• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the total Mueller report be made public?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It is a simple question, in your opinion, should the total Mueller report be made public? Please give your reasoning.

Probably not. There will probably be things in it which we don't want Russia to have official confirmation that we know ... or specific details about how we found it out.

Abso-****ing-lutely. There will literally be riots in the streets if it is hidden or covered up by the WH, the GOP, or Trump's bought-and-paid-for Fluffer, Acting Attorney General Whitaker.

It is a simple question, in your opinion, should the total Mueller report be made public? Please give your reasoning.

Yes, because the people need to know the Truth....... we have a right and need to know about the Truth of Trump and we have the right and need to know what Mueller has been up to, because when this is all over we need to decide if Mueller and the DOJ abused the nation or not.

Probably not. There will probably be things in it which we don't want Russia to have official confirmation that we know ... or specific details about how we found it out.
Mueller won't include any classified information in his public report, but I'm sure Congress will be provided with that material.

Define what you mean because I think they should it without any blacking-out. Because the cat is out of the bag. Let me explain, everyone in Fox News, msnbc, cnn,and etc. are talking about it. Well there’s sensitive stuff in those documents. So what I’m sorry but, if we already know what happened. Can we see what those documents have

Are you speaking classified, or unclassified?

There's going to be a lot of classified that should not be let out.

But the rest, in my opinion, should be let out.

Bingo!

It shouldn't and, I hate to tell you this, it won't.

There will be classified, confidential and sensitive information in the report. There is also likely to be stuff in the report that will impact subsequent investigations or prosecutions.

Some people might say it sucks, but the fact is the public doesn't have a "need to know".

Mueller won't include any classified information in his public report, but I'm sure Congress will be provided with that material.

Wrong.

Mueller will be delivering his report to the AG. All classified information will be there. Mueller WON'T be providing a public report. It will be up to the AG if there is a public report and what is in it. Same for Congress. The AG will make the decisions.

Abso-****ing-lutely. There will literally be riots in the streets if it is hidden or covered up by the WH, the GOP, or Trump's bought-and-paid-for Fluffer, Acting Attorney General Whitaker.

I highly suspect Whitaker won't be acting AG by the time Mueller is done and has delivered his report to the permanent AG. Whoever that AG is will be making the decision if it's released and what's in it.

The public will, at best, get to see a non-classified summary.

Should the total Mueller report be made public?

All of it, except perhaps passages that unavoidably reveal (expressly or tacitly) national intelligence means, methods and resources, should be made public. For national intelligence compromising passages, there should, in place of the national security compromising details, be annotations that summarize what has been found or deduced.

All of it, except perhaps passages that unavoidably reveal (expressly or tacitly) national intelligence means, methods and resources, should be made public. For national intelligence compromising passages, there should, in place of the national security compromising details, be annotations that summarize what has been found or deduced.

Congress should see ALL of it, or there will seriously be hell to pay.

Congress should see ALL of it, or there will seriously be hell to pay.
What kind of serious hell?

Maybe hold the AG in contempt. We've seen how that plays out when Holder was AG

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I see some folks express binary-thinking by saying or implying that the full report should be released to the public without regard to what national security/intelligence compromising information it may contain. I don't agree. If there is info in the document that'll abet our adversaries' efforts to infiltrate or subvert or otherwise diminish our intelligence/security capabilities, then, as with all things prudently undertaken, a balance must be struck.

It's utterly ridiculous, reprehensible and irresponsible to cut off the "nose" of one's curiosity to spite the "face" of the nation's overall security and our government's ability to maintain it. Hell, one of the central matters that report will likely address is the nature and extent to which Russians (perhaps other nations) availed themselves of Trump's (and/or his associates') disaffectedness, hubris and avarice to compromise and infiltrate various US institutions and core processes, not the least of which is the electoral process.

Yes, because the people need to know the Truth....... we have a right and need to know about the Truth of Trump and we have the right and need to know what Mueller has been up to, because when this is all over we need to decide if Mueller and the DOJ abused the nation or not.

And before that, if the president committed felonies or not. Outside of Fox and the right-wing, red pill, incel blogosphere there is no delusion that any alleged abuses by Mueller are the bigger issue. This is first and foremost to find out if Individual-1 is a crook.

And before that, if the president committed felonies or not. Outside of Fox and the right-wing, red pill, incel blogosphere there is no delusion that any alleged abuses by Mueller are the bigger issue. This is first and foremost to find out if Individual-1 is a crook.

You are wrong, and your insults are both unsavory and uncivil so you get to be wrong again.

That is not going to get you anywhere with me.

You are wrong, and your insults are both unsavory and uncivil so you get to be wrong again.

He's shattered, I'm sure. :lol:

What kind of serious hell?

Maybe hold the AG in contempt. We've seen how that plays out when Holder was AG

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The House can just subpoena Mueller for the report. No need to bother the AG. The House has subpoena power over the executive an Mueller will be happy to comply. Starr also gave his report on Bill Clinton to the House Judiciary Committee.

It is not about you and me, and we don't have to 'get anywhere' with one another. Eeew.

My comments on the blogosphere are true enough. It is infested with those types. And outside of that realm, and of course Fox's echo chamber (and even that may not be on board with trump forever) nobody is talking about the alleged excesses of Mueller which have already been demonstrated false. Everyone is waiting on the findings of the Mueller report and what it has to say about Trump.

Hey the pro-Trump camp may yet be vindicated if it shows no wrongdoing. I doubt it but that's what criminal investigations are for: to root out the truth. Let's just wait for that.

If that's the case, good, we need that. Everything that can be publicly released should be.

The report should be fully released to Congress, and released to the public with the national security sections redacted.

Back
Top Bottom