• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the U.S. Build a Wall Across the Southern Boarder?

Should the U.S. build a wall along the Southern Boarder?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by jamesrage:
He fails to see the impact because he proably has not seen it affect his wallet yet.
What's in your wallet?

Billo_Really said:
What's in your wallet?
A five dollar gas station gift card,student ID,check card,driver license,photos of family,korean grocery discount card,and check card with no money in the bank.

The U.S. should invade and annex Mexico and it's oil.

Saboteur said:

Or we could just buy it, who knows they might be interested make them an offer, this would also create an existential dilemna because when somebodies getting ready to cross the border his friend looks at him and says: "Where are you going?" "To America," he replies. and then his friend says: "but your in America."

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Or we could just buy it, who knows they might be interested make them an offer, this would also create an existential dilemna because when somebodies getting ready to cross the border his friend looks at him and says: "Where are you going?" "To America," he replies. and then his friend says: "but your in America."

Sounds good to me.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
but it worked; furthermore, if we hired illegal immigrants to build it it would be pretty cheap, :lol: also, this isn't a problem comparable to the China situation you can't do a cost-benefit analysis comparing a pre-industrialized nation to the United States.

NO wall has ever stopped mankind, it may slow him down, of course.
To propose this idea on a serious basis proves that fools are still roaming about.
Fools are that as they refuse to learn anything from history..

earthworm said:
To propose this idea on a serious basis proves that fools are still roaming about.

The idea is to stop as many as possible and slow the rest. No reason to believe that a secure wall, appropriately manned, cannot do that.

We're takling abouut stopping illegal Mexican immigrants, not Guderian and/or the Mongol hordes.

earthworm said:

A heavily armed wall will keep out invaders much better than electronic survelliance and a handfull of border guards..

earthworm said:

That's why I recommended mine fields.

earthworm said:

The areas that have walls have seen a near total elimination of illegal immigration. To propose the idea that this doesn't work with all the evidence to the contrary proves that fools are still mouthing off without getting the facts.

Even if it only slowed them down, that would still be less illegals overwhelming our prisons, getting fully taxpayer-funded healthcare, and sitting on welfare. The cost is staggering. I know it isn't politically correct to admit that, but look at the numbers for Christ's sake.

Whatever we have to pay to build a wall and keep them out can't top the gargantuan costs we are paying to let them in.

Amazing how some people still think we do not have a problem.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20060207-103311-5083r.htm
Texas sheriff and his deputy told Congress yesterday they had "no doubt" that Mexican military crossed the U.S. border in Texas on Jan. 23, even as Mexican officials announced they have concluded it was known drug traffickers instead.
"There's no doubt in my mind there was Mexican military involvement. I've seen it too many times over the years," said Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West, in whose jurisdiction the incursion happened.

No..building a wall across the boarder is just a billion dollar boondoggle. Station the national guard along our border so it can guard our nation like it's supposed to.

Saboteur said:

Oh Great! And have to hear more BS about a War For oil?! :roll: I don't think so! LOL!

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
No..building a wall across the boarder is just a billion dollar boondoggle. Station the national guard along our border so it can guard our nation like it's supposed to.

I think national guard troops as well as regular military troops can be placed on and around the wall.A huge wall would help keep out illegal immigrints and give our troops the advatage of being placed on a wall.It would be easier for them to shoot anything that comes across illegally.

Back
Top Bottom