without doing any sort of civil service, don't see why that would change now all of a sudden.....

I don't see why you have such a problem with the protestors...they are simply exercising their rights to free speech. No one said you had to be "helping" the country in order to have free speech. Not to mention, most of the troops aren't watching the news from here.....they're too busy playing XBOX when they have downtime. Believe me, my husband was over there, if he wasn't on duty, he was sleeping, in the internet cafe talking to me online, on the phone with me, playing video games or watching DVDs. NOT watching the news from back home.

Anyway, until you can provide some factual evidence to prove how "un American" these protestors are, or how forcing people into civil service would change anything, I have nothing further to say.

Mickyjaystoned said:
Ptsdkid you really think your country gives a **** about you??

Fat chance, you think it gives a damn about the servicemen it has sent to Iraq to do Rumsfeld and Halliburtons bidding, no way.

When you act without compassion or respect for humanity you attract angry protest, this is a fact of life and a natural response to Inhumane acts of terrorism.

This isn't about wheter the country gives a **** about me. The fact that I'm a disabled combat veteran collecting about $4,500 tax free money a month tells me that 'my country' has lived up to it's end of the bargain.

Those servicemen to a man will tell you that they volunteered for service on their own accord, knowing damn well the dangers involved. The bigger picture here isn't the fact that Halliburton employs many Americans (a capitalistic ideal foreign to you), or it's boon for American interests, or the pro American patriotic mindset of our troops, rather it's the ongoing progress of defeating terrorism by setting up a democratic government in one of the most dangerous spots on earth.

That quote about acting without compassion or respect for humanity was certainly directed to Saddam...wasn't it?

Caine said:
As a veteran of this "Iraqi Freedom" war, I can tell you that any soldier who lets the protests weaken thier resolve is a worthless ***** and doesn't deserve to serve his country because he obviously can't handle his own emotional problems. No soldier I served with has ever allowed protests or dissent in our government keep him from doing his job to complete the mission to the fullest of his ability. This argument being made is completely false, and its just another attempt to control the minds of the people.
And this answer doesn't have the spin of the FAR FAR right? Some Conservatives on this site would disagree with you here.

I figured all along that you didn't have the ability or the know how to answer that simple question of how this anti war protesting is helping our country, or helping the morale of our troops. Don't worry, you didn't dissapoint me.
You obviously weren't around during the growing protests of the Vietnam war. If you think this protesting diidn't help us to lose that war, or to weaken the resolve of our troops--then you need to read up on your history.

ptsdkid said:
I figured all along that you didn't have the ability or the know how to answer that simple question of how this anti war protesting is helping our country, or helping the morale of our troops. Don't worry, you didn't dissapoint me.
You obviously weren't around during the growing protests of the Vietnam war. If you think this protesting diidn't help us to lose that war, or to weaken the resolve of our troops--then you need to read up on your history.

So, Maybe it is weakening your resolve.
But to the grunt who has balls, he isn't affected by it.
If he even bothers to take notice of it, he, like me, calls them a bunch of dumbasses and goes about playing Halo2 and reading Sun Tzu's Art of War or whatever until their next guard shift or mission.

No true fighting man of our Military cares what the hell the protestors are doing, thats the difference between your generation of the drafted man, and our generation of the Volunteer, we understand that there is going to be people who don't agree, and who want to protest, and we just don't give a ****.

You cannot defeat Terrorism without taking away the very reason for people to become terrorists, IMO this is American Foreign Policy, every decade since 1945 America has been involved in killing civilians imposing sanctions and generally bullying the whole world, from Chile to Mexico, Nicaragua, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Gulf War 1 and now Iraq2000 and the War on Terror.

All the aforementioned wars were an excercise in exporting American style Democracy which basically means that American businesses have free reign over the countries natural resources, Bolivian Water, Iraq Oil the list go's on.

I suggest you patriots read a good book on American Foreign policy, theres your compassion man, the contras of Nicaragua, ****ing Nuclear Bombs, the invasion and attrocities of Vietnam. jesus the country even scared the **** out of it's own people for decades during the cold war, which has been shown to have been an exagerration engineered to control the American public.

I have sympathy for Americans they are generally a good people but the politics of the country has been based on Business expansion and control, not many peoples have had as much **** as the Yanks, but they only have their own leaders to blame.

Saddam is hardly a compassionate man and i do not approve of him nor Bush Nor Blair, they are all the same these people, they elevate themselves above humanity and think they have the rights to do what they will.

I love everyone on this forum, regardless of political stance, religious beliefs because we are all the same, we all have hearts and we all have the gift of love to give to everyone and anyone we want to, the leaders of the world are jealous of this and keep humanity bickering and divided with these false beliefs and Paradigms, they hide humanity's love by sending us to wars where we kill people we might even get along with, i have more respect for an Insurgent in Iraq than George bUSH or any politician, they are giving up their lifes in the hope of a better future for their kids, one without fascism.

Mickyjaystoned said:
I love everyone on this forum, regardless of political stance, religious beliefs because we are all the same, we all have hearts and we all have the gift of love to give to everyone and anyone we want to, the leaders of the world are jealous of this and keep humanity bickering and divided with these false beliefs and Paradigms, they hide humanity's love by sending us to wars where we kill people we might even get along with, i have more respect for an Insurgent in Iraq than George bUSH or any politician, they are giving up their lifes in the hope of a better future for their kids, one without fascism.

I liked this paragraph very much....I think there are a lot of people on here that would agree with this. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom